Chapter Three

I'll Whisper Love Into Your Ears (and hope that one day, you'll do the same)

Two weeks later, Yixing awoke to his grandmother at the door.

"Wakey wakey, sleepyhead, someone's at the door and it's for you!"

Yixing turned to his clock, checking the time.

11:23AM.

He rolled to his side, letting out a loud groan.

What the , Baekhyun. It's too early in the morning to deal with you.

Yawning, he rolled out of bed and on to the floor, before dragging himself up and slowly walking to the door. He walked out of the room and ran a hand through his hair, before opening the door.

And immediately waking up.

"Hey."

It was Joonmyun smiling that really nice relaxed sort of smile.

It was Joonmyun.

Yixing's eyes widened and he reflexively slammed the door shut.

Needless to say, the man on the other side was very confused.

Of course you idiot Baekhyun doesn't knock on the door he just waltzes in but motherer this is not good oh God open the door you just slammed it on his face-

Yixing opened the door once more.

"Am I... Interrupting something? You look really flustered..."

Yixing shook his head furiously, trying to get rid of the red flourishing his cheeks.

"Are you sure? You're not sick are you?"

Once again, furious head shaking.

"Uhh, well then," now Joonmyun was the one that looked embarrassed, pulling a rose from behind his back and holding it out for him to take. "Happy two weeks? I mean- I hope you don't think it's weird or anything I just thought it'd be nice but I don't expect you to do anything and-"

Joonmyun was babbling, and Yixing thought the only suitable way to shut him up was to press a short kiss to his lips.

"Thank you," Yixing bit his lip. "It's really... It's really nice."

Joonmyun scratched the back of his neck, something which Yixing had noticed was an awkward habit.

"I'm glad you like them."

The two stood in a semi-awkward silence, before there was a yell from the house.

"Invite him inside!"

Immediately, Yixing rushed out the door and slammed it shut, smiling awkwardly at Joonmyun.

"Let's go for a walk?"

"I HEARD THAT DOOR SLAM. LET HIM IN OR I'LL COME AND GET HIM FOR YOU."

Yixing didn't know if Joonmyun was ready for this yet.

"I... Do you want to come in?"

Joonmyun smiled, that stupid smile that he always smiled.

"I was kind of... Uh... hoping you'd ask..."

Cute.

"Please don't be scared by Nai Nai. She's a bit much sometimes."

"I'll be okay..."

"No, she's a bit... Overwhelming."

Joonmyun laughed, "It's okay! Don't worry."

Yixing opened the door, and immediately his grandmother popped into view.

"Yi- oh wow," she walked over, and began almost inspecting Joonmyun, and Yixing began to tap her as he begun to look quite uncomfortable, but she paid him no mind. Finally, she leant back. "I didn’t get a decent look, last time. You are really a handsome one," she smiled, turning to Yixing. "I approve." She turned back to Joonmyun. "So you're the one my grandson won't stop telling me about?"

Yixing went bright red, and Joonmyun laughed, hands in his pockets.

"I sure hope so."

Yixing grabbed Joonmyun’s arm to pull him away, and Yixing’s grandmother laughed.

“Welcome to my crib?”

God, Yixing was glad he cleaned his room recently.

He placed the rose on his desk and sat on his unmade bed, looking as Joonmyun looked at him, smiling slightly.

“I hope I- uh- didn’t wake you up?”

Yixing’s eyes widened and his head flicked to the mirror.

Oh God, oh God oh God he came here a taken man and now he’s going to leave single.

 

Tracksuit pants? Check.
Old, perhaps slightly holey a-shirt? Check.
Bed hair? Check.

Yixing had never changed.

Oh my God.

 

“I’m so sorry you have to see me like this. I won’t blame you if you dump me.”

Joonmyun laughed as Yixing gathered up clothing, walking towards him and looping an arm around his waist.

“I think you look great.” he whispered into his ear, kissing the top of his neck slightly.

Yixing playfully pushed him off.

“You’re ing crazy. Or lying. Or both.”

“No. No, no no,” Joonmyun smiled, “You’re just really attractive.”

"I'm getting changed."

"I know," Joonmyun replied somewhat amusedly, looking him down. When Yixing stared at him, he raised an eyebrow, lips lifted just slightly into a smirk. "Come on then."

Yixing blushed, and Joonmyun would be lying if he didn't love the sight of a flustered Yixing. He looked like he was lost for a response, and Joonmyun let out a chuckle.

"I'm joking, baby. I'll turn away, promise I won't look."

Yixing's face relaxed and he nodded and Joonmyun sat on his bed. Yixing took Joonmyun's hands and placed them over his eyes, and Joonmyun laughed.

"If you're self-conscious, I'm letting you know you have nothing to worry about."

The Chinese's face dusted over with pink. Whilst he felt he had a lot of things to be self-conscious over, his body wasn't one he usually was. However with Joonmyun... It was different.

Yixing changed quickly, before rushing off to clean his teeth. When he came back, he almost laughed at the sight of Joonmyun’s, whose eyes were still covered. Yixing leant down to grab his hands and take them off his face, watching as Joonmyun’s eyelashes fluttered open, before leaning forwards and connecting their lips. Joonmyun happily responded, cupping his hand behind Yixing’s neck.

“You should give me a tour.” Joonmyun winked after they pulled apart, foreheads were resting together.

Yixing raised an eyebrow. “What, of my room?”

“Why not?”

“You’re so lame. Just look around.”

“Alright,” Joonmyun got off the bed, before walking to Yixing’s desk, trailing a finger across the surface before his gaze trailed upwards to the pinup board hanging in front. Whilst there were countless photos, it was clear a majority of them at least involved Baekhyun.

"How long have you and Baekhyun been friends?" he asked curiously, turning around.

"Since he was born."

That explained the level of protection that Baekhyun felt necessary.

"He's always been like the older one, though."

Joonmyun was more than glad to notice there was a few of them. The one Yixing's grandmother had taken the night of the dance, multiple pictures of them, as well as Chanyeol and Baekhyun and a few others, and some more recent photos.

 He couldn't help but be surprised, though.

"I'm on your board?"

Yixing looked at him like he was dumb.

"You do realise I kind of really like you as well and this isn't one-sided? It's why I agreed to date you."

Joonmyun blushed and turned around, letting his eyes trail to a picture of a child, with an adult either side. His face was spread into a grin, dimples seemingly taking up half of his face. "You look like them," he said, noticing the deep dimples set in Yixing's face had come from his father, whilst his height seemed to be a combination of the pair. The Yixing today looked like his father, but his eyes were those of his mother's.

"People say that a lot."

Joonmyun was slightly hoping Yixing would tell him what'd happened, but didn't want to ask nor push when Yixing signed nothing else. Joonmyun's eyes trailed around Yixing's room. It was partially what he'd expected, not minimalist yet not cluttered, yet held something he hadn't anticipated yet felt he should have. It was undeniably Yixing's room.      

Letting his eyes travel, they landed on an acoustic guitar, smiling before picking it up and handing it to Yixing. He took it with a resigned look, clearly knowing what Joonmyun wanted him to do.

"You should play for me."

"I can't play this, it's just for show."

"Bull!" Joonmyun laughed, eyeing the cared for but worn (as one could be due to use) surface.

"I've seen you play, with Baek."

"Well you better be ready to sing then."

"Well you better lay me down some thick beats."

Yixing curled over the guitar, body shaking in giggles.

“You are so embarrassing, oh my God."

"Well come on then," Joonmyun said, lips just slightly lifting at the corners. "What are you going to play?"

"Romantically. Block B. Down with that?"

"So down." Joonmyun winked, and Yixing shook his head with a smile as he begun to strum.

 

I’ll tell you so romantically.
Everything will work out if you are like me.
Just lean on me closing your eyes.
I see you in my dream every night.

We had known each other for some years.
You had nothing to do with me.
Why do you appear in my dream again and again?
I now want you so much.

I thought it was weird the infantile love song written on a diary.
Baby my mind is hot. I want to know you more.

Romantic-

 

Joonmyun faltered at P.O's rap as he tried to make his voice lower and gravelly, and Yixing stopped playing as he laughed, Joonmyun rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"I can't rap, okay. Leave that up to Chanyeol."

"He raps?"

"Too much," Joonmyun groaned, "He is good, though. I'll give him that."

"Well I think anyone could be better than you."

Joonmyun placed a hand over his heart, like he was in pain. "Ouch! My kokoro is brokoro!"

Yixing shoved him, "You'll live."

"Barely."

The Chinese rolled his eyes and pushed his guitar into Joonmyun's hands. "Can you play, then?"

 "No... I have a guitar but I... don't know how to play it."

"Oh come on, all singers can play guitar. It's law."

"What does that imply, then?"

"Just because all singers can play guitar, it doesn't mean that all guitarists can sing. I figured this out years ago."

"Tell me more," Joonmyun winked.

"Well, when I was a kid, let me tell you. Tone deaf."

"It can't have been that bad."

"Ask Baekhyun!"

"Like Baekhyun's opinion is any good."

"Don’t let him hear you say that."

Joonmyun poked his tongue out.

"I remember when his voice was cracking he'd get so frustrated he'd sign to me half the time."

It hit Joonmyun that he didn't know how long Yixing had been mute for. It also hit him that he didn't really know how to ask. How long had it been that Yixing had heard his own voice? As far as Joonmyun knew, Yixing still had full power over his vocals, he just didn't use them. He, taking the guitar back to its previous place, and trailing his fingers over the other's CD rack, before stopping at an artist he'd never seen, two albums in pristine condition and a language he couldn't quite read a lot of, before carefully pulling them out.

"Kimberly Chen?"

Yixing nodded. "Taiwanese, one of my favourites."

"May I?" Joonmyun asked. "Borrow them, I mean."

Yixing bit his lip.

I don't know whether you'll like them or not."

Joonmyun smiled, that stupid one that makes his eyes crinkle and Yixing's stomach do somersaults. "I'm sure I will, I like all sorts of music, and if you like it it's gotta be good."

Yixing couldn't give in to that smile, and found himself nodding. "I always feel like... When I talk again, I'll probably try to sing her but I won't remember Mandarin that well."

"How long?" Joonmyun asked, "I mean, since you..." He trailed off awkwardly, not really knowing how to ask the question, nor if it were okay to ask it.

Yixing wasn't phased at all. "Since I was ten," he answered immediately, as Joonmyun came back to sit on the bed with him. "It's for... Stupid reasons. I'll get over them eventually, but I can't expect you to bear with me."

"Hey," Joonmyun cut in, cupping his face. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not stupid," he pressed a quick kiss to Yixing's mouth, "And I don't have to bear with you, I knew well what I was getting into, and let me tell you I've never had a problem with it."

Yixing's lips lifted slightly.

"You. Are. Perfect." Joonmyun accentuated each word with a peck on his mouth, each longer than the last, and only at the last did Yixing kiss back, letting his hands rest on Joonmyun's thighs as Joonmyun's slid from his face to his shoulders.

Whilst there were many things Yixing really liked about Joonmyun, one thing he didn't like was how he was so careful.

I'm mute, not conservative, he found himself thinking as lifted on leg and turned so he was straddling Joonmyun's thighs, Joonmyun letting out a soft yelp as he was pushed down. Yixing smirked at Joonmyun's wide eyed expression, before leaning down and kissing him once more, biting down on Joonmyun's lower lip, and using the pleasured gasp as an opportunity to slip his tongue past his lips. Joonmyun let out soft whimpers as the Chinese explored his mouth, and he swallowed them willingly.

Yixing was taken off guard when Joonmyun flipped them over, and shuddered in pleasure as Joonmyun placed kisses all the way down his neck. He let out a light gasp as Joonmyun toyed with the skin at the bottom of his neck with his teeth, biting down hard and making the boy underneath him moan softly. Yixing had the audacity to feel embarrassed, but he was honest in saying any form of new contact with Joonmyun was his first, and after spending 17 years of his life under-stimulated, bar his hand, it was kind of a new thing.

He felt Joonmyun smirk against his skin and oh, the ing nerve.

But soon Yixing wasn't , instead laughing as Joonmyun's fingers dug into his sides.

"I made some brunch if you two want some," Yixing's grandmother chirped in from the door. "Which you better, because all that food is bad for my hips!"

Joonmyun laughed as Yixing squirmed beneath him.

"I’d love some, Ms Zhang!"

She cooed, "You two are so cute! Yixing, dear, are you okay though? You were a bit loud."

Ms Zhang winked at the pair before exiting the room, and Yixing paled as Joonmyun laughed once more. He only laughed harder as Yixing pushed him off, but the latter still took Joonmyun's extended hand to get off the bed once he’d stood up.

Joonmyun trailed his thumb over where he'd bitten, seemingly admiring his handiwork. "Looks good," he murmured, and Yixing whipped his body to the mirror, where he could see the impact of what Joonmyun had done.

Motherer.

"I hate you." he signed, walking ahead of Joonmyun.

"Oh come on, she totally knew!"

Yixing sent him the finger, before walking into his bathroom to try and hide the damage, shutting the door on his face as he tried to come in with him. However, his scowl turned into a smile as he took a closer look in the mirror.

Really, though. He at least had to try and be discreet in front of his grandmother.

 

 

image Authors Note image

//coughcoughbothwhipped

Sorry this was posted later than usual, exams and stuff ;;
I'm halfway there! The update should be earlier next week because my exams are on better days.

I hope you all enjoyed ^^ If you haven't listened to Romantically, or any of Kimberly Chen's songs I'm recommending them because they're really great okay.

It's definitely not a big thing where I am, but it is now Halloween in my timezone so happy Halloween if that's your thing ^^

As always, please leave comments/upvotes and/or subscribe if it takes your fancy, it really means a lot!

Tumblr | Twitter