Chapter One

I'll Whisper Love Into Your Ears (and hope that one day, you'll do the same)

Yixing flopped on the desk.

Two more minutes of class and then one more day and then nothing else, nothing else for two whole days oh ho ho the beauty. I can sit at home and watch dramas and it’ll be beautiful, but maybe I could just have a little nap right-

Baekhyun elbowed him sharply in the side, making him shoot up and send a glare.

you, he signaled towards the boy next to him.

Baekhyun sent him a heart in return.

After two of the most excruciating minutes of his life, he nearly fell out of his chair in attempt to get out of the classroom fast enough.

Goddamn teachers who insist on teaching up to the bell. Who do they think they are?

“Yixing!” Baekhyun called, grabbing his bag. “I have to talk to Mr Choi. I’ll meet you out there in a moment?”

Yixing nodded, before tailing it out the classroom and in to the halls. He wasn’t going to be in there any longer than he had to be, and he’d definitely overstayed his visit. A few seconds later, he heard the coughing of an awkward throat clear, and turned around to be faced (or chested, would be a better word) with tall guy, class clown, mood maker Park Chanyeol.

“Uhh, do you know how long Baekhyun will…” he trailed off.

Yixing smiled slightly, holding up two fingers as if to say two minutes, to which Chanyeol nodded and grinned.

“Thank you.”

Yixing smiled in response, and the two waited in the hallway, both for the same boy but different reasons. Obviously, Chanyeol knew Yixing’s reasons, and Yixing knew Chanyeol’s. The stares across the room weren’t that hard to notice.

Baekhyun walked out, smiling when he saw Yixing and curious when he saw the man next to him, the pair engaged in a thumb war.

Baekhyun cocked his head before smiling. “Chanyeol-ah, he’s free now,” he reslung his bag over his shoulder, and Yixing had to hold back a laugh because if anyone was oblivious it was Byun Baekhyun.

“Please, just Chanyeol, and- actually, I uh- I wanted to talk to you.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened slightly. “Me?”

Chanyeol looked at Yixing. He looked slightly uncomfortable, but it was common knowledge that if you wanted to tell Baekhyun something, Yixing would find it out too- so he didn’t have much of a choice for privacy, be it later or now. Yixing sent him a smile and a sly thumbs up, and Chanyeol looked back to Baekhyun.

“I was uh, wondering if uh-” he began to stutter, “I mean, if you haven’t already made plans for it- I mean, it’s late notice and you’ve probably already been asked- why wouldn’t you? And God knows why you’d say yes but I was wondering if you’d uh, want to go to the dance- with… me? Yeah, uh- with me.”

Baekhyun’s face lit up for a split second, before sinking to an expression of sadness, slightly strained.

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I wasn’t planning on going and-”

“Oh no no, it’s alright,” Chanyeol said, grimace replacing what should have been a very happy smile. “I understand.”

“Thank you for the offer though, really,” Baekhyun replied guiltily, looking down. “I’m really flattered.”

It was now Yixing realized what was happening, and why it was happening, that he sent a harsh shove to Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Ow!”

“ing go with him!” Yixing signed, rather violently. “I know you want to.”

“But I promised you…Baekhyun signed back.           

“Like I care about you breaking it! You can’t do this all the time, you make me feel like I control your life.” Yixing replied, hands moving vigorously, Baekhyun’s soon matching the pace of his own.

“Don’t say those things! Plus, I promised you and I already rejected him. I’m not going.”

“You absolute .”

Chanyeol watched the whole exchange with slightly wide eyes, not really comprehending what either were signing. In actual fact, the two were the only two that could use sign language in their year group, and when it came to Yixing, Baekhyun was often needed to translate at some point in the day. Not to say Yixing couldn’t cope on his own, but it sure made it a lot easier.

“Well I’m just uh, I’ll leave you guys to-”

Yixing shoved Baekhyun again.

“Say yes!”

Baekhyun turned and smiled at Chanyeol.

“I’m sorry, I forget how weird this must look to other people. I’m so sorry to – to say no, but thank you so much.”

“It’s- it’s okay.” Chanyeol tried to reply happily, though it was slow and he was nothing but dejected. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow?”

Baekhyun said good bye, and Chanyeol walked off.

Yixing shoved him once again, and Baekhyun could almost hear him yelling, “You idiot!”

Almost.

 

Half an hour later, as they lay on Yixing’s bed, it was still pretty obvious that the Chinese was mad.

“Stop it~” Baekhyun pouted, nudging the other’s shoulder slightly.

“You are ing ridiculous.”

“I promised you that we’d have a movie night!”

“If we didn’t get dates! You got a date, promise over.”

“Yeah, but what about you?”

“I don’t care, I’m perfectly capable of being alone.”

“But I’d feel bad if I went, I promised you.”

Yixing sat up, looking very serious.

“Please, don’t make me feel bad either, I know you like Chanyeol and I know that you want to go with him. I don’t care, you should have said yes.”

“Well that doesn’t make much of a difference now,” Baekhyun frowned, “I already rejected him.”

“Yeah, stupid.”

 

image

 

Yixing decided to send notes to Chanyeol the next chemistry period they had.

I’m sorry Baekhyun is such an idiot.
-Yixing

Don’t apologize! He was just being nice to me, I didn’t think he’d say yes.
-Chanyeol

No, he really does want to go with you, trust me.
-Yixing

Baekhyun elbowed Yixing particularly hard once he noticed, Yixing just grinned.

Don’t just say that >.<
Why would he, anyway?
-Chanyeol

Because he really likes you
Sorry, I’ll tell Yixing to stop bothering you now ^-^
-Baekhyun

Yixing glared at the boy, who turned smugly back to the board.

I think someone’s going to ask you actually, Yixing.
~Chanyeol

Yixing raised an eyebrow as if to ask who, and Chanyeol just grinned, the Chinese shrugging it off before attempting to pay attention to the teacher. He didn’t notice the nervous looks he was getting from the boy sitting next to Chanyeol, nor the laughter the latter was trying to hold back from his embarrassment.

                                        

Yixing positively hated teachers that kept teaching after the bell had gone.

He especially hated it when they kept teaching into first break.

Seriously, do you realize no one is listening to you?

“Class dismissed.”

Praise the lord! These brownies aint gon’ eat themselves.

Yixing, like all the other students in the room, was up and out of his seat in an instant, and through the noise, he didn’t hear the calling of his name until he was in the hall.

“Yixing-ssi!” the call to his name was rather loud, the person that it coming from looking rather sheepish.

Yixing turned around to face him.

Kim Joonmyun- they had a few classes together. Yixing knew he was good friends with Chanyeol and on relatively good terms with Baekhyun. Handsome, kind and funny, with a voice that not many could deny was breathtaking, Joonmyun had always been friendly to Yixing, and someone he knew he could be good friends with- but it was hard for Yixing to get close to people when they couldn’t understand his hand movements. It came as a shock that he would talk to him.

“There was uh, something I wanted to ask you.”

Yixing looked around for Baekhyun.

“No, it’s okay- don’t, I think it’ll be okay.”

Yixing looked at him confused, before something caught his attention. They were the shaky movements of Joonmyun’s hands. Unsure, but well-practiced in what they were signing.

“Will you go to the dance with me?”

Yixing stared, in shock but blank faced.

Joonmyun’s face turned from nervousness to concern. “Oh God, was it really that bad? I’m sorry, I just-“

Yixing snapped out of his haze, shaking his head furiously. Biting his lip, he grabbed Joonmyun’s arm to calm him, and nodded slightly.

“You’ll go with me?”

Yixing nodded, a smile tugging the corner of his lips.

“Seriously?”

Yixing rolled his eyes slightly and nodded again, and Joonmyun’s face spread into a smile brighter than he’d ever seen before.

“Great, uh-”

Yixing took a strange sort of delight in the way Joonmyun was flustered, it was something he’d never seen on the other- let alone anyone ever speaking to him.

 “So can I uh, get your number or… Or something? So I can message you details and stuff. I’ll pick you up, but I don’t know your address?”

Yixing nodded, and no sooner was Joonmyun’s phone in his hands, typing the number. He gave it back with a smile, and when the two waved good bye, Baekhyun turned up beside the Chinese, looking at him curiously.

“What was that all about?”

“Look who just got a date for the dance?”

“With Kim Joonmyun?”

“No , he just asked me.”

“You barely even know him!”

Yixing sighed, “So? He’s always been nice to me, and he’s attractive! I might as well take this chance, who knows if one’ll ever come around again?”

“Don’t say stupid things like that.”

“I’m not being stupid, stupid. I’m being realistic.”

Baekhyun huffed, knowing that was an argument he did not want to get into and dropping it. “So you’re ditching me?”

“No, you’re going to go talk to Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun sighed, but secretly there was a tiny, tiny (okay, maybe not so tiny) part in his heart that made him feel glad. Or at least he would be, after he had a chat to the one who’d asked his best friend.

 

“I swear to God, Kim Joonmyun. If you’re playing, if you even think you’re ever going to hurt him, I will reach into your throat and pull out your vocal cords, and you will never be able to make come out of it again. Whilst I’m there, I’ll pull off your goddamn balls so there’s nothing decent left in your goddamn life.”

Joonmyun stared at Baekhyun, who’d backed him up into a wall, wide eyed.

“Why would I-“

“Just don’t, ing, do it.” the younger growled, “He’s had enough in his life, if you don’t plan on being with him for the rest of it then quit now.” Baekhyun didn’t give Joonmyun the time to react before he walked away, and the latter leant against the wall, exhaling.

Safe to say, that was one person he doesn’t want to get on the bad side of.

 

image

 

From: Joonmyun
You looked really nice today.

Yixing smiled, face scrunching up in glee.

From: Joonmyun
I mean, you always look nice, though.

Baekhyun side eyed him as he kicked his legs and covered his face.

"What's got you so excited?"

Defensively, Yixing pulled his phone to his chest and shook his head, and Baekhyun took that as his cue for an all-out battle for Yixing's phone, launching himself on to him. After a short struggle, Baekhyun managed to claw the phone out of his fingers and roll to the opposite end of the bed, holding it away as Yixing tried to reclaim what was his.

"Oh my God, I think I'm going to throw up."

Yixing shoved him as Baekhyun tried to type a response, pushing him off the bed and making Baekhyun make a loud oof as he hit the ground.

" you," Baekhyun whined, not getting up from the floor, instead resulting to lay face down, "After what I did for you."

Yixing rolled his eyes, but they widened upon seeing what Baekhyun sent.

Why didn't you say it to my face, then?

Baekhyun begun to laugh, and Yixing kicked him in response. However, he only laughed harder when Yixing's phone went off, signaling that he'd got a text.

From: Kim Joonmyun
Shy ><

To: Kim Joonmyun
I'm so sorry, that was Baekhyun, I promise!

From: Kim Joonmyun
I embarrassed myself for nothing ;;

To: Kim Joonmyun
Don't worry about it ^^ you always look handsome :)

 

"What's got you smiling?" Mrs Kim asked her son, who was currently looking down at his phone, biting his lip to stop his mouth spreading into a grin.

He simply shook his head in response, typing in a reply.

 

From: Kim Joonmyun
You’re always more handsome, though.

Baekhyun was off the floor, and plucking the phone out of Yixing's hand.

"You guys are gross, and you're not even dating." he grumbled, fingers tapping the screen before placing it in his back pocket.

 

From: Zhang Yixing
Yo, it's Baekhyun. This conversation is going to make me throw up so I'm ending it now.
Later tater (y)

 

Joonmyun just laughed, tucking his phone into his pocket and admittedly not being able to cut down the smile that had spread across his face.

 

"Dammit Baekhyun!" Yixing signed, before kicking him off the bed.

"One day you're gonna regret all the times you've injured me."

"I would never."

"Do you even like him?"

Yixing looked down, a shy smile setting his face.

"I don't... know," he signed in such a way that as if he were sleeping he'd be having difficulty with words. "I've never really thought of being in this situation but... It's nice. He's nice to me."

Baekhyun pulled a face, and Yixing laughed.

"Hey, what about you and Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun bit his lip, and Yixing looked scandalized.

”It's in a week, Baek! Ask him!"

"I can't just tell him that I take back what I said!"

"Yes you can!"

Baekhyun put his head in his hands.

"I hate you, saying yes to Kim Joonmyun."

"Don't bring my decisions into this. We said if either of us were asked we'd ditch the plans. It's just because you rejected him."

"Yeah, I did, and now I can't take it back."

"Yes you can! He hasn't been staring at you in class any less than he did before."

"I can't-"

"Please, Baek. Do something for yourself for once."

"I'm not-"

"Don't make me regret saying yes to Joonmyun, please. I really don't want to."

Baekhyun sighed, the pleading look in Yixing's eyes too much to handle. "Okay, fine. I'll ask."

Yixing smiled, and Baekhyun couldn't bring himself to regret his decisions. Not that he would have, anyway.

 

 

 

image Authors Note image

Yay, chapter one! Sorry this took longer to upload then I'd hoped, school started today and I had a lot to do before.
I still have a lot to do now but I wanted to get this out or else it wouldn't be out until the end of the week. 

Thank you to everyone that commented and subscribed just from the foreword! It may not be a lot to a lot of people on here but over 60 subs
in 24 hours is something I haven't achieved before, so seriously, thank you.
Also those that upvoted!!? Like what!!? Crazy omg. Thank you.

As always, feel free to leave comments (it's appreciated lol) and upvotes and subscriptions are always welcome.
I'm free to contact always on here, Tumblr and Twitter :))

Stay cool, guys ;)