chapter three

Ω.mega - the last stand // story start!
it's like a dream
CHAPTER THREE
 
kim juyeong's pov
​december 15th, 2015, 9:15am
sbs broadcasting center, yangcheon-gu, seoul
twiddling my thumbs in a waiting room with two fuming women was proving to be quite the bore, so i decided to stretch my legs a bit, with the promise i'd be back in our waiting room by 10:30 to get fitted for stage outfits or whatever.
after passing a couple of rookie groups in the hallway, i was wandering around trying to find a vending machine or some food (the idol diet did not apply to me anymore, thank god, but jyp wanted me to stay slim so binge-eating while watching korean dramas was out) when i heard the sound of pounding footprints approaching from down the hallway.
"pabo noonaaaaaaaaaa!"
"jeezus christ, jongin, don't ing do that!" i screamed as jongin literally swept me off my feet. oh god, the spawn of satan had arrived.
"language, pabo noona, there are little children present," jongin chided, motioning to some small kids peering out from behind the corner.
"like that's ever stopped you before..." i grumbled in english. the three shorties all blinked before snickering a bit, stopping immediately as jongin gave them all the evil eye.
"ahh, so you guys all speak english, huh?" i said, wiggling my eyebrows playfully. "i'm juliette, the cousin of this spawn of satan. what're your names?"
"i'm johnny," the tallest (and i assumed oldest) boy said as the two younger kids doubled over with laughter. "you're from... california?"
"yeah, l.a. to be exact," i said. "and you're from... chicago. the accent gives it away."
"spot on, impressive," johnny said, smiling.
"i'm mark," the smaller boy piped up. "born in new york, but i moved to canada when i was young."
"and i'm hyein," the little girl said in the most adorable accent ever. "from manchester, england."
"your accent is adorable," i squealed as she blushed.
"ok, you english speakers had your reunion," jongin said, obviously a little pissed that he couldn't understand what we were saying.
"always grumpy, this one," i said, grinning as the three of them laughed before turning to jongin. "so, what brings you here?"
"ahh, the good older brother is showing the rookies the ropes before they perform tonight," jongin said. "plus, the rest of exo is here, we've got a performance tonight. you?"
"oh, you know me, i heard you were here so i just had to show up to kick your in a dance off," i said, smirking.
"pfft, yeah, right," jongin scoffed, crossing his arms.
"no, no, it's true," i said. "actually, kyungsoo called me up, he said you've been losing your touch, and that i needed to get down here, show you how it's done."
"he did not do that!" jongin said. "your probably here for got7 or twice or day6 or something, to make sure they don't screw up their special event choreography."
"while that is very true, and i should probably get on their asses about that, that is not the only reason. oh, i'm a choreographer at jyp, by the way," i said, directing my last statement to the little ones, who all nodded, before continuing to mock my cousin. "didn't the hoards of screaming fans outside the building give you any clue?"
"... you're joking, right?" jongin said. "like, you are honest-to-god joking. there is no way you guys are performing."
"well, i dunno about yifei and narae, since they apparently still hate each others guts, but yeah, we're pulling it together," i said. "Ω.mega is back, . well, just for this one performance, because i still can't sing for , and there would be no way we could 'get the band back together', but yeah."
"holy... you're juyeong? like, kim juyeong, main dancer of Ω.mega?!"
the two of us stopped bickering to look at the three young rookies, all of whom were slack jawed and staring at me.
"um... yes?" i said.
"oh. my. god." hyein said. "it's really you! ohmygod, i love Ω.mega, your debut was amazing!"
"aww, thanks, honey," i said, ruffling her hair.
"no, seriously, your debut was just... amazing," johnny said. "the concept, the song, the choreography..."
"aha! it, narae, these kids say my choreography was amazing!" i said, fist pumping. "thanks, mom, all the good dancing genes went to me and not jongin."
"who is your mom?" mark said, apparently recovered from the 'a former Ω.mega member is standing before me' shock.
"ehh, you probably know her, mommy baohe?" i said. "choreographer at sm?"
"your mom is baohe-sunbae?!" the three of them screamed.
"yep, now you know why i'm so much of a better dancer than jongin," i said as jongin grumbled to himself.
"waitwaitwait, how do you three know about her?" jongin demanded. "wasn't she, like, before your time?"
"you debuted around the same time, jongin-sunbae, and you aren't before our time," johnny pointed out. "plus, their debut got so much hype, everyone was talking about it, even at sm."
"yeah, red velvet's joohyun-unnie was still a trainee then, and she's good friends with narae, she couldn't stop talking about you guys," hyein said. "amber-sunbae too."
"aww, i'm flattered," i said, batting my eyelashes as jongin groaned.
"what was it like?" mark said. "i mean, we're all still pre-debut, so we don't have our own songs or choreography yet..."
"oh, it was awesome," i said. "we were all complete wrecks before going onstage, but we nailed it, of course. completely worth years of hard work and training. it was here, actually, sbs inkigayo, three years ago..."
 
 
zhang yifei's pov
​february 7th, 2012, 2:30pm
sbs broadcasting center, yangcheon-gu, seoul
"paranbul urin gidaryeo weon... oh god, i don't know if i'll be able to hit it."
"hey, hey," narae said, coming up behind our maknae, who hadn't stopped examining herself in the mirror, singing softly to herself the entire time. "you can do this, ok? you nailed it in rehearsal yesterday, this is no different."
"ok..." hana said, bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet. "i can do this..."
"of course you can," seri said from her spot in the stylist's chair. she didn't dare move, out of fear she might get stabbed with the makeup artist's brush or something, but she could get her makeup done and comfort our maknae at the same time, which was rather impressive. "you're hana, maknae of Ω.mega, and you're easily the best singer here. if anyone can hit this note, you can."
"yeah, imagine if i tried to hit that note," juyeong said as she munched on a chicken wing while a stylist did her tie (where on earth did she get that and how in god's name did she manage to hide that from mimi). "we'd be famous alright - famous for a hilariously bad high note."
"or me?" i said, smiling. "i might crack the glass."
"yeah, you're basically the best singer here," narae laughed. "you'll be fine."
"five minutes, girls," mimi, our manager, said as she poked her head through the door. "say what you want to say now, because there's going to be no time once we head towards- juyeong is that a chicken wing give that to me right now."
"group hug!" juyeong said, pouting slightly as she watched her food disappear into the trash can. the five of us grouped in the middle of our tiny dressing room, hugging each other for dear life. no one spoke. i could feel seri shaking next to me, hana nearly hyperventilating on my right.
"i... i am iseul."
the rest of us looked up at seri, who took a deep, shaky breath before continuing.
"i am iseul, Ω.mega's dreaming winter, and lead dancer and sub-vocalist of the group. i wrote and produced red light, and i'll continue to make you all proud."
"i'm juliette!" juyeong said, immediately catching on. "i'm Ω.mega's vivacious stepper, and main dancer and sub-rapper of the group. i choreographed red light, and i'll keep choreographing dances that you'll enjoy."
"i am cece," i said, a smile growing on my face. "i am Ω.mega's radio rebel, and lead vocalist and sub-rapper of the group. i am the face of the group, and i'll continue to bring a strong, bright image to Ω.mega."
"i'm hana," hana said, no longer hyperventilating. "i'm Ω.mega's serene flower, and main vocalist and sub-dancer of the group. i'm in charge of all of the high notes, and i'll make everyone proud as the maknae of Ω.mega."
the five of us squeezed each other tighter, no longer nervous about our debut stage. we all looked towards narae, a huge smile on all of our faces.
"i am naryn," narae said, smiling proudly at all of us. "Ω.mega's alluring charmer. i'm Ω.mega's main rapper and sub-vocalist, and as the leader of this group, i'm going to do everything in my power to make sure this group rises to greatness."
 
author's note: when kai gets outshone by his cousin lol. (that was so much fun to write)
if you haven't guessed, bold is english, not bold is korean. whoooooo recognizes the sm rookies?
so yeah, lmk what y'all think. sorry for lack of updates, i just moved into my new college dorm so i've been trying to get settled!