chapter one

Ω.mega - the last stand // story start!
the beginning of the end
CHAPTER ONE
 
jung seri's pov
​december 15th, 2015, 8:45am
sbs broadcasting center, yangcheon-gu, seoul
"heol, unnie, look at all of these babies..." i said, nodding my head towards yet another rookie group who stopped, gasped, and bowed deeply as i walked past them. "i swear, our biggest competition three years ago was aoa, b.a.p, and exo, and now there are rookie groups debuting left and right."
"more groups means you'll be in higher demand," kyumi, my manager unnie, chuckled as we rounded the corner. "you have to admit, the royalties you got from 'sweet girl' were certainly nice, and 'remember' did get apink a first place win on music bank."
"true..." i said, passing yet another rookie group who seemed to worship the ground i walked on. "but they all treat me like i'm so nyeo shi dae or something."
"honey, it's been two years and you still aren't used to this?" kyumi laughed. "you've got at least a half dozen chart toppers under your belt and you have idol training. these little ones probably want you to write them a song and make them the next big thing."
"i know, i know..." i muttered. "but i just can't pop out a chart topper whenever i feel like it, these things take time..."
"and i'm sure they know that," kyumi said. "but you can't blame them, they all want to reach the top. you did too, at one point in time."
"yeah, don't remind me," i mumbled as we reached the door that said 'Ω.mega' on the front. "i just hope this will go better than thursday... i do not want to get in the middle of another screaming contest."
kyumi opened the door, and i was immediately hit with the smell of hairspray and the sound of blow dryers, coordi noonas, and sbs staff bustling around. bowing as i entered, i scanned the room, seeing my former groupmates scattered around; juyeong was currently getting her makeup done, narae was getting her hair done, and hana was sitting on the side, reading quietly. yifei was nowhere to be seen.
"ah, unnie, nice to see you," hana said, smiling up at me. "please, sit."
"thanks, hana," i said, taking a seat beside her. calm and serene, hana never acted like your typical maknae (hell, she often acted older than me), and to be perfectly honest, she was the person i liked most in the group. it was good to see she hadn't changed. "how have you been? i watched your drama, the producers, and your movie, perfect proposal, you've been doing a really great job in the acting world."
"ah, thank you!" hana said, blushing. "but you've been successful yourself, unnie, a lot of your songs have been doing well on the charts. you should be really proud of yourself."
"aww, thanks, hana," i said, ruffling her hair gently. "looks like we've both been doing pretty well, huh?"
hana opened to reply, but was quickly cut off as the door to our dressing room slammed open. we all jumped a little in our seats as a very angry yifei stormed in. shooting a death glare at narae, who chose to ignore her, she planted herself in one of the open stylist chairs.
"heol... what happened?" i whispered to hana.
"i'm not entirely sure..." hana said, looking between the two of them. "they were screaming at each other when i got here, and yifei stormed out after a little while. i'm not sure what they were fighting about..."
"jeez..." i sighed. "just like old times, huh?"
"near the end of our nine months? sure, those two fought all the time," hana sighed, flipping through her book. "but there was a time when we were all friends, remember? we told ourselves we were gonna make it to the top or die trying."
"yeah, i remember that," i said, tapping my chin thoughtfully. "i'm surprised you remember that, we made that vow pre-debut."
"i dunno, it's not something i'd easily forget," hana shrugged, returning to her book.
"those were the days..."
"they sure were."
 
 
joo narae's pov
​january 27th, 2012, 1:30am
j.tune practice room, gangnam-gu, seoul
"hey, everyone, gather 'round," i said, taking a seat on the floor after we ran red light for what seemed to be the hundredth time.
"are we stopping for the night? because i can quite literally feel every muscle in my body crying," juyeong said, collapsing in a pile on the floor.
"yeah, yeah, we're done, but i wanna say something before we all go so shut up and listen," i said, waiting for the other three girls to sit before continuing.
"anyways, our debut is in two weeks, and as your leader, i wanted to say something before we become officially debuted artists," i said.
"WHOOOOO, SPEECH!" juyeong screeched, immediately sitting up.
"shut up, juyeong," yifei laughed, pushing her over. "go on, narae."
"as i was saying," i continued. "we debut in two weeks, and we've got some stiff competition and we know it. those two rookie groups, exo and b.a.p, already have a crapton of fans, and we're coming from a smaller company with not that much support."
"wow, way to be a downer, unnie," seri said. "i'm sure the mblaq sunbaes would love to hear how they're from a 'smaller company'."
"WHAT I'M GETTING AT HERE," i said, yelling over seri. "is that the competition is going to be tough. there are hard times ahead. who knows, we may never get out of nugu-dom, and that's a reality for a lot of groups, we all know it."
the other four girls nodded solemnly, being dead serious for once in their life.
"but," i said. "as of right now, we are a group. we are Ω.mega. we are sisters. and no matter what happens, we're going to stick together, whether it be through nugu-dom or stardom. i promise you, i'll do everything in my power to make sure we're always a family, no matter what happens. we'll always be there for each other, promise?"
hana stuck her hand out, and the rest of us followed, stacking them on top of each other. we all looked at each other, about to embark on this new chapter in our lives.
"promise!"
 
author's note: so, without further ado, Ω.mega is finally underway! thank you for being patient <3
the two minx gifs above are my own creation (gif making is going to come extremely in handy), and let me know what you think about where the direction of this story is going! :)