Agree To The Second Offer

Against The Limits

Wednesday was no different than Tuesday, same routine but different timing. Shion wasn't feeling tired at all today, she didn't sleep early yesterday night because her first class starts at 12 pm, but she didn't sleep that late either, let's say she had 10 hours of good sleep.

 
 

She was walking in a different corridor today to get to her first class, it was empty and quiet until she heard some familiar voices suddenly filling the whole corridor. She wasn't surprised to see Mr.Park with the two usual girls, but she didn't know how the hell she forgot about his other class in this corridor. She could now see them standing next to his first class ahead of her, she tried her best to act invisible by slowly and quietly walking, until Jimin caught the sight of her from the corner of his eyes. Shion pretended she didn't notice him and kept looking straight when she felt he already saw her.

 

Jimin excused himself once again and walked up to Shion, she immediately stopped when he stood in front of her, her eyes were wide as if she wasn't expecting him to stand in her way. 'Good morning, Shion'. He simply said while giving her a bright smile. She looked at him with a clueless face until he waved his hand in front of her face.

 

'Oh! Yeah, good morning to you too, Mr. Park'. She said when she realized she was spacing out, she sounded kinda unsure of what she has said, but there was a little of cheerfulness in her voice. 'You look better today, does that mean you slept better and now you're feeling better?'. He asked her as he noticed her semi bright face today. 'Umm yeah, I slept good last night but not that early though'. She answered while slightly scratching the back of her head and a smile found it's way to her face.

 

'I'm glad you're feel better today, Shion. So, where are you heading?'. He asked her as he slipped his hands into his pockets. 'To my first class of the day, it's banking if you're wondering'. Jimin slowly stood next to her after hearing her. 'Okay then, shall I walk you to your first class?'. She looked at him confused with what he just said, she could hear the two girls mumbling something like 'He never treated us this way! I'm so jealous of her! Who is she anyway?!'. Then she finally understood what he just offered her.

 

'Ahhh ..... no thanks, Mr. P-Park....! I appreciate the offer but I-I prefer w-walking a-alone...!'. She quickly walked ahead of him when she felt nervous again, leaving behind a confused teacher.

 
 

For the first time in a long time, she felt like learning something today. She paid close attention to every lesson she had, did some individual activities whenever the teachers said so, and surprisingly, she didn't feel tired or sleepy at all, she felt energetic and fresh.

 

In her third class, she looked out the windows when the lesson ended, only a few minutes left till her last class start, which is math of course. She kept thinking of Mr. Park, and how she has to deal with his presence that makes her feel uncomfortable again. She didn't understand what is it about him that makes her feel this way every time he talks to her or even look at her, it was all too odd for her to feel, specially since it's the first time someone actually tried to start a normal conversation with her in her college years.

 
 

Shion slowly started walking to her last class as if she doesn't intend to reach in time. She could now see the classroom's door as her steps got slower and heavier than before. She walked in the class and fortunately, it was empty. She stood in the middle of the classroom and scanned all of the seats, still surprised by the unusual emptiness. She checked the time on her watch again and assumed that the other students weren't done with their lessons, or the timing on her watch is wrong and she's simply early.

 

'Shion?'. She quickly turned her head towards the familiar voice and her heart slightly jumped when she saw Jimin standing a meter far from her. 'Umm ... yeah?'. That was the only think that popped into her mind at that moment. 'Y-You're early .... Even earlier than me I guess...'. He gave her an awkward smile as he walked towards the table to put down his stuff. 'Umm ..... yeah, I noticed'. She went to her table and sat down while trying not to feel strained, she took her phone and started playing some game to avoid unnecessary conversation.

 
 

the atmosphere was awkward and too quiet for Jimin to handle, so he decided to just cut the heavy silence. He slowly approached Shion and leaned on the table before her, she didn't seem to hear his quiet footsteps nor did she notices his leaning figure before her, she was just too focused on her game that seemed too hard for her to beat at the moment.

 

'Seems like you're having a hard time trying to beat that monster, huh?'. He commented when he peeked at her phone. 'Yeah! This bastard is just too tough to be killed easily. Can't you just DIE ALREADY!!!'. She almost shouted at her phone when she got killed again, for the third time. She sighed heavily and put down her phone, just trying to calm herself down while closing her eyes.

 

She finally realized that Mr. Park is the one who spoke to her a minute ago, she opened her eyes and found him sitting on the seat before her, waiting for her to calm down. 'So, did you finally accept yourself as the unexperienced player who got killed three time without even laying a finger on "that bastard"?. She looked at him with a blank expression, still unable to comprehend his words because of her late realization of the current situation.

 

Jimin noticed her expressionless face that caused him some confusion, he moved closer to her desk and placed his hand on her shoulder. Shion's body shook a little when she finally came back to reality, she looked at his concerned face then recalled what has just happened, then turned her gaze to see his light hand.

'is there something wrong? You looked really blank a second ago'. She quickly tried to seem normal after hearing him saying those worried words. 'Umm ...... yeah, i was just spacing out again, don't worry!'. She instantly gave him a cheeky smile, trying to sound cheerful.

 

He stared at her smiling face and how bright and cute she looks whenever a smile crosses her pretty face. 'Oh good, because I thought you were hurt by the comment I gave you a minute ago ....'. She thought about his comment then realized he was hinting that she is a bad player.

 

'Oh wait, so what did you mean by your comment from earlier? Are you saying that I'm a failure who doesn't know how to beat a high level monster in a really tough game?'. She asked him with her arms crossed and raised eyebrows. 'Well obviously, you don't deserve being called a player. That monster could've been dead in a mere of seconds if you just found it's weaknesses'. Jimin gestured her to give him her phone. She rolled her eyes and sighed then handed him the phone.

 

He stood up and sat on her table without her permission, she backed off a bit when she felt like he's invading her personal bubble. He looked at her before starting the game, her eyes were fixed on her phone like they were forced to. 'You know, you don't have to feel like you can't trust me. I'm only sitting next to you, not harassing you or something'. She slowly met his eyes, unsure of how to reply to him because he's right, he wouldn't do anything to her since he's her teacher who wouldn't dare to hurt her in any way because he might lose his first precious job.

 

'Okay then, can you start the game already? The other students will arrive soon you know'. He started the game with a straight face, trying to find the weaknesses of the monster. He smirked when he found an obvious weakness on its neck after 10 seconds of examining the monster. Shion watched with wide eyes as he quickly eliminated the moster in less than a minute.

 
 

He turned his head to face her, but she was still staring at the phone in a complete shock even after he already finished the monster. He chuckled before he handed her the phone but she looked at him with wide eyes, still not believing he actually won within 40 seconds. 'Are you kidding me? You have to teach me how did you beat it this fast! Are you even aware of the total shock I'm in right now, that was awesome, Mr. Park! '. She literally fangirled on him while he just simply laughed at her for being so amazed by his skills.

 

'Okay okay, calm down a bit, Shion. I told you I can do it in less than a minute. I'll teach you how to win easily, but you have to do me a favor later, deal?'. He waited for her to agree with what he just said, but she was far too confused about it. 'Wait, what kind of favor are you gonna ask me to do?' She gave him a suspicious look when she deeply thought about it.

 

'Wow no, don't get it the wrong way. It's just a simple favor that might help us both in two matters'. Jimin calmly explained what he actually meant by the favor, he really did hope that she would agree to it after the lesson. Shion nodded as she thought it actually wasn't a big deal anymore, what could the favor be anyway?

 
 

Jimin started the game again but he played it in a slow pace while he showed Shion every kind of techniques she can use against the monster, and how she can find its weaknesses easily. Shion focused on the phone with furrowed eyebrows, trying to catch all of the movements and attacks Jimin is applying on the monster. The other student were slowly arriving in the classroom, looking at the two in a weird way as they thought about yesterday's incident and how they look like friends today.

 

both of them didn't noticed that all of the students have arrived and some are staring at them, assuming that they're in some kinda weird relationship. Shion tried to beat the monster but she always ended up failing over and over again. Jimin would just for being too unexperienced and she would just hit him on his arm for making her feel like a loser.

after failing five times in a row, she finally won when she tried everything she could remember from techniques to attacks. Jimin laughed at her reaction when she won, she looked so happy and surprised and she kept on fangirling on him again. 'Its all because of me you won, so now you have to call me Master Park instead of Mr. Park'. She let out a sarcastic laugh. 'That will never happen. But .... I'll only say one thing to you'. He looked at her with a pout, thinking about what she's going to say next.

 

'Thank you, Mr. Park. I ... just ... really ... Umm ... never mind. But really, thank you'. She shyly smiled at him as she locked their eyes. He felt like his heart just soften as a bit of warmth was spilled on his chest, he smiled at her softly when he noticed the bit of shyness on her smile. They stared at each other silently, admiring each other's soft eyes and the tingling feeling in their chests. They both didn't want to break the gentle stare they both shared, even the other students were looking at them suspiciously.

 

Jimin's phone vibrated in his pocket, alarming him that it's 4 o'clock and he have to start the lesson. He sighed before tearing his eyes away from hers, then pulled out his phone to stop the alarm, and went back to his table to start the lesson.

 
 

during the lesson, Shion paid close attention to the lesson, realizing how much she really didn't know about math. She felt lost and confused but she tried to understand some stuff. Jimin tried not to look at her every now and then, but he couldn't since she's paying attention to the lesson which means she's currently facing him. Every time their eyes meet, he tries his best not to stare hard or else the other students might notice and it would make Shion feel uncomfortable again.

 
 

when the lesson finally ended, Jimin waited for the class to be empty so he can have a moment with Shion. Shion picked up her things and held them against her chest as she was walking across the classroom. 'Kim Shion, i wanna have a moment with you'. She heard her teacher from behind calling her when she was about to leave the classroom. 'Yes?'. She turned around and faced him. 'About the favor, i was thinking about it since yesterday and finally came into conclusion'. He walked towards the door and leaned on it, still looking at her from a short distance.

 

'It's about your grades, you're the one with the lowest grades in math, I honestly don't want you to fail my class. If you're willing to agree to the offer I'm about to give you, then you'll be doing us both a favor'. She didn't waste anytime to even think about it. 'You want to tutor me after my classes tomorrow, right?'. She raised a eyebrow as a small smile was curving her lips. He nodded as she hit the right answer within 3 seconds, still acting cool while he slipped his hands into his pockets.

 

'Such a smart student, Kim Shion, but not just tomorrow, Friday is included as well. So, what do you say? You better agree since you rejected my first offer 5 hours ago, even though i meant no harm'. He smirked as he tried to play some silly tricks on her. 'I don't see anything wrong with it so yeah, i agree. Plus, i don't want to repeat a class with an arrogant teacher, because that would cause my death from only your low presence next to me'. She tried to sound rude when she felt he's going to play with her again.

 

He walked towards her while his smirk is still plastered on his now close face. She didn't try to back off because he would still lean in closer to her face, and she wanted to show him that she's not vulnerable. He tilted his head as he got closer by the seconds. 'Don't pretend you didn't enjoy my presence around you today, you're not that hard to read you know'. He whispered those words in a deep and husky voice before blowing some hot air on her neck. She almost gasped as his hot breath caught her sensitive neck, making her heart beat harder than before. She gulped down hard when she tried to speak again.

 

'the only thing I enjoy about your presence is that it makes me feel like I'm surrounded by a friend of mine. But now, it makes me feel intimidated by your ty attitude towards me'. She said it in a confident tone but the sad truth still effected it. He backed off just enough to look at her, her eyes were showing a strong look, but he could still sense the bit of sadness within them.

 

their faces were still close, close enough to feel her sigh on his lips, he wanted to just apologize but he couldn't, her words made him feel like a jerk. 'Well, guess what? I also get hurt by you but something about you makes me wanna know you better not just as a student, but also as a friend. But I guess I just at making friends'. She noticed how his voice suddenly changed into a serious low tone, his eyes were still staring closely at hers with a truthful look.

 
 

He got out of her way to sit on a table behind her, looking at the wall in front of him. She glanced at him before leaving the classroom, she wanted to just go and confess to him that she likes it when he's around her and she never wanted anything more than a person like him, or at least a friend. She stopped to lean on a wall when she suddenly felt heavy, her eyes were slowly getting watery because she just felt upset all of a sudden. She shook her head twice and blinked many times to stop the tears from falling, then continued walking to the exit of the building.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Soooo, here you go. The second chapter! It's kinda dramatic in the end and a bit long too. But the next chapter is slightly better, or at least that's what I think...... hehe.
 
\@_@/