Hot Chocolate

Against The Limits

This chapter's title might seem cute or interesting but it's honestly just plain and typical ..... so don't expect much from it.

 

---

 
 

Waking up at 8 am on Tuesday with a sore throat wasn't how Shion wanted to start her morning. On top of that, Getting off bed wasn't an easy thing since her body felt weak and tired.

 

She wrapped herself with the blanket again and hugged her frog plushie tightly, the room was so cold it literally froze her. She opened her eyes a little and wow, the air conditioner is , how wonderful.

 

Her powerless body couldn't handle standing up or even calling out for her mom. Oh well, she can still text her to report her sickness and the torture she was going through from the fridge she was living in.

 
 

After 15 minutes of sending a message to her mother with only 10 words that also included a sad face, she received an approval from her to skip all of her classes.

 

She wanted to dance from happiness but that would break all of her bones, so she just weakly squeezed her plushie.

 

She closed her eyes to fall asleep again, thinking about drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows on top while being wrapped up by soft blankets. Oh how she wanted to be an old lady already.

-

 

But that wasn't the only thing that she had in mind. A certain someone was disturbing her sleep yesterday, and that person never left her crowded head for a minute.

 

She was still thinking about him even though her thoughts weren't clear enough, she just wanted to arrange them but the missing pieces were nowhere to be found in her blurry mind.

 

It was almost vexatious, yet incoherent at once. Feelings were also included in the process of finding the matching colors to her uncompleted thoughts. Her heart couldn't help but to be a part of the plan, leading her to different directions but soon ended up in square one.

 
 

It felt like she has been lost in an endless maze, hopelessly running around in circles, her feet searched for the right road, following the footprints of somebody but they somehow faded along the way.

 

Signs were placed on every corner but none of them made any sense. She didn't want to find the exit, she wanted to reach the answers to her questions, so her legs never seemed to feel tired of searching.

 
 

A quick flashback of yesterday's scenes was enough for her to drown herself in a deep ocean of confusion. Everything was getting more difficult for her to solve, new words were poured into her water along with some strange emotions, reaching the depth of the unknown.

 

Sometimes, she wanted to delete yesterday's moments and every single second with him from her memory, but she needed them as a clue for the case she was dealing with.

 

-

 

'God, why is everything so complicated?'.

 

She sighed into her plushie when her brain was overloaded with meaningless lines, and kept rolling around to find a better sleeping position.

 

Her eyes caught sight of something black and large on her desk, it was Jimin's hoodie. She stared at it while thinking about him, will he be mad at her for not giving back his hoodie?

 

To be honest, she wanted to wear it more often, it was so warm and comfortable that even the strong cold wind couldn't manage to her skin.

 
 

'Well, I guess I can use it for one more day'. She stood up lazily while hearing the sound of her bones cracking, then walked to her desk and took the hoodie.

 

She scanned it a bit to see how large it actually is, that thing could litterally hide her entire body if she curled herself into a ball while wearing it.

 

She wore it then made her way back to her bed and quickly disappeared under the pile of blankets, enjoying the feeling of the cozy fabric and the heat inside her little nest, then fell asleep afterwards.

 
 

---

 
 

It was almost 9 o'clock and Shion haven't arrived yet. Apprehensiveness was punching his chest with a hard fist, and exaggerated sighs were dripping from his lips every time his watch lost a whole minute in vain.

 

Her seat was just as empty as it was an hour ago when he first stepped in, and it looked like it would be the same for the rest of the lesson.

 

He wanted to go and search for his favorite student, even if it meant he has to run through all of the floors, and the building wasn't small after all. But he ran out of time when his alarm went on, reminding him of his duty towards the other students.

 
 

He felt a little calmer after he ended the lesson, and his body was trying to relax while slowly breathing his stress away. It was the first time she missed his class and he was worried that she would be having some difficulties with today's lesson.

 

Although the actual problem was that she might be absent because of him, he should've suggested the idea of driving her home safely. He felt guilty for letting her walk in the cold weather when all she had was his hoodie to protect her from freezing.

 
 

'She's probably sick right now or even kidnapped by a bunch of bastards'.

 

He murmured to himself as his thoughts were pointing a finger at him, blaming his inconsiderate self-being for her absence.
He checked his watch to know the time, it was 10:20.

 

'I hope she's alright though, I don't want her to miss her classes because of me'.

 

He somehow knew she won't come later for the rest of the day, so it was the last thing he wanted to think of before leaving the classroom.

 
 

---

 
 

The next day wasn't really different than the previous one, except for the temperature of her room being slightly high. The heater almost slept beside Shion the night before, it was glued to the side of her bed and she rested her hands every once in awhile to enjoy the warmth.

 

Her cheeks were the ones receiving the heat as she placed her hands on them, sharing what she gained from her new best friend.

 
 

She was never this warm before, some certain parts of her body were always cold even in summer, it was rare that her hands weren't a bit cold whenever they didn't have work to do.

 

The warmth of her hands reminded her of Jimin, his gentle fingers were always as hot as the coffee she drank every morning, and his chest was exactly the same. She remebered how comfortable it felt against her skin or even on her clothes, and how her heart didn't want to stop beating so hard.

 

-

 

'Why am i even thinking about this now? I should be getting ready for college'. She stood up to make her way to the bathroom after removing the hoodie then threw it on her bed.

 

Her week days usually start off with a cup of a Brazilian coffee but today, she wanted to take a relaxing shower first before continuing her daily routine.

 
 

'Okay now, what should I wear?'. She pulled out a thick black sweater with black skinny jeans then wore them.

 

'I should take a jacket with me, but I think mom hid them in her closet'. She thought to herself while searching for her jackets. When she didn't find any of them, she sighed and sat on her bed.

 

Her left hand landed on Jimin's hoodie, she smiled as she instantly decided to wear it then give it back to him after the lesson. She put it on then zipped it up and covered her head with the hood.

 

'I look like a member of the organization thirteen. Well, my favorite character has the same name as mine so.... I should be proud'.

 

She spoke to herself as she judged her appearance in the mirror, comparing her name and looks with a fictional character.

 
 

---

 
 

Shion couldn't concentrate on her lessons, her brain was still worn out and her body wanted to collapse on something soft and sleep right away.

 

Her legs felt numb while she walked to her last lesson, and her eyes were getting heavier with each step she took. 'Okay, I'll just sleep on this period. Jimin will probably understand my condition'. She thought.

 
 

As always, Jimin was in the same spot on the table while reading the same book. She remembered the last time she greeted him and how irritating his reaction was, so she just decided to walk pass him as she thought he wouldn't even notice her entrance.

 
 

A hand grabbed hers and slightly spun her around, she looked at its owner with confused eyes while he stared at her ones with concern written on them.

 

'Are you okay, Shion?'.

 

He asked her with worry being played in his voice. She almost answered until her eyes caught the other students' stares digging into the both of them.

 

She glanced at their hands then looked at him, hinting to him to let her go before they get the wrong idea, as if they all already didn't.

 

He pulled his hand away and watched her from behind before she sat on her seat, then rested her head on her crossed arms on the table to sleep.

 
 

---

 
 

After 20 minutes of trying to sleep, Shion  lifted her head and sighed heavily, catching her teacher's attention.

 

She looked tired but mostly upset, they weren't  something new to Jimin to notice on her face, but their reasons were always hard for him to read them from her eyes.

 

-

 

Jimin approached her by the time he dismissed the class, he pushed her books aside and sat on her table.

 

'Are you alright?'.

 

He pressed the back of his fingers on her forehead then on her cheek, checking if she has a fever. He shook her shoulder a little when she didn't give him an answer.

 
 

'What's wrong?'. She finally looked at him with poor eyes, begging for something she wanted so badly.

 

'I want to sleep'. She answered with a tenuous tone, then looked away after feeling kinda embarrassed by her voice.

 

'Your voice is different'. He stated. She sounded so helpless and emaciated that Jimin felt bad and wanted to comfort her.

 

'Yeah. My throat is sore'. She said with half a smile.

 
 

'Do you want to sleep in my office? I have a couch there if it's okay with you'. He suggested before she thought of something else.

 

'Anywhere is fine'. She shrugged. 'Okay then, let's go'. He got on his feet again and walked out of the class while she slowly followed him.

 

-

His office wasn't as far as she thought it would be, it was actually just a few meters away from the classroom. He opened the door and allowed her to enter first, letting her gaze fly to every object in the room.

 

Grey shadows were coloring most of the room along with the warm colors of the early sunset sneaking in from the window. It gave the place a convenient theme that looked suitable for a short nap.

 
 

'It's so cozy in here'. Shion commented when she sat in the couch, then placed her books on the table before her.

 

'It's because I didn't enter it today'. Jimin the little lamp on his desk to give the room some light.

 

'Is it really okay for me to sleep here? Wouldn't you be bothered?'. She asked with a solicitude tone.

 

'I can't simply be bothered by your presence, I want to be here with you'. He looked at her with a genuine smile on his face.

 

She almost blushed when she heard the last sentence, he said it like it was something usual for him to say to a girl like her.

 
 

She took off her shoes and the hoodie then placed it on the armrest. She tried not to lie down awkwardly but it was hard since she can feel his eyes following her every movement.

 

Her head was rested on a soft pillow and the whole couch was so large and comfortable. Jimin walked to the door and held the handle which caused Shion's head to snap up to him.

 

'Where are you going?'. She asked quickly. 'Oh I forgot my phone in the classroom so I'm just going to bring it'. He assured her before walking out while closing the door quietly.

 
 

She sighed. He was only going to take his phone, that's all. She thought he wanted to give her some privacy or space but it turned out that Jimin really meant his words.

 

She smiled as she repeated his words in her mind, they were totally perfect for a lover telling his girl that he doesn't want to leave her alone.

 

But of course, they're just friends, so it's more like a friend never wanting to let the other feel lonely. She closed her eyes and drifted to sleep once her head was drown in the puffy relaxing pillow.

 

-

 

When Jimin entered the room again, Shion was already asleep. He smiled, her face looked peaceful but tiredness was still printed on her features.

 

He wondered what was behind her short hours of sleep last night, or maybe the cause of this weariness taking over her body all of a sudden.

 
 

Shion shifted to the side and curled herself like a kitten while rubbing her face on the pillow. That caused Jimin to grin widely, he saw how adorable she could be when she's sleeping, and how small her body is. He walked to a closet and took out a thin blanket with small frogs all over it, then went back to her side.

 

He slowly covered her body from her shoulders to her toes, making sure not to wake her up. He stared at her for awhile, her pink lips were pouting which made her cheeks look chubby.

 

A sudden flashback from Monday reminded him of their little moment, and how badly he wanted to taste those rosy lips of hers. They were so close, too close for him to back off, but he did, and he clearly regretted it.

 
 

The thought of it brought back the desire to try to kiss her again, but that wouldn't be fair for her since she wasn't aware of her surroundings.

 

He leaned down to her face and gave her cheek a sweet kiss, pressing his lips softly on her smooth skin.

 

'Next time, I won't be kissing your cheek'.

 

He whispered next to her ear but he knew she wouldn't be able to hear him. He stood straight then went and sat near his desk, trying to kill time by using his phone.

 
 

---

 
 

After 30 minutes of a good sleep, Shion woke up feeling much better, her head felt lighter and her body was charged with energy.

 

'Well, it seems like you're awake'. She turned her head towards his voice and found him sitting on the table before the couch.

 

'Oh, you're still here'. She said as she sat up straight. 'Of course, I wouldn't leave you'. He chuckled quietly when she looked away, pretending to blush from his words.

 
 

She noticed the print on the blanket she was covered by, small cute frogs were decorating the fabric in a childish way. She was a bit surprised, did he know that she likes frogs?

 

'Here, I bought you some hot chocolate from the cafe near by'. She widen her eyes when she saw the cup in his hands, just a day ago she wanted a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows on top. Can he read her mind?

 
 

'Oh, thank you'. She took the cup and smelled the scent of chocolate before eating the marshmallows.

 

'You know, I was so worried about you. I thought something terrible happened to you'. She looked at him with a mouth full of marshmallows.

 

'I don't know how to say this, but I actually missed you'.

 

She stopped chowing when she heard him, did he say he missed her? He wasn't looking at her as he felt kinda embarrassed saying that to her. 

 
 

'But I was only absent for one day. Couldn't you just hang out with someone else or something?'. She spoke after taking a sip of the warm drink, and kept staring at the liquid inside the cup.

 

'Won't you be jealous if I did that?'. He asked her teasingly, grinning like an idiot as she mentally killed him with her glare.

 

'I barely even like you'. What a lie. He smirked at her rude yet false answer, though it did sting his heart like a bee, but he was sure she didn't mean it.

 
 

Shion continued to drink the whole cup as it suddenly stole her attention in a good timing. 

 

'Keep drinking the hot chocolate, it helps melt down your cold mask for a moment'. She almost choked on her last gulp, his comment was irritating enough to cause her eyes to roll but she still kept her poker face.

 
 

'I don't want to say this, but thank you, again'. She gave him the empty cup without looking at him, then got up and put on her shoes and took her books.

 

'I should go now'. She stated. 'Do you want me to drive you home?'. He asked as he got up as well, hoping she'll agree.

 

'What? No. My mom will pick me up'. Another lie has fallen out of without a second thought. She walked to the door and when she was about to leave the room, he called her name in a low voice.

 
 

She turned around and watched him as he approached her while taking out a small piece of paper from his pocket.

 

'This is my number. Call me whenever you need something or if you want to just chat with me'. He handed her the paper and slipped his hands into his pockets afterwards. 'Oh, okay'. She mumbled.

 
 

'Goodbye, Shion. I hope I'll be able to see you tomorrow'. She nodded while he flashed her a bright smile, waiting for it to be mirrored by her.

 

He closed the door once she started walking away, holding himself from going after her. Something wasn't right, it felt like he should've walked along with her to the exit. He was still worried about her, it was like he needed to take care of her more often, and make sure she's always safe and secure.

 

But he didn't want her to see him as an overprotective teacher around her, though he knew he couldn't change the way he felt towards her, he just hoped that someday she'd trust him more to understand his feelings for her.

 
 

---

 
 

AHHHH NAAANNNII WHAT A BORING CHAPTER... ㅠ_ㅠ

 

I actually wrote this chapter when I was studying for the mid terms that's why it isn't as good as I wanted it to be :'(

 

I know I said I'll be updating after two weeks in the previous chapter, but this chapter didn't have something special so that's why I updated the story earlier than expected.

 

I still don't know when will I update, but the next chapter is MUCH BETTER so you guys HAVE to read it.

 

I hope I won't disappoint you next time!! I promise I'll try to work extra hard on the upcoming chapters cuz they're so kawaii :D

 

\@_@/

 

- N.T.K~