Friends

Against The Limits

 Waking up at 9 am in a Friday morning wasn't something usual for Shion, it was way too early for her to prepare herself for college. Rolling in the bed was the only thing she wanted to do, but it wasn't much fun since she was thinking about something, or let's say someone to be exact. Hugging her frog plushie closer to her chest, she thought about him, still wondering if he saw the small paper or not. She knew that two words written on a piece of paper weren't enough to fix the problem, but at least she tried to apologize indirectly.

 
 

After almost 3 hours, Shion was making her way to her first class, her footsteps were fast and quiet, until she reached a certain corridor. It was unusually quiet, she found it strange for this corridor to be utterly silent, but the complete emptiness had her thinking about a possibility. 'Could he be absent?'. She quickened her moving legs when she suddenly felt worried, she honestly didn't want to be the reason behind his absence.

 

She stopped in front of the door when she saw him, he was there. Just like yesterday, he was reading the same book while sitting on the table. She stared at him for a few seconds, noticing something different about his facial expressions. Shion found a frown on his face, changing his whole face into something she never saw on him, sadness. She was surprised by the sad curve on his lips, It looked so real and painful, making her frown slightly when guilt filled her heart again.

 

'Did I do that to him?. Her thoughts were messed up once again, washing her body with a wave of pain and sorrow. She saw his frown, he wasn't faking it nor did he tried to hide it. It was obvious enough for her to feel satisfied with what she truly wanted to see him wear. But it didn't, she didn't feel accomplished at all. All she felt was the hurtful guilt that was slowly eating her from the inside.

 

She wanted to erase that ugly frown from his face and draw a wide grin instead of it, because that was how he truly looked like before meeting her. He was so bright and positive whenever someone saw him, but she ruined his beautiful smile by replacing it with a hideous frown. It was because of her stupid words and careless actions that he was suffering from a deep cut, bleeding red while he tried to hold on what seemed like hope in her.

 

Shion walked away when she couldn't handle seeing him all upset because of her. She wanted to slap herself for hurting him, but that would only make her eyes wet. She looked at her feet while they were taking her to her first class, hiding her face from the passers and holding her books tightly as anger and guilt followed behind.

 
 

Shion felt like time was slowly passing, each second felt like an hour, and every hour felt like eternity. Her classes were boring and long, letting her fly with her thoughts into dreamland, but her feelings kept her in reality, forcing her to face what she have done. She felt exhausted from all of the new informations she was learning, words and letters were tiring her eyes as she focused hard on the board. Her brain couldn't last long enough to keep on working on her fourth class, so she rested her head on the table when her eyelids became heavy then she slowly fell asleep afterwards.

 
 

Jimin finally reached the empty classroom, it was his last class of the day, but he wasn't feeling ready to start the lesson in 10 minutes. He sat on the table while he waited for his students, his hands were randomly flipping through the pages of the book. He closed the book then tossed it on the side as his mood got worst. He stood up and took two steps when he suddenly stopped, his eyes landed on Shion's empty seat.

 

His mind started playing on the moments that he spent with her on Monday like a recorded tape. It was a painfully wonderful view to watch, two people exchanging smiles and sharing stares without knowing each other were what fascinated him the most. He clearly remembered her shy smile when they connected their eyes in a gentle stare, her eyes were softly gazing into his, letting him explore hers and swim into her thoughts.

 

He smiled to himself once their images slowly faded, he felt better remembering those moments with her, it made him feel hopeful again. He got back on the table and took his book, he opened it on the last page and a small familiar paper fell on his lap. it was Shion's apologetic piece of paper, he kept on wondering how would he give her back her apology as he held the paper in front of his face then slid it into the book again in between the pages.

 
 

Shion woke up after almost half an hour, she yawned as she stretched her arms and legs like she always did. She looked around the classroom and noticed a few students on the other side, then she took out her phone to check the time. ' I'm gonna be late for the math class!'. She panicked when she realized she had less than a minute to reach that class. She took her things then got out of the classroom and ran quickly to her last class.

 

Meanwhile, Jimin waited patiently for Shion to arrive, checking his watch every now and then. With only 30 seconds left for him to start the lesson, he decided to search for her in the building. He walked towards the door in a quick pace when suddenly someone bumped hardly into his body, throwing him into the class again. He held the person's waist tightly to prevent himself from falling backwards and on the ground.

 

Shion closed her eyes once she slammed into someone, she felt tight hands on her waist, holding her in place when she couldn't control her body from leaning into the other's hard chest. She slowly looked up to see who was that strong person, and she was met by her math teacher's surprised face.

 

She gasped as she widen her eyes, their faces were close enough for him to see the slight blush on her cheeks. She quickly backed off when he dropped his hands to his sides, walking fast to her seat then sitting while looking at the table, too embarrassed to look up as the other students were still shocked from the sudden scene.

 
 

After the class has finally came to an end, the students quickly left the classroom empty for the remaining two. Awkward silence was beginning to fill the space between them, slowly stretching as they both avoided each other, still feeling embarrassed by the previous incident.

 

Jimin tried to calm himself down and act cool and fine, but it was hard for him to do so since his mind was constantly reminding him of their little incident. He wondered if she got hurt when she slammed into him, he knew he did though. He was glad that he immediately reacted by holding her waist tightly, or they would've been in an awkward position on the floor.

 

Once Jimin finally felt a bit relaxed, he slowly approached her with echoing footsteps. She was sitting quietly while staring at her table, trying her best not to move. He cleared his throat once he stopped next to her table, trying to get her attention. He sat on the edge of her table when he got no reaction, looking at her blank face as she spaced out again.

 

Jimin lifted her head by placing his index finger under her chin and pushing it up slightly to face him. She looked at him with wide innocent eyes as he interrupted her clouded thoughts. Jimin tilted his head as her look confused him, he leaned closer to her face as he was intimidating her. Shion felt nervous as his face was getting closer, she was uncapable of backing off as his stare got sharper, his breath hit her lips when he exhaled deeply from his mouth.

 

'Are you ready for some tutoring? We can cancel it if you want'. He spoke with a serious husky tone when only a few inches were separating their faces, allowing him to gain confidence as he felt her shiver uncomfortably. 'Umm.... y-yes, I'm ready'. She quickly said it while stuttering a bit, making him smirk slightly. 'Good. Let's start then'. He slowly backed off before standing up then pulling a chair next to Shion's seat.

 
 

It felt a little awkward when he tried to tutor her but she couldn't focused on what he said. She was feeling so nervous and shy all of a sudden, her hands were sweating while her heart was beating fast. She didn't feel comfortable like yesterday, as if he invaded her personal bubble and crossed the red light between them.

 

Jimin noticed that she wasn't paying attention, but rather spacing out or even daydreaming. 'Hey Shion, are you okay?'. He asked as he placed his hand on hers on the table. She looked at his confused face with a blank expression, then turned her head to see their hands.

 

'Your hand is cold, Shion. Here, let me warm up both of them'. He took her small hands into his and started rubbing them against each other, his hands felt hot against her cold ones, melting every cell in her hands while he slowly interlaced her fingers together, then held them inside his warm closed hands. She watched as he heated her hands with his gentle movements, astonished by how quickly her hands gained the same temperature as his ones.

 

'Shion'. She looked at Jimin as she heard him whisper her name, he was smiling cutely as he stared at her adorable eyes. 'Smile for me'. She slightly blushed when she heard his request, her hands were holding each other tightly. He caressed her hands with his gentle fingers as he felt her tighten her hands together. His slow fingers managed to relax Shion's body, making her feel comfortable.

 

'B-But why?'. She said while trying not to look at their hands, they were distracting her eyes from his face. His smile became wider when she asked him why, but honestly he didn't have a real reason. 'I just want to see you smile for me'. She blushed more as she heard what he just said, did her smile really mattered that much?

 

He opened his hands then left her tangle ones alonhe when they didn't need his warmth anymore. Shion untangled them then looked at them with an amazed expression, as if he did something magical to them, then she unconsciously smiled as she was playing with her hands. Jimin felt happy when the smile curved her lips, allowing her beauty to show in a charming way.

 

'Oh look, it's getting dark already. I have to go now'. Shion took her books then got up to walk out of the classroom, but Jimin instantly stood in her way. 'Wait, I have to ask you something'. She blinked confusingly when she heard him, wondering what his question might be. 'Can we be friends? I mean I know I'm your teacher, but .... I wanna be your friend, not just your teacher'. She raised her eyebrows as his question surprised her, she bit her bottom lip while she thought about it.

 

'Yeah. Sure'. She said it while feeling unsure of her answer, but she thought this would make up for everything she did to him. 'Thank you, Shion. Now you're allowed to leave'. He stepped aside while shyly smiling to her, he was really glad she accept to be his friend, and not just his student.

 

'Oh one more thing, Shion'. He spoke when she was near the doorway. She turned around and faced him. He walked up to her then stood in front of her, his smile was smaller but it made him look handsome. 'Two words written on a paper are enough for an apology, but your smile is way more precious'. He brushed the back of his fingers on her cheek, gazing into her eyes with full sincerity. She gaped when his fingers touched her cheek, letting her blush a little when he complimented her smile.

 

'Don't apologize next time you do something wrong, we all make mistakes. Just try to be forgiven by smiling, because apologizing doesn't need words, it needs inner beauty'. She smiled as his words went straight to her heart, carving themselves on her walls. She left the classroom after saying goodbye to her teacher, still carrying that smile on her face. Everything seemed alright, she just hoped that things will stay the same.

 

 

-

 

 

 

Sooooo, its the fourth chapter!!! Thank you for subscribing though :D and I changed the story's title from gentle touch to against the limits!!~ you may know the reasons later.

\@_@/