First Sunset

Against The Limits

The weekend was pretty long, or that's how the both of them felt it. Though they didn't do anything productive and those two days were quite plain, there was something that kept them busy without them knowing the effect that lived within them.

 

 

It was slowly growing inside of them, taking it's time to blossom and prepare to face it's other half in someone else's palace. 

 

Sometimes, it wanted to desperately shout out a silent truth. But in some moments, it needed to be kept alive and hidden for awhile, until it's ready to unlock it's prison by the strength it gained thoughout the many days it lost hope in escaping the black cage. 

 

This feeling wasn't the same in both of the victims, it didn't have an equal amount of impact on their targeted hearts. 

 

One of them attempted to ignore it, while the other felt bothered and confused by the strange pressure on their chest.

 

 It became harder for them to live a single day without a sudden image of the other flashing by quickly, reminding them of every moment they spent together. That's why they couldn't get rid of the lingering feeling.

 

 

---

 

 

It was weird that Shion woke up on Monday feeling excited about going to college. She didn't know what made her feel all fresh and ready to study and learn, maybe it was last night's dinner that gave her an unusual energy to go to college with a smile on her face. 

 

The weather was getting colder day by day, and the dry brown leaves were scattered along the road Shion took to reach the university.

 

 She has always loved the crunching sound whenever she stepped on the leaves, and the rustling noise when the wind blew them to carry them along to a journey around the city. 

 

It made her feel relaxed and accompanied by someone who would be the reason behind those beautiful melodies. 

 

 

She spent most of her time looking out the windows at the trees when her lessons ended quickly. 

 

She watched the leaves fall into the ground to join their cluster beneath as they eventually created a small plateau. 

 

The sky was slowly turning into a dark shade of blue, which made the view even more sedative. It also alarmed her about her last class, she smiled as she thought about seeing her math teacher after two days of not talking to him. 

 

 

---

 

 

 Jimin was the first person she saw when she entered the classroom, he was sitting on the table opposite the door. He pretended he didn't see her as he kept reading his book. 

 

'Good morning, Mr. Park!'. She stood in front of him with a fake smile on her face, feeling a bit irritated by his inattention towards her. 

 

'Oh, it's you .... can you have a seat now? I'll be starting in less than 30 seconds'. He gave her an innocent look and acted cold so she would regret greeting him.

 

'Of course, I should've settled down the moment I stepped into the class'. She glared at him then rolled her eyes while walking to her seat.

 

-

 

 The lesson was short and simple, and the students were glad to leave the classroom early after their teacher dismissed the class. He walked up to Shion when emptiness filled the place then leaned on her table. 

 

'So, what do you say we go hang out somewhere else?'. He asked. 

 

'Like where exactly?'. She thought about other places where he would take her to.

 

'You'll see'. He took her books and walked to his table to take his hoodie then went out of the class. Shion followed him as she felt unsure of whether she can trust his idea or not. 

 

 

'Is it somewhere special?'. She asked him while they made their way to the elevator.

 

'Just wait and you'll be amazed'. He clicked the button to open the elevator then stepped in. Shion immediately stopped and looked at the floor, feeling terrified all of a sudden.

 

 'What are you waiting for? Come in'. He gestured her to enter and stand next to him, before noticing her fearful expression. 

 

 'Umm can we take the stairs? I don't really like elevators'. She tried to smile to hide her fear, hoping he'll agree to her suggestion. 

 

'Why? Are you afraid of elevators?'. He slightly smirked when he found one of her fears, then slowly walked towards her. She didn't want to admit that she has a fear of cramped and closed places. That's why she didn't say a word. 

 

'The stairs are on the other side of this floor, and I wanna take you to the fifth level'. He held her wrist and pulled her in then quickly pressed the button to the fifth floor. Shion just wanted to slap him but she was too surprised to do so.

 

 'We can't waste more time, Shion. You'll forgive me when we get there'. She felt scared when she saw the button glowing blue. Her eyes were tightly closed when she felt the elevator moving upwards.

 

-

 

Jimin felt her hand shaking when it  unintentionally brushed against his, fingers were desperately trembling. She looked so helpless and scared, he can see how her face expressed fear. 

 

He wondered why is she afraid of elevators, they didn't seem so scary, unless she watched many horror movies with haunted houses and hotels then she'll have a good explanation for him.

 

 

Carefully, he moved his fingers to her wavering ones and laced them in a patchy manner, waiting for them to return stable.

 

 Shion opened an eye once she felt gentle fingers in between hers, hanging loosely with the wobbles that grew less every second. 

 

 

Her hands were back to normal, and her eyes were both equally open, still staring at their connected hands.

 

 She knew he wanted to tighten his hand and hold her properly, but unfortunately for him, they finally reached the selected level and she instantly removed her hand and walked out of the elevator.

 

-

 

'Wow, I never knew you vibrate more than my phone does'. Jimin jovially, earning a punch on the arm from her.

 

'Shut up, I have my own problems and fears'. She gave him an irritated look.

'Now where do we go?'. She asked, looking around the empty floor. 

 

'To the next level. Lucky for you, we'll be taking the stairs this time'. He started walking and Shion confusingly followed him.

 

 'Wait, I thought this floor is the fifth floor which is the last floor..?'. She was sure the building only has five levels, but is there another one she never knew about?

 

'Who said we're on the last one?'. He answered confidently. They stopped in front of a grey door that didn't look like it hid a room inside of it. 

 

Jimin checked the place around them to see if there was anybody looking at them. He opened the door and they both entered then closed it quietly. They walked up the stairs to reach the door to the hidden place. 

 

'Get ready for the awaited moment'. He pushed the door open and allowed her to enter first.

 

-

 

'Wow, it's so beautiful'. Her jaw dropped once she saw the charming view right before her, her wide eyes were flabbergasted by all of the colors they were witnessing. 

 

Jimin smiled as he saw her surprised expression, and followed her while she walked towards the fence to get a better look. He placed her books on a box next to them, then watched the sunset with her. 

 

 

'But how did you know I like watching the sunset?'. She turned to face him, waiting for an answer. 

 

'I didn't. All I know is that you like to meditate whenever you look out the windows'. He answered with honesty.

 

-

 

As Shion was lost in every angle of the perfect colorful sight, she felt the cold breeze tickling her skin through her sweater. 

 

Her hands were freezing and goosebumps were starting to grow on her body. The wind abruptly blew a chilly blast, and she couldn't help but to shudder and whine like a child. 

 

Jimin turned to her when he heard her whine, he saw her rubbing her hands on her arms while she squeaked cutely. 

 

 

'Here. Take it'. He offered her his hoodie from earlier with a warm smile. 

 

'No. I don't need it'. She said stubbornly, rejecting it even though she could turn into ice in any second. 

 

'Who's the one acting childish now?'. He poked her cheek when she pouted at his comment. 

 

'I'm not being childish, I'm just being responsible for not bringing a jacket'. She said, trying to make an excuse about responsibilities. 

 

She turned and looked straight to avoid him, regretting that she didn't take the hoodie. 

 

'Okay then'. He wore the hoodie and stepped back, disappearing from Shion's side for a moment without her knowing.

 

-

 

 Arms were wrapped around her body along with her arms the moment she noticed her empty side. 

 

She gasped quietly when he pulled her closer to him, gaining heat from the pressure of his chest on her back. 

 

'If you get sick, I'll be responsible for not providing you with warmth'.

 

 He whispered near her ear, creating a quick blush on his student's cheeks. He sounded so caring with that low calm voice of his, she wanted to listen to him speak that way until his words reach their limits.

 

 

 'B-But why do you care? I said I don't need your warmth or anything from you'. Her voice wasn't strong enough to convince him, but rather weak and unsure.

 

 'Because you always forget about what I told you back in our first day'. 

 

This time, his words were nothing but truthful. They had her thinking about the first day she ever spoke to him, and the last thing he told her before leaving him alone. 

 

He was right, not only did he cared about her, but he also tried to protect her from the smallest things like a slight cold and a light headache. She still didn't get it, why is she so important to him?.

 

-

 

 'You were wrong. You now treat me differently than any other student, so I am an exception'.

 

 That's exactly what confused her the most, and now she finally said it. She knew she wasn't like the others according to him, his attitude with them was nothing compared to his actions towards her.

 

 She thought that it's probably because they are really close, but the tiny feeling in her chest that strikes through her body every time he does something to her that he wouldn't do to the others didn't succeed to be ignored by her heart.

 

 

'It's because I never knew I could get attached to you, Shion'. He said it clear enough for her to understand exactly what he meant. 

 

Her hands held his arms for awhile, hearing him say that made her feel like she was one step closer to what she was looking for. 

 

She then peeled his arms off to turn around and face him, things needed to get straight and that was her only chance to do so. 

 

 

'On Friday, I know you were upset because I refused to hold your hand, that's why you acted so odd before you left me. Is it because you're attached to me?'. 

 

She was looking right into his eyes with a serious face, she wanted him to say everything that included them being together as friends or even more. 

 

Her question was direct, but it took Jimin a few seconds to think about it. What is she to him? A close student? A dear friend? Or something else? 

 

 

 'Maybe. I'm not sure'. It was the only thing he could say to her. He, himself, was also very confused. He couldn't think of a better answer, he just said what he thought he should say for the time being.

 

 She sighed, his answer didn't help at all. She lowered her head to avoid his eyes, it felt horrible thinking about their friendship being ruined if a certain matter got in their way. 

 

 

She felt a hand resting on her shoulder, which made her look up at Jimin. 'The sun will be fully gone in almost 10 minutes then darkness will take over the sky, so you need to leave now'. 

 

He took her books and gave her then made their way to the door. They reached the elevator and he asked her if it's okay for them to take it. She just nodded to cut the way short since her mood wasn't good and she wanted to get used to it after all. 

 

 

---

 

 

Jimin decided to remove his hoodie when the exit was right in front of them. 'This is the second time I'm offering you my hoodie. So, please don't turn it down'. He held it out for her to take and wear, and surprisingly, she did accept it. 

 

He gave her a satisfied smile as he patted her like a little puppy, then watched her while she wore it and god, she looked super cute wearing the large hoodie that he just wanted to squish her in his arms. 

 

 

 'Thank you'. She said it with a small smile, staring at her teacher's eyes. They suddenly turned into something mysterious, gazing hard into her confused ones. 

 

 

She tried to get what they wanted to tell her, but it got harder when his fingers gently pushed her hair behind her ear, then slid his index finger beneath her chin while his thumb stopped at the corner of her lips. 

 

'I think I have some sort of feelings for you, that's why I wasn't sure if I'm attached to you or I actually like you'. 

 

She was shocked, her face showed most of it. Did he really like her? And what about her? Did she like him too? 

 

 

 He stepped closer to her then leaned closely to her face, his eyes were staring at her rosy lips. 

 

He felt impatient while his chest burned with excitement, he wanted to feel them pressed against his ones as they slowly moved in the same beat. 

 

Shion's body was frozen, she didn't know what to do or say. She shot her eyes closed once she felt his lips touching hers, making her heart flutter in surprise.

 

 

 

'I can't'. 

 

He sighed into her lips when he thought about it again, it didn't seem like a good idea to do it. 

 

He backed off with a slight frown, trying to ignore her look. He left her after murmuring a quick goodbye when he didn't want to stay longer because he knew he could do something that might hurt her or annoy her badly. 

 

-

 

She couldn't believe what almost happened, he wanted to kiss her but he didn't. So why is she suddenly blushing?

 

 Her cheeks were a little red as she thought of his lips again, they nearly closed the gap between them and it felt like she wanted it too, but she obviously wasn't ready to lose her first kiss with her teacher, especially right after he kinda admitted that he likes her.

 

 

---

 

 

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! I'm FINALLY back after the four weeks hiatus!!!

 

Mid terms are over but school is still alive so ..... :'( 

 

Anyways, what do you think about this chapter though????!!!! It's my favorite so far but I hope I'll be able to write better ones next time!!

 

Dammit Jimin almost KISSED HER!!!! but he didn't so.... not so great after all. Even I felt disappointed writing that part lol. 

 

I think the next update will be after two weeks because I still didn't prepare the rest of the chapters so I think I'll be updating every two weeks. 

 

It's a sad thing to do that but my small brain gets tired quickly.... 

 

Plus, i have a writing competition on Monday and I feel unconfident about my writing skills but I hope I'll be able to win first place even though I already lost hope.... 

 

Oh and happy birthday Jin!!! ♡♡

 

\@_@/

 

- N.T.K ~♢