New Teacher

Against The Limits

'Shion! Get the hell out of your bed before I spill water all over it'. Her mom yelled from the kitchen.


'Well, watching anime at midnight isn't a great idea for a college student like me, specially since it's Tuesday and my first class starts at 9 am'. Shion thought as she lazily got up from her comfortable bed. Shion wasn't a straight A student but she also wasn't bad at studies either, let's just say that she's just too lazy to study well.

 

 

She entered the building with her books against her chest since she forgot to buy a new bag. She slowly walked in the corridor with a when-will-my-life-be-over expression all over her face. 


She walked pass two girls who were talking to a new teacher, but to Shion, they were totally flirting with him since it's not the first time she sees them with him, and judging by their laughs and the way they look at him, there's no doubt that they're interested in him.


'Poor new teacher, everyday he suffers from the same lame headache. but it's not his fault since he's new and young and to them, a total hottie'. She thought as she glanced at them.

 
 

While she was walking pass them, a small piece of paper accidentally slipped from one of her books but she didn't notice. The small paper didn't fail to go unnoticed by the new teacher, he excused himself from the two girls and went to pick up the paper. There was something written on it in a language that was familiar to him. 'It's probably japanese or chinese'. he thought.


He looked up from the paper and could still see her back that is slowly disappearing as she walked farther down the corridor. It was from that girl that he sees everyday as she walks to her first class with a tired expression, but he have noticed that she has a pretty face.


He wasn't a stalker or even has a crush on her, she just accidentally caught his attention as she passes by everyday beside his current class.

 
 

Shion entered her first class with an eye open and quickly made her way to her usual seat beside the windows. She put down her books on the table then rested her head on them, just trying to get some sleep for at least 5 more minutes before the boring old teacher enters. 


"Hello everyone, there has been a sudden change in teachers and apparently, I'll be your new math teacher. My name is Park Jimin but please call me Mr. Park". Shion snapped her head up as she heard an unfamiliar youthful voice, and she was shocked. 

 

"Oh my god! Isn't he that new teacher? He's gonna be teaching me from now on..?! This is not good.....". For some reason, Shion never wanted the old teacher to be replaced, specially not with this new Mr. Park teacher. She kept scanning him over and over again, hoping it's just a weird dream. Her eyes were wide open, noticing every single detail about him.

 
 

The way his white shirt fits his well built body, the way his black pants hugs his strong yet not-so-long legs, and the way his eyes look intense when he stare right back into someone's eyes. Wait what?! Shion froze when he caught her staring at him, right into his eyes. She didn't realize that she was actually staring at his face until his eyes met hers. 


'Oh it's that girl', he thought as he kept staring at her, he didn't expect her to be one of the new students he's supposed to teach from now on. Shion quickly looked away when she felt the class was suddenly staring at both of them. She felt her heartbeats suddenly increasing, and a little heat was spreading on her cheeks. 'Why am i feeling this way? I didn't mean to stare at him, i was just shocked to see him. But why does it feel odd for him to be my new teacher?'. Her mind was totally confused by her feelings and odd thoughts.

 
 

Jimin chuckled softly as he noticed the quick change in her face, she looked so confused but yet kinda .... cute? He wanted to a bit to see her adorable reaction to his random question, he couldn't handle but to ask her out loud. 'You, right there. What's your name? '. Shion returned her eyes to his as she heard him asking a question, she felt awkward when she realized that it's directed to her. 'M-Me? Umm my name is Shion, K-Kim Sh-Shion...'. She stuttered as she was telling him her name, she felt nervous as his eyes looked sharp and confident while a small smirk was curving his lips.

 

'Okay then, Kim Shion. Why don't you have a seat in the front row? You would focus better if you're near the board, plus you're the only one who's sitting on the other side of the class. Wouldn't it be better if the whole class is united?'. He was offering her an empty seat in the first row, where he would stand close to her. Her hands started sweating as she was looking for an answer. The whole class is waiting for her, their stares made her feel anxious. 


'No thanks, I'll pass. Besides, I really like my current seat that is "far away from the board" and I'm not a big fan of the subject itself nor it's teachers as well, so... it wouldn't help if you're trying to get my full attention. Plus, the class is perfectly fine just the way it is right now, my place wouldn’t effect it and so would my presence'. She said it out loud for everybody to hear, not just him. She felt her nervousness is being replaced by confidence when she cut him off guard by her sharp words that were more like a strong hint for him to understand. 


His eyes widened a bit and a little 'oh' escaped his lips as he felt kinda ..... embarrassed. The whole class was shocked as well but they brushed it off when Jimin finally decided to begin the lesson.

 
 

Looking out the windows was the first thing Shion did when the lesson started, she didn't feel like learning anything today, just like every other day. Slowly, she felt sleepy when the other student were doing some individual activities while quietness filled the whole class.


She turned her head to face the board but she was met by Mr. Park's eyes again, he was waiting for her to open her book and actually do something in class. Shion quickly tore her eyes from his just to avoid the intense feeling he gives her with his staring eyes. She sighed heavily then rested her head on her books, then quickly fell asleep afterwards.

 
 

After 30 minutes, Shion finally woke up from a good nap by stretching her arms and yawning like a baby dinosaur. She noticed that the class was empty but Mr. Park was still there, acting busy with something. She took out her phone from her pocket and checked the time, she still has 5 more minutes till her next class begins. 


'So you finally decided to wake up, huh?' She looked up to see Mr. Park slowly walking towards her. 'Umm yeah, I guess I was too tired to concentrate on the lesson'. She replied, trying to sound convincing. 'Too tired to even concentrate? You didn't even look at the board for once!'. He chuckled when he heard her reply, he was already near her table by then. 'Well, I would've looked at the board if someone wasn't giving me a hard time with his eyes'. She said sarcastically while a small smile has formed on her face. He returned the smile to her when he realized she was right. 


'Yeah, you're right. It kinda was my fault but I gotta say, I really liked your defensive answer from a while ago. It seems like you're good with words, but also very skilled in shutting up an annoying person. I admit, I felt embarrassed by your sharp words, but mostly, I felt hurt'. He looked at her with a straight face, just trying to make her feel bad. 'Well, that wouldn't have happened if you didn't try to tease me'. She got up while saying that to him, and she did feel kinda bad but she kept reminding herself that it's his fault for being annoying. He laughed when he heard her words, it felt so entertaining to talk to a person like her.

 
 

She was about to leave the classroom when Jimin spoke again. 'Hey Shion, try to sleep early today so you won't feel tired tomorrow'. She turned around a bit and looked at him with a tiny smile. 'I'm serious though,' he walked up to her with his hands in his pockets, then stood right in front of her. He looked at her with his serious eyes, he could sense the bit of discomfort in her. 'You always look so tired, Shion. Just try to rest better. As your new teacher, I feel obligated to care for my students, and you're not an exception'. She didn't know what to say, she felt something warm covering her heart when she realized he's concerned about her from the way he looked at her, so sincere and worried. She lowered her head a bit and walked out of the classroom, she didn't want to deal with him any longer, he made her feel uncomfortable but it's not like he meant it, he was just advising her, that's all.

 

 

 

 

 

So this chapter isn't really that long but the upcoming chapter is kinda long. it will include some drama (I honestly don't know why) and maybe the third chapter too but I hope it's good enough though.

\@_@/