Epilogue

Breaking Thin Ice

Epilogue

        “…two children were found dead from the winter cold last night,” announced the radio DJ. “From what was found there, it seemed like the other child tried so hard to keep her friend warm, but in the end, she also lost her life in the cold. That’s really sad and quite touching at the same time. Isn’t that what good friends are for? They care for each other even when it’s really a mess. True friends never let go…”

Jessica Jung, the CEO of a big, successful fashion brand company, switched off her radio as she sat there by her glass desk. She used to be surrounded by a big family of sisters, but for some strange reason, she was now excluded by her high bosses and she can’t even see her sisters anymore. The sisters never wanted this to happen, and neither did she, but they were all powerless to stop it due to internal issues with their company. Now this exclusion wasn’t entirely a negative thing for her career; in fact, it helped her focus more on what she wanted to do and now she can freely let all her creativity flow out. Nevertheless, what is all the success for when you just lost your family in return? Finally, the lonely Jessica just wept there on her desk, reminiscing of all the times she spent with her beloved sisters. She knew that last sentence was directed straight to her, because the DJ was one of her beloved sisters. If only there was a way to go back…

Suddenly, as she was weeping with tears streaming down her face, her smartphone buzzed. There was a message. It was from the oldest of her sisters.

“Sica, I know I’m not supposed to contact you anymore, but I need to make sure that you’re alright, because I’m not, and neither are the rest of the girls. We just can’t handle losing you. We miss you.”

“I…I miss you all too…”