Dilemma

Tears

 

 

Sx Entertainment has released a statement to confirm that the two are in fact dating. "They started off as a close friend, after the show ended they officially became a couple. Please cheer them on."

Ax entertainment revealed that it's true.

 

 


 

 

Chorong washed off her face and looked at the mirror. She stared intensely at her appearance from her forehead to her delicate chin. She made certain it was cleaned and make-up free. She gazed deeply.

What should I do?

Her inner part was in agony. She breathed in and bit her small lips. She was being informed that the company has verified Naeun and Taemin's relationship. She told them to wait. She begged them not to say anything before Naeun. But it was too late. The evidence was clear and people were demanding. It had to be done.

She walked out of the bathroom and entered the living room. There she saw the members sat at the couch discouraged and some at the kitchen table being upset except Naeun. She was in her room. Everyone was devastated and in great dismayed. This scandal would significantly affect their promising future. They were confused and forced in between loyalty and ambition. This is where Chorong's role was taken place. She started off by giving them a speech. She told them not to sway, not to be influence by it too much. What if they were in her situation? When that happen, what will they do? Chorong did an amazing job to calm them. The way she spoke screamed out intelligence and maturity. The rest of them agreed and understood right away. They believed in her words and followed her lead. The fact that they treasured each other so much also took a significant role in the group's understanding. 

Now what's left is Naeun.

Chorong dismissed their mini group meeting and told them to rest. Everyone went to their respected room except Hayoung. Hayoung is the youngest member in the group. The fact that she was still young and inexperienced make her worried to enter the room. Naeun was not just her roommate, she was like her real sister. She didn't want to enter the room and went straight to bed immediately. She thought Naeun would be lonely that way. But she didn't know what to say to her or what to do to appease her. She was too young to know.

"You can sleep in my room, tonight," Chorong told her.

Hayoung was relieved. She thought it was the best if Chorong accompanied Naeun for tonight. Naeun wouldn't be so lonely. Hayoung knew Chorong would give her the advices she needed. Chorong might love every members like a family but Naeun was her favorite. Naeun was a bit special.

Chorong entered the room and it was dark. She saw Naeun was on her bed and climbed onto it. Naeun's back was facing Chorong while Chorong lying down beside her. She didn't know if Naeun was still up.

"Naeun, are you sleeping?" Chorong asked.

"No."

"Do you want to talk?"

Naeun didn't answer.

"Did they reply anything on the media?" Naeun was curious.

Chorong was reluctant to answer, " ...Yes."

"They confirm it, didn't they?" she knew it was inevitable.

Before Chorong had the chance to answer her, Naeun broke off slowly into tears. Second by second, minutes after minutes her silent sniff turned into small cries. By times, her cries revolved into a painful wails. Naeun cried so much that it shattered Chorong. Chorong couldn't help but cry as well. She moved slowly to Naeun and grabbed her arm. Naeun turned around and hug Chorong in return. She hugged her so tight and Chorong petted her head. She soothed her and told her people would eventually forget all of this. She just need to be strong and ignorant.

Naeun was heartbroken. The fact that this relationship was made public after her break-up was even more ridiculous to her. She can't go back after she hurt him. She can't go back before sorting out her real feelings. She didn't want to hurt him, her or anyone for that matter. Now that this happened, she has harmed everyone. Taemin, Chorong, her members and everyone involved. She was an abomination. A disgrace.

Chorong didn't seem to agree as she pressed her lips against Naeun's forehead. She made sure Naeun received all her love and attention.

Naeun's tears were no longer leaking as she closed her eyes into the wild night. She slept soundly around Chorong's small arm. She was lucky to have her.

Chorong stayed with her. She wanted Naeun to share her pain with her so she could at least lessen her burdens.  It was the only thing she could do. It was how she showed her intense love to her. She loved her that much.

 


 

 

Three days have passed and nothing has changed. The group was instructed not to attend any schedules or entertain any calls. They were all grounded in their apartment. In fact they were given days off due to cancelation of all events. Some of them still have another schedules and the others preferred to take this opportunity to practice.  

Naeun was still in bed lifelessly. She wouldn't get out of her room except for a few times. She hardly touched her meals. Chorong grew impatient by her behaviors. She could not longer stayed idle and let her be.

"Naeun, wake up. Let's go out." Chorong directed.

Naeun didn't budge.

"I'm not going to repeat this again. Wake up before I make you." Chorong used her trademark-commanded-tone.

Naeun knew that tone, she knew she couldn't defy her. Chorong always meant what she said. She couldn't back out or escape. She respected her so much that she wouldn't question any of her orders. Chorong was smart and a responsible leader. Everything that she did she would make sure she did the right decision for them. Whether it would be beneficial for them or not, she thought of it really deeply. As a leader, she learnt to be thoughtful and decisive. One stern look by her would silent them all. A charismatic leader.

Naeun get up slowly, her body felt so heavy and lazy. Chorong was frustrated by her frail movement. She dragged her as gently as possible to the bathroom. She decided to bathe her. Yes, there's nothing she couldn't do.

Naeun followed her. She felt like a child around her. She has no energy or will to even talk back to her so she complied. Nothing surprised her anymore.

Naeun was wearing white tank-top and short. Her hair was messy and her face was oily. Chorong grabbed the shower and immediately sprayed the water on her. Naeun was shocked, the water was cold but she endured it. She let the cold wash over her mental hardship. Chorong looked at her shivering. She had to do it. Only the cold would wake her up from the reality. Only the cold would alert her of her surroundings.

She turned off the water and faced Naeun. Naeun was looking down while sniffing. The water didn't do justice covering her tears and red eyes. Chorong stared at her intensely. They were both standing. She saw every bit of Naeun's body line as if she was . She envied the white transparent top that hugged her entire body which showed her curvy and delicious form. She placed her hands on Naeun's face to wipe off the tears. Her skin was so smooth and tender. She looked under her slender neckline and bit her lips. Chorong was distracted for awhile.

"Naeun," she came to her sense. "Now wash yourself thoroughly, I will wait for you in the room with your clothes ready. We are going out."

Naeun knew she couldn't say no. She gave a silent nod.

After Naeun was finished, Chorong made her sit and proceeded to do her make-up. Now it's Naeun turn to stare at her. Naeun wondered why is she so work up about this. She was reluctant to let her roaming outside these past few days. Chorong was afraid to even let her visit the shop. She was overprotective of her. She called the company not to give her schedules and let her rest for awhile. It didn't really matter to Naeun because she had no will to do her job and rather be alone in her room.

"Where are we going?" Naeun asked.

"Just out, to have a fresh air," she answered simply.

 


 

 

Chorong and Naeun was walking closely side by side in the park. The place was quite as they were the only pair there along with some people. It was evening and the sun had set off slowly to embrace the bright moon.

Chorong hold Naeun's hands in hers. She wouldn't let her go. She wouldn't let anything happen to her. She was terrified of what the fans might do to her. Sometimes these fans are ruthless. She wouldn't know what they might have in mind for Naeun.

"Naeun-ah, why haven't you call him back?" Chorong asked her.

Naeun's heart sunk. She did not expect that question to form on her lips. Taemin has been calling her these past few days and she didn't answer. She couldn't. What should they say to each other, they both were no longer in a relationship and this happened. She didn't want to go back to him. She knew if she accepted his call she would once again sway by his sweet promises. She needed to sort out what to do before she talked to him. She wanted her feelings to be neutral. She needed a distance.

Chorong was a bit impatient by her silent treatment. She looked at her closely.

"I knew this all must have been so sudden to you but you both are in love." Chorong started.

I loved him but I'm not sure if I'm in love with him.

"I know this because I saw you two together."

You saw us? When? How? Then why didn't you say anything. Are you ok?

"So now that you have this opportunity to be together, use it wisely and reach out to him."

You don't mean that. No.

"I want you to be happy."

What about you? Please stop.

"I call him to meet up with you."

Naeun was shocked.

"He was there behind you, so go. Go to him."

Naeun did not look back. Her heart beat faster. Her hands was trembled. She was not ready. She looked at Chorong with a persuasion eyes and grabbed her hands tightly.

No, please don't. Don't leave me here please. I don't want to meet him. I can't yet. Please.

Please...

Unfortunately Chorong didn't understand her. She thought Naeun was just afraid to face the reality. She didn't know they both were breaking up. She didn't know Naeun needed a break. In fact, Taemin was the one who called Chorong first. He begged her to let them meet for awhile. He pleaded with sympathy and as much as it pained her she agreed. She knew she had to. For her. She would do anything for her.

Please, don't leave me with him.

Chorong slowly let go of Naeun's hands holding tightly onto hers. She looked at her with unpersuasive smile. She thought she did the right decision. She was smiling but inside she fought against her pain.

"Do you want me to wait for you in the car?" Chorong asked still quite concern.

Naeun nodded immediately.

Chorong slowly stepped back and let the two meet each other. She looked at her forcing a smile and turned around. The happy form she gave earlier curved down into a gloomy face. She was not contented. She was not pleased. She was holding onto the tears that desperately wanted to flow down her depressing eyes.

Don't cry, she said to herself. If she is happy then you should too, she persuaded. Then why is she in despair? Why does she not feel any joy?

She just let the love of her life be with someone else.

She is ready to let her go.

Or not...