A Secret Crush

Tears

 

An intense but usually short-lived infatuation.

 

"Naeun... come here babe," Chorong called her.

Naeun turned around at that sweet sugary voice. She loved that voice and it was nearly impossible to ignore it. Naeun beamed happily and ran to her like a puppy runs to his master.

"Yes, where are we going?"

Chorong didn't answer and instead pulled Naeun closer to her. They were just an inch amount of space right then. Naeun took this opportunity to take a good look at their leader. She adored her dollish features. She always did. While Chorong helped her fix her hair, Naeun gazed even deeply. She realized how bitter Chorong's eyes were. Her dull eyes must be affected by some kind of unhappiness causing sorrow and distress. All torn up.

"What are you looking at?" Chorong questioned the curious lady.

"Nothing," she shifted her fixed stare.

Now it's Chorong's turn to inspect her. She admired Naeun's beauty constantly. She felt it was Naeun's quiet personality that made her want to take care of her a lot. Naeun's too soft-hearted and she hated the idea of anyone's hurting her. Every day she cared for her more than the other members. She was obsessed till she reached a point she could no longer return. The next thing she knew, she wanted her for herself.  

She wanted Naeun.

"I'm hungry, let's eat!" Naeun pouted.

"Ok let's go."

 

 As they enjoyed their meal, Naeun was a bit distracted by her phone. Chorong saw that and she didn't like it. She was displeased and her eyes turned solemn. Naeun immediately noticed her changed and she knew the nature of it. She put down her phone and looked at her apologetically. "Are you mad? I am sorry."

Naeun continued to look at her with her cute trademark face. She persisted to light up her mood. Chorong was a bit annoyed but couldn't help and smile. How could she oppose that cute face. She couldn't even resist her.

"It's not like always we could hang out together. Can't you put your phone away for just a day?"

"I know. I'm sorry. Here, you can keep it for me."

Naeun tried to keep her promise. She promised she would give her day to Chorong. Earlier last week, Naeun made some vouchers for Chorong. She thought Chorong was too depressed nowadays so she gifted her some vouchers. There was 3 vouchers in total and it was all about how Naeun would do anything for the sake of Chorong. Naeun wanted to cheer her up so badly. While today is their day off, Chorong used up one of her coupons which is to be her imaginary boyfriend for the rest of the day. Yes, fake boyfriend. Naeun assumed one of the reasons that caused Chorong's despression is because she didn't have anyone to look after her. To love her like she did them. To take care of her like she did them. Therefore she decided to be her pretend boyfriend for the day.

"Hi, girlfriend..." she teased.

Chorong's heart beat faster, her nervous system activated and there was butterflies moved in irregular motions throughout her stomach. It was something she couldn't imagine Naeun would ever say to her. It was something she thought impossible.

"Where do you want to go next?"

"Hmmm how about a stroll at the park? I really want to watch the view and breath fresh air."

Naeun was bemused for a moment. She was impressed at how idealistic Chorong was. Nevertheless, she need to take the lead. After all she was the boyfriend.

"Here.." Naeun offered her hand and Chorong happily obliged.They hold each other hands and walked side by side.

Chorong was captivated by the delightful landscape. A gentle wind blew through her face. She was enchanted by the quite atmosphere and the cleanliness of the grounds. Naeun asked her permission to visit the toilet and insisted her to stay. Chorong waited at the nearest bench.

After a few minutes, Naeun came back with two ice cream attached on her hands. Chorong smiled at her and she smiled back. Chorong couldn't wait and grabbed one of the ice cream. Naeun baffled at her impatient behavior. Chorong ate her ice cream in a flash. She loved it and she wanted more. She looked at Naeun's and her lips. While Naeun was distracted for a moment Chorong took a bite on her ice cream. Naeun gave her a disagreeable looks. When it comes to food they were rivals. But today was an exception. Naeun ultimately gave hers to Chorong. And she accepted delightedly without feeling a bit remorse.

At one point they were so into each other that people would have misunderstood them. Chorong casually put her right-arm behind Naeun's waist and lead her. And when it's time to take a picture Naeun posed behind her and put her face as close as possible to Chorong. Their cheeks were touching and Chorong was blushing. They took the picture and Chorong moved a bit from her. Not for long. Naeun was constantly checking on Chorong as much as possible. Everytime she turned away, Naeun sought after her. She was going to make sure Chorong was all smiled.

 

The nights fell in quickly as the dark consumed almost everything on sight. Naeun and Chorong had quite a good time and as for their last stop they went to a BBQ restaurant. They ate as much as they desired and talked non-stop. Naeun avoided touching any sensitive topics as it might triggered badly on Chorong's mood. They played a game where the loser will be punish by drinking alcohol. Naeun lost most of their games and to that they both went home a bit drunk.

As they arrived at their dorm it was emptied. The rest of the members spent their holidays off with either families or friends. Only the two of them stayed behind.  Chorong helped Naeun and guided her walk into the room. Chorong entered her room and let Naeun lie down on her bed. Surprisingly Naeun was not that drunk, there's a part of her brain that could think straightly.

A part where only Chorong existed.

"Chorong-ah," she called.

Chorong flipped through her drawer searching for a clean clothes. She was too occupied to answer the call. Naeun sit up, grabbed her hands and pulled her to the bed. Chorong fell on top of her and their face were an inch closer. Chorong hearts thumped. She saw a reflection of her in Naeun's eyes. Naeun's cheek color turned rosily pink and she appeared so adorable in a seductive way. Her lips was moist and kissable despite the strong smell of an alcohol.

"Do you like me?" Naeun asked her abruptly.

Chorong could hear her own heart beat even faster.  

Was it obvious? she thought.

Chorong tried to straighten herself up but Naeun prevented her. Chorong forced herself away from Naeun. She won't answer her. In fact she won't answer her in that kind of state. She stood up and turned away. Naeun was slightly irritated and this time she wouldn't let her leave without an answer.

Naeun grabbed her hands again before she could walk off from her. Chorong immediately turned around and faced her. They looked at each other for awhile and still not a word have spoken.

Chorong struggled her hands off Naeun's. "Please, let it go."

"No," Naeun used the remaining of her strenght and pulled her closer.

And the moment their face were closer she gave up. She has lost her own will. She could no longer resist that lips, her pretty luscious lips.

Chorong kissed her abruptly, passionately and ardently. She had imagined a thousand times for this moment. Naeun sat there confused but slowly closed her eyes. She felt Chorong's lips were humid and addictive. She wanted more.

Chorong woke up from her little dream. She realized she had done something terrible. This was thoroughly going to affect their relationship in the future and if she didn't stop they would cross the line of no return. She put a stop on that moment.

"This is a mistake, I'm sorry," she continued and Naeun barely heard it.

Chorong ran outside and left Naeun alone. Naeun watched her back as she walked out the door.

Am I wrong? she thought. 

She thought Chorong wanted this, she thought Chorong wanted her. Did she misinterpret the whole situation? There was a time Naeun caught Chorong staring at her. There was a time Naeun felt Chorong kissed was not just a sisterly kiss. There was a time Naeun lingered at the thought of Chorong's warm lips on her skin. Chorong literally kissed her everywhere but her lips. There was a time she considered Chorong's touch was sensational. There was a time she thought she adored her a bit too much. Her kiss, her touch, her gaze. She was convinced that Chorong has a slightly more feelings for her than just a friend. Naeun was there once. She was there before Taemin come into her life.

 Chorong might not be her first love but she was her first crush.