Break Up

Tears

"Naeun, where is she?" Chorong asked.

"I don't know, she is here just now," Namjoo answered.

Chorong looked and searched thoroughly and still not even her shadow was lurking.

Where is she?

"I need to find her," she sounded concern.

Naeun, where are you?

 


 

19 hours earlier...

 

My life is not a joke.

 I need to think of this seriously.

Why am I like this?

 

Naeun took a stroll around the park. It was past midnight and the garden was really quiet. She looked at the sky and admired the beauty of the full moon. The round moon was accompanied by sparkling stars. Stars which envied the brightness and fullness of the moon. They envied her so much that they would only exist to enhance her beauty. But what happen if the stars are gone and the moon is all alone?

She would be a dull moon.

Naeun sighed. She was thinking of something. Her expression turned serious and her smile was gone from her beautiful face. She stopped and looked at the nearest lake. She was waiting for someone.

"Naeun.."

Taemin put both his hands on her arms from behind. He pulled himself close to her while looking straight at the lake. He resorted his arm into a circle around her neck, placed his hands on both of her shoulder and back-hugged her warmly. She felt safe and comfortable. He squeezed even gently and leaned closer.

"I miss you," he whispered.

Naeun was expecting that phrase would come out. It has been nearly 2 months they didn't see each other. She missed him. They hardly contacted each other. He was too busy with his schedules to the extent that they didn't even talk or text. This made Naeun anxious. She wondered if he really missed her. Every day she would wait for his text or call only to no avail. She was annoyed and sad. She felt Taemin didn't miss her like she did him. He didn't need her like she did him. She was been ignored by him all the time that she seek warmness elsewhere. She was hurt by the oblivious. Therefore she had made a decision. A decision that would end it all. She had to.

"Taemin, I need to talk with you," Naeun started.

Taemin was a bit confounded by her words. Her tone seemed serious and important. He's concerned and worried, "What is it?"

Naeun turned around and faced him. She looked at him straightly and wholeheartedly. She her dry lips and bit it. He was a very good-looking man disguised in invisible charm. Taemin looked back at her. He was forever weakened oppose her doll beauty and stunning eyes.

"I.. I want to break up with you," she said.

Taemin's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what he heard. What did he does to deserve this? His bright face turned sorrow. His heart was gloomy and every part of his body was broken apart brick by brick. He didn't expect that sentences would ever form in her pretty lips. He must had heard it wrong.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I can't be with you anymore," she cleared out.

"Why? What did I do?" he grabbed her shoulders firmly.

"You've never been there for me. I've waited for you the whole day, the whole week and still ...if only you care," she explained.

"I won't do it again. I promise please," his eyes was teary and his heart was in agony.

She looked away. She didn't want to look at his misery. She was crying in great pain inside.

"Taemin, it's not just that. I don't think we can be together. It's really hard to meet you, to spend time with you. By times, we will grow apart sooner or later. You're going to find someone new and much worthy than me."

"Why are you doing this to me? We can do this together. I know I've been busy and been neglecting you but you should know the cause. Just wait for a little while. I'll give you all of my time."

"I'm sorry, you can't. And I can't anymore," Naeun replied firmly.

She looked at him tensely in teary eyes. She knew that words would shatter his world. She never saw him crying that much. He was in anguish and she was falling apart. Every part of her veins tremble, she cried and forced herself not to let the tears go further. She formed a smile in vain.

He clenched his hands into a fist. He won't let her go. No, not now and not in the future. His handsome face turned shallow. He was traumatized by the thought of losing her. He kneeled. He kneeled in front of her and grabbed her feet. He looked at her under the shadow. The cute and bright face he once knew was gone. He could see the slight tremble in her hands, the unhappiness behind her vivid face. It was written all over her face expression, through the shakiness of and the glint sorrow of her eyes. He knew she still loved him as much as he loved her.

"Please don't leave me," he begged and begged until she turned her gaze on him.

Her face formed in inconsolable existence as she said her next words that torn him apart. She never wanted this to happen. She didn't know she would fall in love with 2 person at the same time. She didn't want to choose and so she had to choose being alone. Not him and not her. She chose her careers.

As she looked down at him kneeling, she has the urge to hug him so much and to console him. She wanted to wipe his tears and kiss his every despair. She knew what she did was unacceptable. Why can't she be more understanding? The truth is, she would wait for him. Yes she is patient. Even if they only met once in a month it's more than enough to her. But that was just what she believed in, she couldn't lie to herself. Every night she stayed up late, she waited in vain. Then she would end up crying because she missed him. She missed him so much that it hurt. Even if they've already met, it was not enough. They both were always tired and he always rushed her. The times they have spent together was not enough. In conclusion almost every night, tears would form while she slept in agony.

And in the midst of this all, Chorong was there. She was there for her. Eventhough she didn't know her problems or even speak of it, Chorong volunteered her big arms to her. She gave her comforts instead of him. She kissed her in much affection that kicked away her unpleasant sorrow. She granted her devotions she always seek in a lover. She became too addicted that it was not enough. She went to her as a friend, a bestfriend and a sister until that day. The day she found out everything.

Naeun stepped back from Taemin. Taemin lost all of his energy and kneeled in a lifeless form. He knew once Naeun made up her mind he couldn't change it. He knew but he still tried. He saw her feet walked off from his organ sight. He cried and begged her not to leave him. He couldn't live without her. She was his purpose. She was his everything. She was his life. She was his and his only.

He stayed there for a long time, kneel and tear, torn and heartbroken. He didn't want this day to come, he never wish for it, the day he would let her go. He clenched his teeth and his eyes glared sharply.

I will get you back. I'll make you mine again. If I can't have you, no one can.

 


 

 

"Naeun?" Chorong called Naeun who's clearly in another state of mind.

"What are you doing? The host is asking you.."

Naeun was startled and gave the host back her attention. She was thinking deeply about something that she forgot she was in a fan meeting. Appearing to hundreds of fans, she should get herself together and cleared out her mind. This is her job, she didn't want to mess with it. She smiled and laughed with the members. She gave the fans a lot of poses for them to take pictures. She pouted at one point and smiled brightly at another. Although deep down her heart was broken into pieces, she hold on professionally and firmly. She let go the thoughts of suffering and beamed happily for them. That's how she repay them for their love to her.

Chorong noticed something amiss with Naeun. She stayed with her as close as possible so that Naeun wouldn't make the slightest mistake. At times, she hold Naeun's waist from behind and rested her jaw on her shoulder. She whispered a witty comment that make Naeun laughed and smiled. Naeun loved how close Chorong was to her. She rested her head onto her. She needed her. Her bit of warmth was what she required to heal her wounds.

A few hours went by and they were now at the waiting room changing into their comfortable clothes. Naeun finished first and rested for awhile. She went to take a drink and waited for the rest of the members.  While she waited, she sit down and went online on her phone.

 

Chorong changed her outfits and redid her make-up. She gave a slight touch-up and helped others. Suddenly one of their manager approached her in a panic manner.

"Chorong, what to do?" he exclaimed.

Chorong was bewildered. She looked at him confused and drew her attention to his phone which he showed her. It was a recent news about a breaking scandal. She looked closer and she saw a picture of a familiar silhouette.

Is that Naeun? she thought.

Chorong grabbed his phone and looked even closer. The girl was clearly Naeun and the guy with her was Taemin. Chorong's heart beat faster, she didn't know how to react and what to do. She read the article word by word without fail. She read it again and browsed at it again. Her heart sunk. How this thing could happen? She thought they both were careful. She thought Naeun was smart enough not to get caught by the persistence reporter. 

I need to find her.

"The CEO has ordered you all to go home quickly. You guys should move," the manager told her.

Chorong nodded and started to find the rest of them.

"What's wrong?" Eunji asked, she was weary by the leader impulse behavior.

"We need to move quickly and quietly."

Naeun, I need to find her. I need to block this from her. 

Chorong urged herself to move faster. She didn't want Naeun to witness this. She needed to protect her. This scandal would literally destroy her. She need to make sure Naeun didn't blame herself for this. She knew Naeun like she knew the back of her hand. Naeun appeared to be so strong yet she was gently soft inside. Even if she was hurt she wouldn't tell anyone about it. She rather kept it within herself and dealt with it.

"Naeun, where is she?" Chorong asked.

"I don't know, she is here just now," Namjoo answered.

Where is she?

Naeun, where are you?

Chorong ran through the hall and still couldn't find her. She stumbled upon the back exit and went outside. There she was crouching and crying her heart out. Naeun was all alone. Chorong heard her pitiful wails and it pitted her stomach in a mildly discomfort. Naeun's weeps was her downright weakness. Once she heard her, her eyes couldn't stop the tears from learning it ways out. She slowly approached her in a manner that shout cautious, wary and petrified.

Naeun-ah, I'm here.

Chorong hold Naeun up with strength and looked at her carefully. Naeun was shocked and put her head down upon meeting her leaders' eyes.

"Naeun, look at me," Chorong shouted.

"I said look at me."

Naeun slowly heed her voice and stared at her. She could see Chorong's wet tears.

Naeun continued her cries, "What should I do? Chorong-ah, what should I do?"

"Listen carefully," Chorong positioned herself firmly in a way it gave her strength.

"From now on do not go online, do not watch TV and do not contact anyone until I told you so."

"It's gonna be alright. You're gonna be ok," Chorong assured her and wiped her tears.

By that sentiment, Naeun cried again and hugged Chorong. She hugged her so tightly as if she's going to lose her. She apologized for not being cautious and caused such a dangerous means to their profession. It will not just going to affect her careers but to the whole team endeavors. She was wrong. It was her fault.

I am sorry.

Even if the whole world is turning on you, I won't.  

 

 


 

Hi guys, I'm sorry for the late update. Do leave me some comments :D