Act 2

Sunshine

Yeon Hee

I yawned as I slid into my chair. 

"Hey princess." A deep voice perks me up. My heart immediately pounded at a faster rate. I look to my right to see him sitting next to me.

"Go bother someone else, Chanyeol." I tried to act nonchalant. "Its only 7a.m. and you're already ruining my day."

"Awh, I know you miss me. Besides, its the first day of school!" Chanyeol grinned, "I have something really exciting to tell you. I was hoping that you and-"

"Nope." 

"But I haven't even finished!" He whined, pouting his lips.

Oh god. He's adorable. 

"No. I'm making your hopes come crashing down. " Stay strong Yeon Hee! You can do it! Don't give in!

He continued looking at me with his puppy eyes. 

...

I sighed, putting my hands up in defeat. "Okay, what?"

"The school is holding a talent competition and I was wondering if we participate in it together. I mean, I can play the guitar and I know that you have an angelic voice-" Chanyeol gushed.

"I do not!" I felt my cheeks heat up in embarassment.

"Anyways, I think that we could totally ace this! The winners also get free froyo at the nearby shop at our school-"

"I'M IN." I interrupted once I heard the two magical words. I mean who doesn't want free froyo?

"Great! Registration only starts next month so-"

"Great! Now let me sleep. I'm leaving all the other boring stuff to you." I mumbled as I plopped my head down onto the desk.

"Aish, Kim Yeonhee, I- Woah." Chanyeol stopped midway. Curious, I lift my head again. Gradually, all the buzz and chatter stops when they realized that there was a petite girl standing infront of the class, fidgeting.

"Alright class! We have a new transfer student. Her name is Choi Yoomi. Please welcome her to Seoul Arts High School!" Miss Jung, our form teacher announced cheerily.

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Choi Yoomi. I hope that we can be good friends in the future." Yoomi said in a quiet voice. 

It was obvious as to why everyone focused their attention on the new student. She was thin and had fair skin. Her face was free of any blemishes. She had big sparkling eyes and a sharp nose. The sides of her small, rosy red lips lifted up in a smile to reveal her perfect pearly whites. Her long chocolate brown hair cascaded down her back in waves.

She was stunning.

"Alright, you can sit next to Yeonhee." Miss Jung pointed to the seat next to me.

Yoomi made her way next to me wordlessly. She bowed her head in acknowledgement while I gave a slight smile.

Throughout the lesson, all the boys were chatting excitedly about the newcomer, including Chanyeol. He initiated a conversation with Yoomi, with me sitting uncomfortably in the middle. Eavesdropping on their conversation, I found out that she lived not far from Chanyeol and I. And she wa- goodness, focus on the lesson Yeonhee!

However, after several minutes, I couldn't stand it no longer.

i sent my signature glare to the boys. That shut them up.

"Yeol, could you please shut up and stop being a nuisance. I'm trying to pay attention to the lesson here." I hiss, glaring at him. 

"Sorry for disturbing you, Yeonhee-ssi, I didn't realise that I would be distracting you." Yoomi says in a apologetic tone. 

"Ah! N-no, Yoomi-ssi. Its totally fine. Its entirely Chanyeol's fault." I say hurriedly. Upon hearing this, Chanyeol's eyes widened. He frowned, and was about to retort when Miss Jung announced, "Class dismissed!" 

Many of our classmates immediately flocked towards our table. On a normal day, it would be because of Chanyeol. Today, it was because of Yoomi. Oh look, her first day and she's getting popular already. Though it was inevitable. She was gorgeous and well-mannered, whats there not to like?

Wait, am I envious of her? Psh, no way.

"Hey, Yoda. You going for your break? I'm starving. Lets go together." I tell Chanyeol as I pack my bag. Upon recieving no reply, I frown and look at him. He was staring at Yoomi with an awestruck face. 

"Yah! I'm talking to you!" I elbowed his side. 

"Huh? Oh, okay." He woke up from his trance, leaving his seat rather reluctantly. We exited the class together. I was about to talk to Chanyeol when a meek "Chanyeol-ssi!" reverberates through the corridor. Ah, it was Yoomi. I wondered what she wants from the idiot standing next to me.

"I was wondering if you could give me a tour around the school since I'm new here. But if it troubles you, its fine." Yoomi asks timidly.

"It's totally fine Yoomi-ssi! Lets go." Chanyeol replies a little too enthusiastically.  "Yeon, I'm going to help her. Since we don't have any more classes together today, see you after school." He waves and quickly walks away with her in the opposite direction. Yoomi stops and alternates between looking at me and Chanyeol. "Are you sure? What about Yeonhee-ssi?" She asks worriedly. 

"She's okay, she can eat with others or by herself." Chanyeol tells Yoomi. I didn't even get to reply as he turns his back and ushers her away, chatting excitedly.

I was surprised. Chanyeol never paid that much attention to any girl before. I suddenly didn't feel hungry anymore. I walk to my next class alone, sinking down onto my seat.

What was this uncomfortable feeling bubbling inside my stomach? After brooding about it for an indeterminable amount of time, I finally realized what it was.

Jealousy.

 

 

Hi sorry for the late update. Please comment someone~ ㅠㅠ Subscribe too! ^^ ♡