One

Straight As and Cigarettes

The bell rang signalling the end of the period and the students vacated their seats and exited the room faster than one would have thought possible.  Joonmyun took his time in neatly arranging his notebook and pencil into his backpack, making sure the contents of the bag were perfectly orderly.

"Joonmyun, do me a favor and wake up Jongdae before you leave, please," the teacher called out over his shoulder as he too exited the room.

Sighing, Joonmyun retrieved a spare pencil from his backpack and poked the sleeping Jongdae in the shoulder with the eraser end.  A few prods later and he was still fast asleep.

"Yah! Kim Jongdae!" Joonmyun called loudly, getting as close to the cigarette scented boy as he dared.

It seems as if Joonmyun's voice did the trick because the next thing he knew, his arm was being twisted painfully behind his back as he was slammed forcefully into the desk.

"Unnecessary," he said in as unstrained a voice as he possibly could. "Care to let me go now?"

"You're pretty snarky for a guy in an armlock."

"And you're pretty active for a guy that was just drooling onto his desk. Let me go, I'm going to reek of cigarettes for the rest of the day."

"Pretentious ," Jongdae spits out as he releases Joonmyun with a violent shove before sauntering out of the room, sparing not even a passing glance towards the senior class president.

 

The rest of the day passes without incident, though Joonmyun can't seem to get the smell of cheap cigarettes out of his nose.

"Ew Joonmyun, you stink," Baekhyun insults casually as he approaches his friend and slings an arm around his shoulder.  "Since when did you start smoking?"

"I don't, that Jongdae kid touched me today and the smell won't go away."

"You mean Kim Jongdae, resident bad boy lady killer?"

"Yes, that Kim Jongdae. He fell asleep in class this morning and I was charged with the task of waking him up."

"Oh the difficult life of being the teacher's pet. However shall you survive?" Baekhyun asks, dramatically slinging a hand against his forehead and faking a swoon.

"Whatever Baekhyun, don't you have drama club to run off to or something?"

"You're right, I do. But before I leave, are you sure you don't want some help?"

"With what?"

"With pulling that stick out of your . It's jammed up there pretty good."

"Oh ha-ha. I'm astounded by your wit. Just get out of here. Go put on some make up and dance around like the diva you are."

"Fare thee well my dearest Joonmyun. Though distance may part us, never shall our love be separated!" Joonmyun barely has time to roll his eyes before Baekhyun has pranced out of the crowded hallway, leaving him alone at his locker.

"Why does everyone keep telling me I have a stick up my today?" Joonmyun mutters to himself as he sorts through his books, putting away the ones he doesn't need, and putting the ones he does into his bag.

"Maybe it's because it's shoved up there so far I can see it in the back of your throat every time you open your mouth."

"Oh my God, Chanyeol, not you too? I thought you were supposed to be the nice one of the three of us."

"Why, did my baby Baek say something mean to you?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary," Joonmyun looks up at the giant out of the corner of his eye. "Can you please stop breathing down my neck, your hovering is giving me the heebie-jeebies."

"Heebie-jeebies. What century are you even from?" Chanyeol questions sincerely.

Sighing exasperatedly, Joonmyun shuts his locker door and shrugs his backpack onto his shoulders.  "Goodbye, Chanyeol, I'm going home now."

"See ya, Joon, be safe walking home. I know you think you're tough , but please promise me you won't take that shortcut home."

"Whatever Chanyeol, I've never had any problems on it before."

"Fine, but don't come crying to me when your body is found floating in the Han." Despite the seemingly teasing words, the concern in Chanyeol's eyes is apparent.

"You worry too much, Yeol. I'll see you tomorrow." And with a fleeting smile and a casual wave, Joonmyun exits the school building, ready for a shower and a nap before starting on his homework.

 

A/N:

Okay, so I think I have a pretty clear idea on where I'm going to take this fic now. I know I should be working on my Krisoo (or doing homework), but I've had these ideas for characters for Suho and Chen bouncing around in my head for the past few days, and I've just been itching to write a story about them.