Four

Straight As and Cigarettes

"MinDae-yah! Did you miss me?"

"Oppa!" MinDae calls back, her face splitting into a wide grin with corners the curled up like her brother's.

"What's up Buttercup? How was your day at school?" Jongdae asks as he scoops her up and begins their walk home.

"I drew a picture for you, Oppa!"

"Really? For me!?" Jongdae exclaims enthusiastically as he nuzzles his face into her neck. "Will you show it to me?"

"Uh huh, I'll show you know!" She exclaims as she wriggles her way out of his arms and back onto the sidewalk. Turning her backpack around so it faces front, MinDae s it and pulls out a brightly colored crayon drawing.

Handing it over to Jongdae, she stares at him eagerly as he examines her masterpiece.

Jongdae is in a complete state of shock as he looks at his sister's drawing.  The crayon drawings, though crude and representative of the schema of early elementary schoolers such as herself, Jongdae has no difficulty recognizing the subject matter.  Staring down at the drawing, Jongdae is shocked to find that his sister has drawn himself and Joonmyun holding hands, smiles on both their faces and uncoordinated pink hearts floating around their heads, literal stars in their eyes.  He knew easily whom each figure represented thanks to MinDae's shaky and childish handwriting labeling them both.  On top of that, the figure that was Jongdae had a sword at his side while the figure that was Joonmyun had on a tiara.

"Oh, uh, wow Minnie Me, this is great," Jongdae stammers out awkwardly.

"I know! You're both so handsome and so I drew you two together! Now you're twice as pretty!"

"But why are we holding hands?"

"He's your boyfriend. You're in love."

"MinDae-yah, where did you get that idea?" Jongdae asks in embarrasment as he squats down to be on level with his sister.

"Becuase yesterday you saved him from those bad guys and in all the movies when the prince saves the princess from the bad guys they fall in love and get married and live happily ever after."

Jongdae puts his head in his hands as he tries to come up with something to say MinDae about how none of that is an accurate portrayal of real life. But as he is contemplating his words, his thoughts are interrupted by MinDae's excited yell.

"Joonmyun Oppa!" She trills and Jongdae's head snaps up quickly in alarm.  Sure enough, there is Joonmyun, looking around wildly for the source of his name being called.

Jongdae scoops MinDae up hurriedly and is about to make his escape when he is all too soon cut off by Joonmyun's approach.

"What do you want, Jongdae?"

"Hey cupcake, how're you feeling?" Jongdae responds, pushing away his lingering embarrassment and playing it cool. Joonmyun expects him to be the cool badboy gangster, and he's not willing to let that mask drop.

"Peachy."

"Joonmyun Oppa!" MinDae calls once again, squirming out of Jongdae's grip to instead grab a hold of Joonmyun's hand. "Oppa, are you okay? You were walking funny." As she pouts up at him, Joonmyun's resolve to be angry weakens and he smiles down at her. Even if she is Jongdae's little sister, she's still cute as a button.

"It's nothing. My ankle hurts, is all."

"You should probably wrap that. You don't want to make it worse by walking around on it too much."

"Thanks for the advice, but it's really not needed." And just like that, Joonmyun's angry face is back in place.

"Relax, cupcake. I just figured as someone who's had a silver spoon in his mouth all his life, you'd have no idea how to take care of your oos."

"Eat a , Jongdae."

"Hey man, watch the language in front of MinDae, okay? Minnie Me, don't listen to Joonmyun Oppa, he's just a little crabby pants."

"Oppa!" MinDae says as sternly as her childish lisp allows her, bracing her fists on her hips and turning to Joonmyun. "That's mean. Say you're sorry right now."

Joonmyun looks flabbergasted as his gaze shifts from MinDae to Jongdae where it takes on a pleading expression.

"Yeah Joonmyun, apologize."

Cornered, Joonmyun does his best to regain his composure. He drops the bewildered look, squares his shoulders, straightens his necktie, and clears his throat into his fist before once again addressing Jongdae.

"Sorry," is all he manages to choke out.

"I'll take it!" Jongdae says, immediately transforming once again into his smiling and charismatic self. "Come on Minnie Me, let's walk Joonmyun Oppa to his house so he doesn't get in any more trouble, okay?"

"Okay!" she agrees immediately, smile back on her face and hand once again nestled in Joonmyun's own.

"That's really not necessary, I can do it myself." Joonmyun protests, though he only half heartedly tries to shake off MinDae.

"Lighten up cupcake, it's no big deal. Let's go."

Joonmyun looks down at MinDae before looking at Jongdae hesitantly once again.

"Lead the way," Jongdae gestures to indicate the path before him. One more moment of hesitation and the three of them are making their way awkwardly towards Joonmyun's house, but not without one final sigh from Joonmyun.

 

A/N:

Hello my dears. Once again I leave you with a short chapter, but I really am disgustingly busy. I should have been working on my paper for Baroque art today, but I just could not for the life of me think of a topic. So instead, I did this.

Please comment because I am vain and egotistical and your comments really do make my day. Every single time without fail I feel a million times better when I read the kind words you all leave for me.

I love you all and hope to write again soon!!