Eight

Straight As and Cigarettes

"What's up, cupcake?" Jongdae inquires jovially as he takes his seat next Joonmyun the next day at class.

Joonmyun shoots him a dirty look before returning to his novel.

"Hey, what's with all the negativity? I thought we had moved past that?" Jongdae pokes Joonmyun's cheek, trying to get his attention back.

"You would be wrong in that assumption." He practically growls, shoving Jongdae's hand away from his face with more force than necessary.

"Seriously?" Jongdae puts on his Sassy Pants. "Is this because you cut your finger while chopping onions? Dude, your finger is fine."

" off, Kim Jongdae."

"Joonmyun - " Unfortunately, Jongdae is unable to finish that thought because their teacher decides that moment is perfect for beginning his lecture.

With a sigh, Jongdae puts his head down on his desk. But, despite how tired he is, he finds himself unable to fall into his usual slumber.

 

At the end of the day as Jongdae is walking out the front door, he sees Joonmyun ahead of him. About to call out, he instead thinks better of it, shoulders drooping as he starts walking to MinDae's school.

"Oppa, where's Joonmyun Oppa?" MinDae asks as she's scooped up into her brother's arms.

"He went home by himself today, Minnie Me."

"Why?"

"He has a lot of homework to do." Jongdae feels bad for lying to his sister, but Joonmyun's moody behaviors are not enough to make him want to trouble her.

MinDae is unusually silent as they make their way back home.  Deciding to cut through his usual alley, Jongdae is shocked to witness the sight before him.

Joonmyun is curled up on the ground, back pressed to the wall, and blood leaking out of the corner of his mouth.

"I thought we told you not to come this way again head. Didn't you learn your lesson last time, you brain?" Xiumin ends his question with a kick square to Joonmyun's chest, eyes alight with malice.

"As if I'm going to let a little gerbil like you boss me around." Joonmyun still has some fight left in him as he spits blood and saliva at Xiumin's feet.

"What did you say to me, er!?" Xiumin's fist comes towards Joonmyun's face at a frightening speed, but to both their surprise, it is intercepted by Jongdae who catches is easily in his own hand.

"Xiumin-ah, it's nice to see you again." Jongdae sings almost joyfully. "You're lookin' good. Have you gotten taller? No?"

Xiumin is fuming as he stares down Jongdae. "Interrupting my business again, are you Chen?" He sneers out, not backing down.

"Well, it's usually considered bad form to just let my classmate's get beat to ." Jongdae shrugs, his posture relaxed.

Stepping closer to appear more threatening, Xiumin responds, "This is my ing alleyway, Chen. I don't want to see you here again."

"Really, your alley? I don't see your name on it."

Xiumin sends a fist flying towards Jongdae's face which he easily doges.

"Are you sure you want to start this, Xiumin-ah?" Jongdae smiles endearingly at him, which only succeeds in furthering his anger. "You've left all your lackeys behind today. Without Kris and Tao backing you up, this is hardly a fair fight."

Another fist comes careening seeminly out of nowhere towards his face. This one he lets land, but as soon as Xiumin has retracted his fist for another punch, Jongdae quickly debilitates him with a series of jabs to his torso. As soon as he's down for the count, Jongdae places a foot hard against his chest, leaning his weight onto it and making it difficult for the smaller male to breathe.

"This is my ing alleyway. Mine." Here, he presses down for added emphasis. "If I see you here again, or if you ever touch one of my classmates again, I will not for a second hesitate to tear you limb from limb and destroy you.

"You may think you're hot because you're the little ringleader of the gang, but need I remind you it was my gang first. You only got the position because I grew bored and stepped down, not through any merit of your own. Those boys are still loyal to me, so remember that the next time you think to challenge me."

Delivering one last kick to Xiumin's ribcage as he lays groaning on the concrete, Jongdae steps over to Joonmyun, who at this point is weak from blood loss. Squatting down, Jongdae grabs one of his legs and the opposite arm before hauling the class president over his shoulder in a fireman's carry.

"Minnie-Me, follow me please." He commands as he begins walking in the direction of Joonmyun's home.

 

 

 

A/N:

Joonmyun is so dumb. When will he ever learn?