Side B

Royal's Tale

There's always another side on a story.

 


 

Kwon Yuri is sporty, competitive, simple, and everyone secretly admire her for that; that includes Jessica Jung. Never the demanding type, but the one always full with dedication on what she’s doing. Jessica for once only wanted one thing, and that is for her to cross path with Kwon Yuri.

 

It was one afternoon on the first week of second semester that Jessica found herself sitting in front of the old piano, located at the abandoned music room on the fourth floor of west wing building. Her gaze locked on the keyboard, and even before she realized what’s happening. Her fingers are already dancing with so much power on the keys, her voice complimenting perfectly on every note she’s hitting.

 

Jessica stopped when she finished the first song. Footsteps can be heard from outside, her heart stopped in a second before she took the courage to stand; going outside the abandoned room before looking for the owner of those footsteps, her heart wildly thumping on her ribcage, lips curved into a thin smile. Jessica leaned her back on the nearest wall. “Kwon Yuri.” She smiled shyly to herself with a blush on her face.

 

Jessica for two months, wonder if she’ll try catching Yuri off guard or not, but then again, she decided to changed her mind when her best friend’s girlfriend with the named Kim Taeyeon, said that Yuri hated the fact that ‘Jessica Jung’ can get whatever she want in just a snap of a finger; Jessica can only shook her head at that statement. “If only, you knew.” Is what she thought.

 

She was annoyed, maybe? Disappointed? Jessica herself doesn’t know how she will express what she feel, but somewhere in her. She know she feel lonely, she decided to sing the song she’d been writing for a long time. “The one like you”, she was supposed to sing that because she’s expecting; Yuri will be outside again, on the side of the door listening to her voice, but she was met with nothing. No footsteps, no Yuri getting down of the stair.

 

Jessica decided to just hang out on the cafeteria, it’s because Tiffany’s girlfriend said that they’re going to eat on the cafeteria too, she was mad at the certain raven haired girl but she couldn’t afford not to see her, she roamed her eyes around with her blank face on, but she didn’t spotted the one she’s looking for; with an annoyed look on her face she talked to the girl sitting near the cafeteria entrance, asking for the seat. The girls scrambled away almost immediately.

 

“Your girl just saw what you did.” Sunny, Jessica’s friend, said in a teasing manner.

 

Jessica decided to shrug it off coolly, she’s mad. Yes, she is. She need to stay co.. Jessica’s breath got stuck on the moment, she saw the woman she’d been thinking, walking towards their direction. She saw her friend’s silly faces from the corner of her eyes.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes mentally when Kwon Yuri merely walked past by their seat without even taking a glance on them. She heard a scoff coming from Hyoyeon but she immediately takes down the latter with a shot of her glare.

 

“Don’t even know why you’re grumpy today.” She heard Tiffany said, though she can perfectly saw the eye smiling girl looking at Yuri’s back.

 

‘Obviously trying to be so loud.’ Jessica sighed.

 

“I was just disappointed. I even save that song for today.” Jessica said, making sure that the woman standing in front of the vending machine can hear everything.

 

Hyoyeon suddenly butted in. “About. What?”

 

“Nothing, Don’t talk to me first, I feel annoyed, I need my sleep.” That’s the last thing Jessica had said before she saw Yuri walking away.

 

A text messaged early in the afternoon broke Jessica’s train of thought. She doesn’t know the reason for such sudden action nevertheless she decided to meet him on the Ice Cream shop near their school. Phone on her hand, Jessica shifted her gaze on the woman who just entered the shop, her eyes turned almost immediately outside when she saw Yuri looking at her seat. Some part on Jessica’s system wanted the tan woman to stay, but the other seemed to be debating the idea. Maybe because the next thing that happened, is the reason for that, Taecyeon entered the ice cream shop, went directly on Jessica’s seat before leaning down; leaving a soft peck on Jessica’s lips without asking for permission. The woman just hoped Yuri didn’t saw that; but she did. She saw Yuri walking out of the shop with an unrecognizable expression on her face.

 

Jessica didn’t agree on the idea of Taecyeon and her, going back together. Taec is a jerk, an and a cheater. She saw that right in front of her eyes, but she didn’t know that the guy will go too far by spreading rumors about them officially going out. She didn’t saw Yuri after all of that, Jessica decided to distanced herself to others, no bullying.. or whatsoever, she let people assumed things, and decided to only hang out with her group of real friends.

 

She’s sad, lonely, she wanted to cry but she can’t because every single time she’ll cross path with Kwon Yuri on the hallway, she always get the feeling of tackling the woman on the ground, kissing her before confessing; but she can’t, and somehow, those brief glances are way more than enough. Jessica endured the 3 weeks of false rumor, and the next day after Taecyeon and her-- so called “break up” she got the feeling that Yuri will be there.

“Someday you're gonna realize
One day you'll see this through my eyes
By then I won't even be there
I'll be happy somewhere even if I cared

I know you don't really see my worth
You think you're the last guy on earth
Well I've got news for you
I know that I'm not that strong
But it won't take long, won't take long

Cause, someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone's gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see I won't even miss you
Someday, someday

Right now I know you can't tell
I'm down and I'm not doing well
But one day these tears, they will all run dry
I won't have to cry sweet goodbye

Cause, someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone's gonna take your place
Oh, one day I'll forget about you
You'll see I won't even miss you
Someday, I know someone's gonna be there

Someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone's gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see I won't even miss you
Someday, someday”

 

 

Maybe, Yuri won’t be there. Maybe, it’s just her who thinks that way. So, she decided to stood up after singing, hand on the door knob.. Tears trickling down her perfect face, her mind was pretty much occupied by the thought that maybe, there really is no way for her and Yuri to be together, it’s just impossible.

 

 Opening the door, she was met by the face of the person she’s been thinking, she was frozen on the spot, she doesn’t know what to do.. not until Kwon Yuri uttered her name, gently. “Jessica Jung”.. It was like music on Jessica’s ear. Like it was the long lost piece that’ll complete her life, regaining her composure, Jessica wiped her tears and left.

 

Eyes are puffy, nose obviously turning pink. Jessica had been crying the whole night, “Karma will get back to you.” Maybe, that really is. Yuri is her karma, maybe--- Jessica mentally groaned when her body collided with someone, she stared back at the person staring at her, and she couldn’t help but get teary once again, without saying anything she her heel; completely walking away.

 

Stopping on her track, Jessica found her wrist locked on Yuri’s hand. She doesn’t have any idea why, why would Yuri hold her like that, it was gentle.. full of care and Jessica couldn’t ask for more. She wanted more, but she know she can’t.. so she tried to break free from the hold, Tears started to trickle down on her face again, and Yuri immediately let go; and when Jessica thought everything was over, Yuri handed her a handkerchief.

 

“Here..”

 

Jessica stayed silent, but she grabbed the handkerchief anyway. “Uhm..” Yuri stuttered, right in front of her. “You’re more beautiful when smiling.”  Jessica looked down, smile plastered on her lips while pink shades obviously covering her whole perfect face.

 

“Thanks.” Jessica muttered softly before hurriedly leaving the scene, she found herself on the wall just in the corner; trying to catch her breath, her heart beating faster on every seconds passing.

 

“I think I’m in love.” Her heart stopped for a moment, her mind trying to process what she just heard. “Am I, too?” Jessica questioned herself, but she already knew the answer even before. She heard footsteps walking away, and that’s when she decided to stop hiding. “Kwon Yuri..” Mustering all the courage on her whole system, standing a few meters away from Yuri, who’s looking at her with surprise expression, Jessica speak again.

 

“Come with me..”

 

Is this what love is?
Does it hurt the more you do it?
The more I get closer to you
My feelings grow bigger
It scares me

Such a precious person to me
That person, who won’t ever come again
That’s it for me, that’s enough
Just the fact that I love you

The one person who can’t see me though I am looking
The one person who can’t hear me though I am calling
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
Just once, please

The only thing I can do is cry but
Like a fool, I am waiting
Please come to me now
Come to me just like this
My last wish is that one person, you

To you, I’m a small person
Just someone you know
That’s it for me, that’s enough
Just the reason of love

The one person who can’t see me though I am looking
The one person who can’t hear me though I am calling
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
Just once, please

That one person, you
You are my only love
My heart can’t let you go
Just as much as I love you
Each minute and each second hurts so much

The one person who appears even when I close my eyes
The person who is next to me even in my dreams
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
I miss you, please

The only thing I can do is cry but
Like a fool, I am waiting
Please come to me now
Come to me just like this

My last wish is that one person, you

(THE ONE LIKE YOU by Jessica Jung)

 

Yuri stared at the person, sitting in front of the piano located at the abandoned music room of the west wing building, hanging wide open. “Why didn’t I think of that?”

 

“I..It was you. You knew it was me?” Yuri stuttered. Jessica stared at her before nodding.

 

“I’m in love with you too.” Jessica said with a smile.

 


 

(A/N : Too lazy to correct my grammar and spelling, maybe will fix it later. Hello, I'm back. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, thanks to my super terrible headache. That's the reason why this update is a bit late. Anyway, I feel really blessed today. I feel happy, although I kinda missed someone. I hope all of you feel the same too, if you have any questions.. or stuff. You can leave a comment or you can simply message me, I will try my best to provide you with an answer, so that's it. Be safe guys! <3 - Raven. )