Side A

Royal's Tale

Love comes unexpectedly; it's like turning your feelings into a lyrics of a music.


 

Jessica Jung is good looking, rich and she’s both girl and guy’s ideal type but she’s also snob, cold, blunt and mean. (That’s what others see her) In short, Yuri doesn’t like her, she hated the idea that in just a snap of her finger; Jessica Jung can get what she wants, that is why Yuri promised to herself to never cross path with that woman.

 

It was one afternoon on the first week of second semester that Yuri found herself loving the idea to go to school 10 minutes earlier than the class time. There’s not much of a reason in particular, it just so happened that when she was walking lazily towards the rooftop because she woke up early, she heard an angelic voice singing on the abandoned music room on the fourth floor of west wing building, that sounded so creepy but it was soothing to her ear so instead of getting totally creep out, Yuri decided to check on the room, as quiet and secretly as possible. She can only see the woman’s finger running with so much power on the keys, and she can only hear the sound of the woman’s soothing and angelic voice but that is more than enough for Kwon Yuri to assume how beautiful the woman looks.

 

It had been two months since Yuri started her routine of stalking that particular someone, but she decided to not do something that might make the latter to stop coming from the abandoned music room, so even with so much curiousity. Yuri decided to set aside the idea of leaving a note in the morning for the woman to read.

 

It was Wednesday morning, and Yuri was late. She totally blamed her stupid alarm clock for that. Taeyeon, her best friend ever since, kicked her legs in the middle of their History class. Turning to the shorty with a glare, Yuri mouthed “What?” which Taeyeon answered back with, “What happened to you?” Yuri only mouthed “Later.” after that

 

Kwon Yuri plops her head on the table the moment she sat down on their seat on the cafeteria, annoyance written all over her face that Kim Taeyeon couldn’t help not to ignore it. “What’s wrong with you, really?” Yuri frowned. “Nothing.” She said, sulking after. Taeyeon mentally facepalmed herself for having an 18 years old best friend who acts like , Taeyeon shook her head and was about to speak again when she saw Jessica Jung, entering the cafeteria. She looks pissed, and it scared the hell out of the midget, even though she doesn’t really know Jessica Jung personally. An audible “oh ” escaped her lips that made Yuri looked up. Looking at where her best friend was looking, Yuri saw Jessica Jung, near the entrance of cafeteria, looking all like she’s walking in a runway but with an annoyed expression.

 

A sound of heart beating bothered Yuri’s way of thinking, she never once find Jessica attractive, in fact. She doesn’t like the idea that the woman is a bully, but with her heart beating non-stop at the sight of Jessica Jung, she’s more than confused.  A scoffed then leaves Yuri’s mouth when she saw Jessica, talking to a group of girls sitting on the table, in a minute. Those girls scramble away and Jessica took the seat with her friends. Yuri shook her head before standing up, Taeyeon looked up. “Fresh air.” Answered Yuri, walking outside the cafeteria, leaving Taeyeon on the table, stopping on the vending machine near Jessica’s seat, before buying herself a drink. She doesn’t like the idea of eavesdropping but, Jessica and her group of friends is talking in such a loud tone.

 

“Don’t even know why you’re grumpy today.”

 

“I was just disappointed. I even save that song for today.”

 

“About. What?”

 

“Nothing, Don’t talk to me first, I feel annoyed, I need my sleep.” That’s the last thing she heard from Jessica before Yuri decided to walk away.

 

Yuri decided to drop buy in an Ice cream shop after their basketball practice, Taeyeon her best friend was nowhere to be found, she’s most probably with her secret lover, Yuri thought. That’s why, having no one to hang out with, she decided to just go to the ice cream shop alone.

 

The moment Yuri entered the Ice cream shop, she already noticed an auburn haired girl, sitting on the corner seat, holding a phone on hand while looking outside the window. “Isn’t it a bit late for her to be hanging around the ice cream shop?” Yuri thought before shrugging, going to the counter to order a salted caramel ice cream. She doesn’t really want to stay, but she’s feeling pain all over her body so she decided to just stay on the shop then finish her ice cream there, but part of her wanted to stay because Jessica Jung was there. “Hell! No.” Denied Yuri to herself.

 

A couple of minutes passed, a tall, good looking guy entered the place, ‘Taec?’ Yuri shook her head, trying to disregard all the thought that has a connection with Jessica Jung, seeing Taecyeon leaning down to leave a soft peck on Jessica’s lips is way more than a big proof that the two are dating. Yuri felt her heart tightened at the sight; that she suddenly lost an appetite, for some reason, the ice cream she bought doesn’t seem to taste good like how it looks. She took a glance on the ice cream she didn’t finish; standing up, before leaving the shop.

 

Yuri didn’t drop by at the abandoned music room, the moment she heard on the nosy student’s on the campus about Jessica officially going out with Ok Taecyeon. She doesn’t know why, the attention she’d been giving to Jessica Jung makes her feel annoyed to herself, she doesn’t even know why her heart beats fast whenever they walked past by each other, they didn’t, more like, never share a conversation with one another, just a brief glance maybe. Though, Yuri found it odd that she’s not hearing anything negative about Jessica Jung, after that one time when a rumor about Taecyeon cheating on her broke down. That was 3 weeks after the two officially dated. After that day, Yuri decided to drop by at the music room again. She didn’t even know why she suddenly get the feeling to go there.

 

“Someday you're gonna realize
One day you'll see this through my eyes
By then I won't even be there
I'll be happy somewhere even if I cared

I know you don't really see my worth
You think you're the last guy on earth
Well I've got news for you
I know that I'm not that strong
But it won't take long, won't take long

Cause, someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone's gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see I won't even miss you
Someday, someday

Right now I know you can't tell
I'm down and I'm not doing well
But one day these tears, they will all run dry
I won't have to cry sweet goodbye

Cause, someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone's gonna take your place
Oh, one day I'll forget about you
You'll see I won't even miss you
Someday, I know someone's gonna be there

Someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone's gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see I won't even miss you
Someday, someday”

 

Yuri stood outside the door, hearing that voice again after a couple of weeks; listening on how heartbroken the woman inside was singing, the way the piano compliments with her voice. Yuri swear she wanted nothing but to open the door, but it feels like something was holding her back, thoughts running on the back her mind.

 

“You ready to see her?”

 

“What are you going to do if you see her?”

 

“Can you really do it?”

 

But even before Yuri can decide on what she’s going to do, the door burst open and Yuri found herself staring at the person she least expected to be behind that door.

 

“Jessica Jung.” As the name escaped Yuri’s mouth, Jessica broke their connected gaze, she started wiping off her tears before leaving the place, and it took Yuri a moment to figure out everything that happened.

 

Yuri’s gaze was locked on the ceiling, her head resting on her arms, she was in deep thought. Remembering every single thing that happened on the past few months involving Jessica Jung, a sighed escaped her lips as she started gathering everything on her mind.

 

‘Her voice’

‘The way she puts on an annoyed face.’

‘Her vulnerable side’

‘Her face’

‘F..face.’

 

“Aish! this! Why does her face need to show up every single seconds.”

 

Yuri ruffled her hair, changing her position to a sitting one, a minute after she shouted. She heard her brother shouted from outside her room. “Someone is in love.” She heard her dad and brother laughing after that.

 

Yuri bumped into Jessica Jung the next day at the hallway, her eyes are puffy and it is obviously because she’d been crying. Jessica stares at her, and Yuri stared back, and as she saw tears forming on Jessica’s eyes again before walking away, Yuri unconsciously followed, grabbing Jessica’s wrist gently to stop the latter on her track. Yuri got a second to admire how smooth Jessica’s skin is, but she soon set aside the thought when Jessica turned around, trying to break free from the grip, while tears falling down freely on her eyes.

 

“Here.” Yuri removed her hands on Jessica’s wrist before handing her handkerchief. “Uhm..” She stuttered while trying to find the right word to say, “You’re more beautiful when smiling.” Blood rushed on Yuri’s face, why she uttered those words, she had no idea.

 

She turned her gaze back to Jessica, only to see the latter hanging her head low, “Thanks.” She heard Jessica muttered softly before leaving. Yuri was thankful, because her heart was still beating faster in every second passing.

 

“I think I’m in love.” Yuri uttered as she remembered that one line Han said on the movie Fast and Furious 5. She can only shook her head as blush rushed towards her face.

 

Jessica was on the corner, hiding behind the wall, blushing madly while clutching Yuri’s handkerchief close to her chest. “Am I, too?” She said to herself.

 


 

(A/N : Obviously, there's a side b for this. Hello, how are you everyone? It's been a while isn't it? I'm back again. Dedicating this fic to my "Superfangirl",[ Hi Jai! You must be sleeping now, hope you'll get a chance to read it tomorrow. ] and to everyone, who's still around.. Enjoy reading! Thank you guys! <3)