Five

What If
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Kim Nam Joo. I realize that my life was already complete, I have my amazing parent, charismatic brother, my best friend and a handsome boyfriend; when I look at these people I never get bored of them, I’m used to it.

Then everything was taken away from me and this is my story.

 

 

This Happened:

Christmas finally came. I was wearing two clothes inside my gigantic winter jacket and mother's thick winter jeans. Everything was heavy; it took time for me to walk myself to the car. Kai helped father removing the frozen snow on the car’s front tires. “Need any help?”  I asked.

Kai opened his mouth but father answered, “No need, sweet heart”

I noticed that Father didn’t wear double clothes and his winter jacket was already old and looked thin. “Today is a bit cold” I asserted.

But no one respond to me.  They were too busy focusing about the ice.

I took out my phone and saw a message from DO. I slide to open message.    

‘Namjoo, Merry Christmas.

I’ll be back to Korea this

Wednesday and bring you lots of present. I love you’

My smile popped out as I read, ‘I love you’

Crack! The car tires are finally ice-free.

“Okay, we’re ready to go” said Father.

 

I pressed my forehead against the passenger-side window and let my eyes slip over the big skyscrapers past me. The city looked pale and sad today; it wasn’t excited as I ’am going to my grandparent on my dad side. Kai was sitting next to me with his headphone on since he doesn’t like the song that my mom put on into the stereo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter