Two

What If
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai and I went home straight away after he packed his school bag. I don't want to talk to Kai, at this time he was annoying (always does) and I don't even have a chance to talk back. After a small quick deep breath he just continues muttering about the incident. 

I had spent so much time thinking about what it would be like to finally come home and how much I missed my Buttercup; the red piano located in the living room. Buttercup belongs to the family, my mother's grandfather actually and now it's mine. My mother doesn't like the piano, she think it's an instrument that makes people fall asleep. She preferred drum and bass. My great-grandfather put my mother to sleep by playing her Canon in D - Johann Pachelbel.   

As I walked in the house, I didn't greet my mother or my father instead I lead myself to the piano and started to play The Piano Sonata No. 16 in C major, K. 545 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

My fingers move crazily in a good way. No. Better. Way.

Kirin Art School has rejected me for three times. I practiced a lot and they still won't accept me. In every audition they would always told me, "No. NEXT!!!" no motivation, no support, no nothing.

I was better; my fingers weren't even shaking at that time. People said that I deserve to go to Julliard but unfortunately my family weren't that rich to send me there and we can't afford a good place there to stay since the rent was high. And my mother doesn’t want me to be far away from home. But I'm not a giver; I won't give up until I get to study about music at Kirin Art School. My dream is there. I have to accomplish it.

Then I pressed the last key note harshly making it sound different and ugly. Wrong, wrong, wrong, you'll never be perfect. 

I let out a long sighed.

Kai clapped his hands enthusiastically, "Marvellous" 

"You know nothing" I said in a low calm voice.

"Sweet heart, we may not know anything about these chords of a piano. We are the audience that have a good sense of listening and we know that you played

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter