Chapter 2

Why?

 

 

 

 

 

 

2ne1 and Bigbang attend constant rehearsal for the near YG Family concert. They will do a solo performance and their group's songs. They do not practice together. 2ne1 practices during the day while Big Bang practices during the night.

 

 

 

"oh, Dara-shii. What are you doing here?" Ji Yong quickly straightened up as he saw Dara entered Teddy's studio.

 

 

 

"I--I'll just get the lyrics of 2ne1's new song." she answered quickly. She's feeling uncomfortable being with him. She made her pace faster and after she got the lyics, she left without saying a word. Ji Yong sighed.

 

 

 

This is the total opposite of what they were before. Before when Dara was still a trainee, you'll always see them together. It's as if there are magnets on their bodies that can't make the two repel. They are bestfriends.

 

 

 

Ji Yong was taken aback when he felt someone sat beside him.

 

 

 

"I saw Dara making her out of here." Yb told him. "She has this face" He immitated how devastated-looking dara's face awhile ago that she wasn't even able to notice him passing by her.

 

 

 

"Tell me Ji, what happened?" he asked.

 

 

 

"Nothing happened. As in nothing. I just asked her what she's doing here and she just answered me then left."

 

 

 

"You didn't even prolong the conversation?"

 

 

 

"No, and it seems she doesn't really want to talk to me."

 

 

 

"Until when will you continue being a coward? I can't believe you're G-dragon."

 

 

 

 

"Aiiisht. Bae, You exactly know what will happen if I get close to her like the way we are before."

 

 

 

"What? Rumors will spread and it will be a career suicide? Oh Ji, I've heard that alot of times from you. Stop using that as a reason. You act comfortably with CL on cam, teases Bom on-cam, plays with Minji on cam when in fact you don't really do that often off-cam. And mind you, ignoring Dara is likewise very obvious on-cam. For Pete's sake, you're not even a couple! You know, you're hurting Dara. You used to be the one always beside her."

 

 

 

 

"Youngbae, I love Dara and you know that."

 

 

 

 

"I know you do."

 

 

 

"If my feelings get stronger, I may not be able to control it anymore. I'm afraid I can't stop myself from showing I care for Dara on-cam. I’m afraid that many of my fan girls would hurt her. But I'm grateful applers are there to support me."

 

 

 

"By the way, I asked Bom if she notices Dara opening the applers' forum. And she said no and she doesn't know it. She also told me that Dara opens only 3 websites. Oh Dara, Me2day, and Minihompy. She's afraid to research her own name coz she might see negative comments and criticisms about her."

 

 

 

 

"That's good to hear. Aigooo, I don't know what I'll do if she sees ryelsiappler7's youtube videos. We might grow more awkward with each other. And I don't want that to happen."

 

 

 

--[FlashBack]--

 

Ji Yong just arrived in YG building. He got a call from YG. It has been a week since Global Gathering 2010 event happened. He casually went inside YG's office and slumped himself on the chair.

 

 

 

"What do you want to talk about?" he asks YG who is currently busy with his laptop.

 

 

 

"Your closeness.." YG answered sternly, without looking at him.

 

 

 

"With whom? Youngbae? Oh God YG-hyung. I've had enough of rumors saying I'm gay and has a relationship with Young Bae. For Pete's sake, where the hell did they---"

 

 

 

"With Dara."

 

 

 

Ji Yong stopped talking as his face crumpled like a paper. "What about our closeness?"

 

 

 

"You know how close you are Ji Yong. People are starting to get curious what's the real score between the two of you. Look at this..." YG face the laptop to him.

 

 

 

He showed the website where the Dara + Gdragon shippers unite and write their investigations and new findings. He gave Ji Yong time to read. After reading a page, Ji Yong fell silent and looked down, waiting for YG to say something.

 

 

 

"I know how much you love her. From your songs way back in 2005 and upto the song Butterfly. Every love song has connection with her, Ji." Yg said.

 

 

 

"but hyung.." Ji Yong tries to say something but YG cut him off.

 

 

 

"Ji Yong, I'm not asking you to stay away from Dara because I know you'd rather die than to do that. All I want for you to do is to not show any concern or closeness with her ON-CAM."

 

 

 

"Hyung...." he tried to convince YG.

 

 

 

"That's an order. It will be for the good of the both of you."

 

 

 

After that meeting, Ji Yong got frustrated. He cannot show his closeness with Dara on-cam, but hell, the pd of 2ne1 TV is always with 2ne1.How the effin' hell can he talk to her and explain everything?

 

 

 

It's been weeks since she and Ji Yong last talked. They have short conversations, VERY SHORT. She has busy schedules and every time she has a free schedule, Ji Yong is busy. They never had a chance to talk like the way they do.

 

 

 

She feels Ji Yong wants to distance himself from her. She can feel it. Ji Yong, on the other hand, likewise wants to talk with her but he can't.

 

 

 

Days to weeks, weeks to months. Ji Yong and Dara had this large barrier in between that they never thought could ever be built

 

 

 

Nevertheless, Ji Yong never skipped a day without checking the new investigations of Daragon-shippers.

 

 

[end of flashback]

 

 

He didn't notice YB had left the room for quite some time already. "Dara, I want the old us." he uttered silently.

 

 

 

The door banged open. "Hyun, Dara-noona was rushed in the hospital!" Daesung said between his heavy breathing.

 


 

a/n: yup, it's a short chap.