Chapter 3

Why?

 

 

 

 

"Doctor, is she okay now?" Ji Yong asked the man in white suit. He was dead-worried to Dara. He was unmindful of the beads of sweat forming on his forehead, waiting impatiently for the doctor to come out. He was the only who stayed. CL, Bom, Minzy, Dae, Seungri, Youngbae, and TOP still have to rehearse as well as se7en, gummy and the others. The other staffs stayed but Ji Yong asked them to leave and he'll take care of everything. The staffs complied. They know Ji Yong and Dara should've time to fix their problem.

 

 

 

"Yes, she's okay. There's nothing to worry about. She's been over exhausted these past days and ate a little amount. Her body is weak, that's why this happened. By the way, you don't also have to worry. There is no media here." the doctor informed him. He sighed in relief and went inside the room.

 

 

 

Dara is lying on the bed. He got a chair and sat beside her.

 

 

 

"Sorry" he said as he held Dara's hand and sooner fell asleep.

 

 

 

The next morning, Dara woke up. She's feeling better than yesterday. The rays of sunlight blinded her. She was about to cover her eyes when she felt something heavy on top of her hand. hung open as she saw what it is. Ji Yong’s head is on top of her bed and holding her hand. She missed this; the warmth of his hand. She sat up, without breaking the attachment of their hands. She just looks at him sleeping. if this is the scene she'll see after waking up in the hospital, then she'd rather be hospitalized forever.

 

 

 

She accidentally moved her hand, which made ji wake up. Dara quickly removed her hand with his and pretend she’s staring blankly at the windows.

 

 

 

“You’re awake.” She managed to say as ji rubs his eyes. “Err, good morning.” She added.

 

 

 

He looked at her seriously and sighed. “What’s good in the morning if we’re here in the hospital because you’re sick?”

 

 

 

Her eyebrows furrowed. “If you don’t want to stay with me, you should have left last night.”

 

 

 

“Dara-shii, you misunderstood what I said…” he explained. “I… I just don’t want you sick. Please, get well soon. That’s what I mean.”

 

 

 

Silence filled the room. “There are many things I want to talk about with you, that’s why I volunteered to stay here.”

 

 

 

“Say it to me now.”

 

 

 

“Dara… You know… err…”

 

 

 

Dara manages to stay calm, when indeed, her heart is excited and at the same time scared with what he’s about to say.

 

 

 

“Alright, you’re wasting time Ji. If you can’t say it in count of three, I’ll say mine first.”

 

 

 

Ji Yong heaved a sigh and gathered enough courage to explain. But, his voice seems don’t want to come out.

 

 

 

“Dara-shiii.. I… just want…”

 

 

 

“1 …. 2…… 3……….. Times up”

 

 

 

Ji Yong was not able to say his explanation. He heaved another sigh, “Alright, what are you going to say? I think we are about to say same thing.”

 

 

 

“Ohh… so you’re about to say that you’re hungry too…” Dara said to Ji Yong, totally drifting the topic.

 

 

 

He was about to say ‘no’ when Dara hushed him. “I’m hungry.”

 

 

 

He was defeated. He stood up and told her he’ll be back in less than an hour. The moment he had reached out the door, he took a deep sigh for the nth time. He doesn’t know how to explain things to her. Why was their friendship ruined and why did he start ignoring her. Probably because he knows that, when he explain everything to her, he has no choice but to confess at the same time. And he doesn’t know how.

 

 

 

She too did sigh. She was about to ask him how everything got messed up and why did he start ignoring her. She’s not feeling right now and the thing he might tell her may depress and shock her. And of course, she’s afraid to talk to him for a long time. Certainly because of one reason: she’s afraid she might confess to him out of the blue.

 

 

 

Hours later, Ji Yong came back, bringing with him a crab marinated in soy sauce. He asked Dara to sit up, without letting their eyes meet.

 

 

 

 

“Oh” was all Dara managed to utter as he saw her brought her. So he can still remember my favorite, huh? She thought.

 

 

 

“C-can you…?” he asked her. He showed him the spoon, wanting to know if she can feed herself. Dara, afraid to talk to him, just nodded. She grabbed the spoon and tried feeding herself.

 

 

 

He saw her hand trembling. “Stop. Just.. just let me.” Without getting Dara’s answer, he immediately snatched the spoon from her. She gasped at his sudden movement.

 

 

 

 

“I- can feed myself.” She tries to get the spoon back when it suddenly went in , full with food.

 

 

 

She has no choice but to chew the food. He just looked at her, eating. The room was filled with another round of deafening silence.

 

 

 

After she ate, Ji Yong gave her water. “You will be discharged later. It’s nothing serious, the doctor said a while ago.”

 

 

 

She nodded for the nth time with a frown. Ji Yong lightly massaged his temples, feeling disappointments and stress at the same time. He’s confused. He doesn’t know if this is the right time to talk to her about what happened to their perfect ‘friendship’.

 

 

 

“Dara-yah…”

 

 

 

She heard it. As much as she wants to face and talk to him, she tries not to move. He waits for her to answer or simply just hum, but she didn’t. He sighed and advanced towards the bed.

 

 

 

“Da---” she cut him off.

 

 

 

“JiYong-dongsaeng, are you going to say you’re hungry? I know you’re still not eating. You can eat now. I need to rest, right?” she said without looking at him and lay down with her face covered with blanket.

 

 

 

Ji Yong sighed silently. How can he talk to her if she doesn’t want to talk to him? She’s wasting every second of

this prefect time for him to explain.

 

 

 

“Dara, they’re on their way here. I’ll go now. Sleep tight.” He said as he banged the door.

 

 

 

Beneath the blanket, her tears are now flowing. She bit her lips so he wouldn’t hear her sobs.

 

 

 

He’s now on the ground floor. But Dara, still is sulking. How can their perfect friendship turned out to be like this?

 

 

 

Minutes later, 2ne1 and Bigbang (except Ji Yong) arrived. They brought her fruits and snacks. Dara quickly wipe her tears using the back of her hands.

 

 

 

“Unnie!!” Minji shouted as she went near her. Dara sat up and smiled at them. The room that was filled with murmurs fell silent.

 

 

 

“Noona.. were you crying?” Seunghyun asked. Dara shook her head. “Too much of sleep, that’s why.”

 

 

 

“Ohhh..” they chorused. “You got me so worried. I thought you were crying!” Bom said as she hugs her bestfriend.

 

 

 

 

Dara was unaware of one pair of eyes scrutinizing her. Youngbae knows more of what she knows.

 

 

 

 

Not before the sun has set, Dara was discharged. She’s feeling better now.

 

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

 

Hours after we went back from our apartment, they left for practice. They asked me to rest first after being discharged from the hospital.

 

 

 

I positioned the laptop on my bed as I lie on my stomach. I was thinking of updating my me2day and inform them that I am now already feeling well. But Blackjacks might be sleeping by now so I'll just post it tomorrow at morning. It's fun sharing my pictures to them. A cam- star. keke~

 

 

 

I checked HIS me2day but, he didn't update. HE seldom updates HIS me2day. But what got me intrigue is that every

time he updates, it's only hours after I update. Then, what happened a while ago flashed back on my mind. I know I acted so different. I was too stiff, holding back. Why can’t I just tell him I am near losing my sanity since everything was messed up. I sighed. I do not know until when will we act as if we’re not best friends before.

 

 

 

I went to youtube.com and watch our music videos again and again. I only got few lines in our songs, I admit. I'm the weakest 2ne1 member and I know that. But as they say, perfect makes perfect.

 

 

 

After watching all our music videos, I felt sleepy. I think about something for a while...

 

 

 

What will I see if I search my name?...

 

 

 

The truth is, even though 2ne1 has been born for 1 year already, I haven't typed nor searched my name here in

youtube. It's just that...I'm afraid to see videos made by my antis. I'd be hurt if I see those. HE just informed me BEFORE about those anti sandara park videos and when I heard about it, I was afraid to see those.

 

 

 

Maybe it's time...

 

 

 

Good thing my members are not here. I'm sure they'll scold me if they caught me watching anti-dara park video. keke~ Even if I'm the 2nd oldest in the group, they treat me like I'm the maknae.

 

 

 

I deeply sighed as I readied myself for what will be the results if I type my name. I typed Sandara Park and 'enter'. There are too many results.. I closed my eyes and click randomly. I opened my eyes and see the title of the video. "Daragon"

 

 

 

What the hell is Daragon?

 

 

 

The video started. The first few pictures are just selcas of my face. But.. After my pictures, i was shocked when HIS solo pictures were at the video too. I blushed as I watch the video. It was just a video of our pictures. But why only the two of us? I blush even more at the idea. I shook my head. Don't blush, Dara! I read the comments..

 

 

 

"Daragon for the win!"

 

 

 

"Daragon is real!"

 

 

"Dara + Gdragon = Daragon"

 

 

 

“TOP-BOM is better!!”

 

 

 

"I'll forever ship this pair!"

 

 

And so many positive comments about us as a couple. My cheeks got redder and redder as I read the comments.

 

 

"Applers for the win!"

 

 

 

"What the! They don't look good together! Gdragon is mine! Boo Sandara Park!"

 

 

 

Oh, a fan girl of Gdragon is my anti. I bitterly smile. It's okay, Dara. It's normal to have a hater. I continued reading the other comments.

 

 

 

"Become an appler! visit the Daragon Thread!! www.daragon-hideout.com"

 

 

 

After reading that particular comment, I immediately went to the said link. Since I am not a newbie in forums, it was easy for me to get in that "spazz with applers" thread. I signed up then logged in as "koreana1112" just like in my PEX. When I got in the daragon thread, a long list is the one that surprised me.

 

(a/n: Actually, on DGH, you can’t enter the MAIN SPAZZ THREAD unless you already have 50 posts. But here it’s not. LOL.  Moving on….)

 

 

 

Is this for real?..

 

 

 

I gulp, afraid to read the comments. But there's someone who has the signature "Daragon is REAL" .

 

 

 

I sighed. Yeah right, REAL -- A word that will NEVER be with SANDARA PARK and KWON JI YONG or DARAGON for short.

 



 

a/n: Last update for today. Will be posting the other chapters on the next days. Please leave a comment!

Check out my other fan fictions <3 

Teach Me How To Dougie http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/81625/teach-me-how-to-dougie-dara-daragon

Secret Admirer http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/82660

3 Things http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/82658/3-things-daragon

You Thought Wrong (On-Going) http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/81354/you-thought-wrong-dara-daragon-gdragon-romance-topbom-ygent