Chapter 6

Starstruck

Becky wanted to hit herself in the face for  not noticing BEAST, this was so embarrassing. She glanced at Havva, she gave Becky an expression that Becky knew well which meant she was all on her own.

“Episode three, when you’re making the music video for Mystery.”

“That is a good one, I think I looked the best in that one.” Said Yoseob complementing himself.

“But I was the true star of that one.” Pointed out Dongwoon.

“Oppa are we going to have dinner or are you going to leave us starving?” said Becky in English.

“Right, I did promise you dinner on me tonight. But I want my coffee back.”

“Nope,” said Becky taking a big gulp from his cup, “not happening.”

“Unnie,” nudged Havva still glancing at the boys, “you’re making this awkward lets just go.”

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow for the shoot, we can discuss this more then.” Said Randy getting up.

“Of course,” said Doojoon, “have a good time.”

“Alright come on Babies, I guess it’s time to feed you.”

            The girls bowed politely to BEAST and then followed Randy out of the café, Becky purposely left Randy’s drink on the table with the boys. If Randy wanted coffee he was going to have to wait until they got home.  It was only a ten minute ride in Randy’s car to get to the restaurant. He must of come to it a lot because the receptionist knew Randy and soon they were escorted to a nice seat by the window looking over the Han River. Randy ordered for the girls assuring them he knew what was good here and what they’d like. As they ate their late dinner the conversation started with work and Randy wanting to know how it was and if the girls made any friends among their coworkers.

“So how come you didn’t tell us about BEAST’s special event?” asked Havva

“Yeah, you must of known about it.” Added Becky

“I did, but it was a secrete so I couldn’t say anything. You two are going to enter to go right?”

“Would be fans if we didn’t?” remarked Havva

“But we’ve got one in a million chances of being picked.”

“Well perhaps you will be lucky this time.”

“When I have ever been lucky?” sighed Becky

“Hey, you got to come to Korea because of me, isn’t that lucky?” teased Randy

“That’s not lucky that’s fate. You’re my brother of course I would come to see you even if it wasn’t this year.”

            Meanwhile BEAST had left the café too. Yoseob and Junhyung had headed back to Cube to get some work done while the other members went to get a workout down before they went home for the day. Even with their busy schedule the boys tried to work out everyday to keep them fit and have plenty of stamina. It was around one when all six of the members were  back at the dorm. Kikwang and Doojoon were waiting for the shower to open up so they the TV but eventually they started talking.

“Don’t you think Randy’s sister and friend are cute.” Remarked Doojoon

“Becky and Havva? I suppose,” said Kikwang, “I think it’s funny that Becky is all tough in front of her brother but the moment she notices us she is all shy and week.”

“I don’t think it’s us she’s shy about, I’ve seen her sneak glances at you. I think shy is a big fan of yours.”

“Havva’s the same way, I swear she spots you first and then notices the rest of us.” Said Kikwang

“Wouldn’t it be funny if both of them ended up getting picked for the fan event in two weeks?”

“It would be interesting, I’d say that.” Said Kikwang.

            A couple days later the winners of the amazing fan event for BEAST were going to be announced and whoever won was going to receive a text telling them along with when and where to show up for the event. Both Havva and Becky where working that day. Normally they only had one shift but that day the girls had a double shift which meant that it was going to be a very long day. Havva in particular was on pins and needles all the day. Every time her phone buzz or rang she jumped and took a look at it as soon as she could, hoping it was from CUBE letting her know that she’d been picked for the fan event.

“You’re awful jumpy today, you waiting for a call from a boyfriend?” asked Lee Shin, Havva’s coworker, peaking over her shoulder when she glanced at her cell again.

“No, I don’t have a boyfriend.” Snapped Havva

“Aw that’s right isn’t the results for who gets to attend BEAST’s fan meeting coming out today?”

“Yep, did you put your name in for it too?”

“Of course, but if you’re going to be there I’d rather not go. You go a little crazy whenever you see or hear anything related to BEAST especially Doojoon.” Said Lee Shin with a smile on his face

“Uh Aw, I don’t do that, you like Doojoon too so how are you any different than me?”

“I don’t go crazy and squeal every time Doojoon does something funny or cute on TV or when I find a good picture.”

Just then Havva’s phone beeped, she’d gotten a text. She glanced at her phone, she was on break between her shifts at the moment so she could take a look.  She opened up the text and Havva almost dropped her phone, she squealed so loud that Lee Shin had to cover his ears.

“I take it you are one of the lucky ten.”  Said Lee Shin carefully taking his hands away from his ears.

“Yep, I hope Becky got picked too, it would be sad if it was just me.”

A moment later Becky texted Havva to let her know that she got picked for the event. The girls were so happy that they’d both gotten picked for the event, they agreed to celebrate after work. Havva agreed to meet Becky after work her work. During the rest of her shift Lee Shin kept teasing Havva about how happy she was and telling her that is if she wasn’t careful she could end up making a fool of herself in front of BEAST, to which Havva replied she already had on her second day in Korea. Of course then Lee Shin insisted on known the details but Havva refused to tell him and at the end of Havva’s shift he still didn’t know anything about her incident with BEAST.

“Wait how can you be twenty-three and never dated before?” asked Chan Young as Becky clocked out.

“Mmm, lets see an over protective brother, a mom that wants me to stay focused on my studies  and bad experience with a few guys. That’s how wae?”

“Oh no don’t get her started on guys, you don’t want to hear it. She’ll go on and on for hours.” Said Havva walking into the bar and restaurant that Becky worked at.

“Please tell me you’ve dated before.” Said Chan young

“Of course, my last relationship lasted a year. You ready Becky?”

“Yep, I’ll see you tomorrow Chan Young.”

“Bye girls have fun!” said Chan Young waving as the girls left.

            The girls went out to grab ice cream, they hadn’t been to an ice cream parlor in ages and there was one nearby that was open late.  As they sat and ate their ice cream the girls talk about BEAST. Of course whenever they talked about BEAST they couldn’t escape their continues argument of who was more manly or better looking between Doojoon and Kikwang. It was an argument that the two of them often had, even though Becky did admit that Doojoon was more on the handsome side but she still though Kikwang was way cuter and manlier.  After that they moved onto discussing which was a better song, “Shadow”, “How to Love”  or BEAST’s newest song, “Midnight.” Havva argued that “Midnight was the better of the three, where as Becky liked the more mellow ballad “How to Love” that showcased the boys voices.

“You two still arguing?” said Randy as the girls got home, “What is it this time Doojoon cuter than Kikwang?”

“No, and we’re not arguing oppa, we’re discussing, it’s called discussing.” Pointed out Becky

“And it’s not about how cute they are, tonight we’re talking about which of their three most recent songs are the best.”

“Oh Shadow, that’s the good one.” Said Randy

“Well looks like we all have an opinion.”  Said Havva

            The next few weeks the girls were busy with work. It was the middle of July now in Korea and it was hot, hotter than the girls were used to but they enjoyed their work. Havva had the pleasure of working inside with air conditioning. Becky’s job was partly outside and partly indoors. Thankfully for Becky she worked in the kitchen so there was air conditioning but it was still hot in the kitchen. She loved working with all the guys they were fun and even with all the teasing they got along very well. The same was for Havva, how they both ended up in jobs with mostly guy employees and ones that loved to tease. By the time they got off in the evening it had cooled down a little which made things easier. The girls took a round about way back home walking along the Han river where there was a nice breeze. It was the night before the big fan event with BEAST. The girls were up late talking and trying to find the perfect outfit to wear to the event. Both the girls had managed to get the afternoon off from work. But they had to be in at eight. At three the girls quickly got dressed for a late lunch/ dinner with BEAST.  The girls had decided to go casual, both wearing a pair of shorts Havva’s were a dark washed jeans with a bright pink top that had an open butterfly design on the back. Becky’s outfit was white kakis with a deep blue tank top and a checkered fedora  

            When the girls were finally ready to leave they were running late, Randy was home for a minute so he drove them as far as he could and then the girls practically ran the rest of the way. As they arrived at the park were the event was it took them a little while to find the exact location. Eventually they found it, the spot was a little secluded so they had some privacy but plenty of room to have picnic and to kick a ball around. The other picked fans were there as well as two of BEAST’s managers who were there to check that only the picked fans joined them. After the girls had shown their text messages that they’d got from CUBE they were allowed to join the group. Less than ten minutes later BEAST arrived carrying a few picnic baskets, a water melon and of course, a soccer ball and Frisbee.