Chapter 3

Starstruck

“Becky?” said Randy when she went silent.

“Call me when you are on your way home.” She said and then hung up.

“You’re dongsaeng sounds angry.” Said Dongwoon

“She’s worried that’s all. The last time I didn’t make it home on time I was in a big accident so ever since if I don’t call and tell her I’m going to be late or don’t get home on time she worries.” Smiled Randy.

 

“What is it? What did Randy say? Is he alright?” asked Havva

Becky had suddenly hung up on Randy and had suddenly stopped yelling at him. Something had happened.

“I am pretty sure that Hyunseung heard me yelling at Randy.” She said looking at Havva wide eyed.

“Not BEAST’s Hyunseung?”

“I think it was, I think he’s treating them to dinner tonight.”

Havva laughed, “That means that Kikwang could’ve heard you too!”

Becky put her fingers in her ears, “no I’m not listening, no Kikwang didn’t hear me lalalalala!”

Havva couldn’t stop laughing. Every time guys heard Becky yell for the first time they always were rather startled and when she yelled at Randy it was even more surprising to them because most of them had never seen a girl act like that towards their brother. Becky’s slightly strong personality had often got her in trouble and had been the reason she’d broken up with her first and last boyfriend. At eight thirty Becky got a call from Randy telling her that he was on his way home.  Havva a program to watch, Becky joined her but kept checking the time making sure that Randy wasn’t taking so long. Fifteen minutes later he walked through the door.

“Don’t do that again, you scared me half to death!” said Becky hitting him in the arm.

Randy laughed, “I’m sorry I wont. You sure you weren’t scared because BEAST heard you yelling at me?”

Becky blushed slightly, “no it’s because you didn’t’ call that’s why silly.”

“Oh I don’t know you’re face tells me differently.” He said teasing her, “how were lessons today?”

“Good,” chimed in Havva, “We’ll be fluent in no time.”

Randy smiled, “I’m sure you will.”

            Over the next couple of weeks the girls studied hard and were quickly getting very good in Korean. On the days that Randy had off they did things together like going to an amusement part, the zoo or the beach. Trips that Becky hadn’t done with Randy in a long time, the girls also did their best to keep track of BEAST’s schedule and make it to as many recordings or events as they could. If they couldn’t make it they would listen to the radio shows or watch the programs when they aired. Their Korean had gotten good enough that they could watch the shows without needing subtitles. 

Almost a month and a half after they arrived in Korea it was Randy’s birthday and Becky was going to make sure it wasn’t one he would easily forget despite he had a late filming of his variety program. In the morning the girls went to the market to pick out the foods to make snacks to bring to the filming along with Randy’s gift the ingredients for a cake. The afternoon they spent cooking the snacks and making the cake, it was a lot of food as they wanted enough for everyone at the filming sight as they all would be hungry. The girls had gotten close with Randy’s team, particularly the lead writer so she had agreed to help them with the event, even sending them the address to where they would be filming that night. On their way to the location the girls stopped by a bakery to by a cake, even though they had made one the needed a second cake in order to do their plan.

            Meanwhile Randy was in the middle of supervising the filming at BEAST’s dorm. The variety show was simply called SO BEAST, it was to give the fans an idea of  BEAST’s daily life along with granting one lucky fan’s wish each week. It had been getting good ratings and the members were easy and fun to work with. They were about halfway through filming when the lights went out and all of a sudden they say a single candle light coming towards the with Becky holding the cake singing happy birthday. Randy let out a small laugh and smiled.

“Blow it out!” she said

Randy blew out the candle and the lights came back on.

“This is very nice did…..”

Before Randy could finish his sentence Becky slammed the cake in Randy’s face. When she pulled it away Randy’s face was covered in white frosting, she heard a few of the BEAST members laugh.“Oh, so you want to get dirty do you?” said Randy with a grin that Becky new meant to run for it.

“Oh no you don’t!” she said running away.

Becky almost dropped the cake but Randy caught it and a minute later he had Becky in a head lock and rubbed the cake in her face.

There was laughter in the background, Becky wasn’t sure who it was but she was sure that some of it was Havva.

“Happy Birthday oppa.” Said Becky as Randy released her from  the head lock.

“Thanks,” he said wiping the frosting from his eyes.

“Who wants some snacks!” called Havva holding up the bags of food the girls had brought!

Most of the crew and BEAST members rushed over to see what kind of snacks the girls had brought. Becky was still trying to get the frosting out of her eyes and hair.

“Here,” said Krystal, the main writer handing Randy a towel.

“Just wait till it’s your  birthday comes around Becks.”

“Oh I expect you to pay me back for not being there the last three years, why else do you think I did this?” she said grinning.

“Here,” said Kikwang handing Becky a towel, “you’ve got something on your face.”

“Thanks,” she said not abe to make eye contact, instead she glanced over at Havva. She was beaming ear to ear as she talked to Doojoon and Yoseob.

“Hey how come there is no sushi Becks!”  yelled Randy

“Because soe people are allergic to it and it is rude to eat it in front of them, try the egg roll.” Said Becky walking over and handing it to him.

“I’m not allergic and no one on my team is either.” Pouted Randy.

“Kikwang is allergic.” Piped up Hyunseung

Randy glanced at Kikwang and then at Becky, “I should’ve guessed that,”

“Havva come on we should go so they can film. Sorry about the interruption.” Said Becky pulling Havva away.

“Thanks for the cake and snacks.” Said Randy as the girls left.

“I have to say it is a lot of fun to watch you and your dongsaeng together.” Said Doojoon after the girls left.

“Randy smiled, “Becks just trying to make up for the years I’ve been gone.”

“For being five years apart you two seem really close.” Remarked Kikwang

“Well there is only the two of us, no other siblings so we got very close.

            Since it was late the girls didn’t walk home or take the bus, the thought it would be safer to take a taxi so they pulled their money together to pay for the fair. Becky still felt sticky from getting the frosting in her hair and face so she took a shower while Havva turned the TV on to see if there was anything good. The shower felt so nice after getting cake on her and sweating all day. The summers in Korea were way different than the ones at home, they were much more hot and humid. She came out of the bathroom twenty minutes later rubbing her hair dry, Havva was glued to the TV watching her favorite drama, Doojoon’s “Lets Eat”. Every time Doojoon threw one of his short but bright smiles Havva squealed. She could never resisted Doojoon’s smile just like Becky couldn’t resist Kikwang’s bright eye smile.

“Oh Becky have you seen Doojoon and Kikwang’s twitter?”

“No why? Asked Becky sitting down next to Havva with an apple in her hand.

“Look at what Doojoon posted.” She said pulling out her phone which already had her twitter pulled up

There was a picture of Doojoon with a plat of the food the girls had brought that night underneath it he and written, “PD’s Birthday today and his dongsaeng and friend brought yummy cake and snacks. Happy birthday PD and thanks for the snacks guys.”

“That’s cool, what did Kikwang post?”

Kikwang had posted a picture of himself with Randy both of them had a little bit of frosting on their fast, Kikwang had put it on his nose and a little on his cheek. Underneath he had written, “ Was visited by PD’s Dongsaeng and friend with cake and delicious home made snacks for Hyung’s birthday. Happy Birthday PD Hyung,”

Becky smiled, Kikwang looked so cute with the frosting on his face. Of course any photo that Kikwang put up was very cute. Both Havva and Becky were very happy that BEAST and the crew seemed to enjoy the food and that it hadn’t been to much of disturbance, that was the one thing that had them worried when they were planning the special surprise for Randy. A week later Randy texted Becky to ask her to bring his lunch to the filming location, he’d forgotten it at home. Of course she texted him back letting him know that she would. It was a Monday, which meant that Randy should be filming Music Core. But the address he’d given her wasn’t KBS but a water park. Havva wasn’t feeling well so Becky took the lunch by herself.

When she arrived at the water park it took her a little while to find Randy but eventually she found him by the wave pool. But he wasn’t filming Music Core, he was filming BEAST’s variety show. It looked like it was okay to interrupt as the crew were all relaxing and eating lunch but from  Becky could see a few of the BEAST members were still playing in the water. Becky walked over, careful not to get in the members’ way as she made her way to Randy.

“You know perhaps you should put an alarm on your phone to remind you to take your lunch. How many times have you asked me to bring your lunch anyways.” She teased handing over the lunch box.

“This is the first time since you got here, perhaps it’s a habit to forget it when you’re around.” He said with a big smile.

“Hey you wouldn’t want to hit the camera’s would you!” called Junhyung running towards the cameras.

“I wont hit them I’ll get you!” yelled Yoseob tossing a bucket of water at Junhyung.

Junhyung ducked, so it missed him, but Becky was less than a foot away and had turned around to glance at was going on and she got the whole bucket of water in her face.  

Hi everyone, I hope you are enjoying this story. Please leave comments, I love comments.