chapter 9

Starstruck

“mmm, don’t come home to late,  Becky is making dumplings.”

“I wont, you’re the one who should keep an eye on the time.”

“Like you aren’t the only one who as lost track of time, by Havva.”

            Lee Shin had watched Havva interact with Randy and BEAST, from what he saw Lee Shin was almost certain that there was more than a casual fan and celebrity relationship. And when Havva told him that Doojoon had texted her while she was on her way to work Lee Shin was positive that Doojoon was interested in Havva. He was happy that he had won the bet, no guy asked for a girl’s number and didn’t contact them within a few days especially one in Doojoon’s position. This also meant that Becky would be the one treating them to dinner.

“So has Becky thought about where she’s taking us to dinner?” asked Lee Shin

“I have no idea, it certainly wont be tonight, she’s making dumplings, but this weekend should work.”

“How many times have you run into BEAST?” asked Lee Shin

“A few time not a lot wae?”

“No reason really, I’m just surprised that Doojoon would ask for your number after only meeting a few times. You sure you two don’t have some sort of past, like you went to the same high school or middle school?”

“haha, you’re funny. If Doojoon had been at my school I would’ve remembered him. But I went to school in the States there is no way I would’ve ran into Doojoon before I came to Korea.”

“Then the only conclusion is that Doojoon likes you. There is no way he would ask for your number if you hadn’t been friends before unless he liked you. Believe me I’m a guy so I know.”

            While Havva and Randy were working Becky was very busy at home. The first thing she did after cleaning up after breakfast was going to the market to get the ingredients for the dumplings and anything else she needed for dinner.  Since she had time before she had to make the dumplings Becky worked on the laundry and cleaned up the place, Randy wasn’t one of the most tidy guys out there so cleaning up was a real chore. Becky was careful about moving anything around that had to do with work, she knew that Randy needed to be able to find things. After she had lunch Becky got started on the dumplings. She was making them completely from scratch so it was going to take all afternoon to make the shells, the filling and to put it all together. She could wait to steam them until it got closer to dinner.

“Becky these are delicious you could sell these.” Said Randy that night after he had tasted her dumplings,

“Thanks, don’t expect these every night, they take forever to make enough for all three of us.”

“Kakao talk!” came Havva’s phone.

“Who could possibly be sending you a message during dinner?” asked Randy when Havva glanced at her phone.

“If Lee Shin is trying to get you to come out now then I’m going to have to play your brother.” Said Randy

Havva and Becky burst out loud laughing. Randy always had threatened them over the years saying that any guy either of them dated had to pass his test before being allowed to officially date them.

“Lee Shin is working he wouldn’t be messaging me now.” Said Havva a smile growing on her face as she read the message.

“So who is it?” asked Becky leaning over to catch a glimpse of the message but Havva hid her phone.

“I will tell you later, by the way have you thought about where you’re going to treat us?” asked Havva

Becky sighed, “I am thinking about it, I still can’t believe he texted you so soon.”

“Who texted you?” asked Randy

Becky and Havva looked at each other and grinned.

“Oh no not tell you. Besides shouldn’t you be worried about your job and finding a girlfriend instead of friends. After all you’re twenty-nine already mom and dad were married by your age.” Said Becky

            The rest of the week Becky and Havva were both working long shifts, while most of Havva’s were in the day Becky’s were mostly in the evening and late night so she didn’t see Randy or Havva very much over the next couple of days. Of course Becky, Havva, Lee Shin, and Chan Young spent time together during the day when they could.  A lot of their time was spent practicing  BEAST’s “Soom” together. The four of them had finally come up with a group name Junior Star.  All four of them were very serious when the music was playing but once the music ended they were all fun and games. The chorography was difficult and fun at the same time. Of course they never forgot to record themselves and monitor their performance to see where they needed to work on. Friday night Becky was working in the kitchen washing dishes when Chan Young walked in.

“Becky I thought you said your brother isn’t seeing anyone yet.”

“He’s not wae?”

“He’s here and he’s not alone either he’s brought a girl with him. I just seated them.”

“Can I serve there table please,” said Becky drying her hand and giving Chan Young a pleading look.

“Alright since it’s your brother and it isn’t a big deal if you mess up. They’re at table six.” Said Chan Young handing her the table ticket to write down the order.

Becky couldn’t believe that her brother had come to her work place with a girl she didn’t know. He’d always been after her and any guy she’d shown any interest in so the fact that he had hid this from her made Becky rather mad.

“Hello my name is Becky and I will be your server tonight. Can I start you off with some drinks tonight?” she said after she’d reached Randy’s table, as she spoke Becky shot Randy a glare and then summed up the young lady with him after one glance.

             The young lady looked to be about three years younger than Randy. Her long dark hair was layered and slightly curled to give it some more volume. She had small but beautiful single lid eyes. She was wearing a red knee length skirt and matching high heels. The young lady was also wearing a nice white blouse with gold accented jewelry. She was certainly Randy’s style but she was still at a loss as to why Randy had kept her a secret. It wasn’t like she was a celebrity.  

“I think a bottle of soju for now.” Said Randy.

“Alright,” said Becky making a note of it. “You’ve got some explaining to do.” She said in English to Randy and then left to get the bear and two glasses.

            After Becky returned with the Soju and the glasses she set them down next to the girl and left without a word. Back in the kitchen  she gave the table ticket bag to Chan Young. She didn’t want to be her brother’s server. Chan Young didn’t ask why it was clear that something had upset her. She was quiet the rest of the night, not even bringing up her brother and his girl friend once. When she got home that night Randy was waiting for her.

“Becky can we talk please?”

Havva started to walk out of the room to give the siblings some privacy but Becky grabbed her hand and stopped her.

“If you have anything to say you can say it in front of both of us. But  there is apparently no point in talking to you as you don’t seem to think it was important to tell me that you were dating or even introduce me to your girlfriend.” She said angrily.

“I didn’t even know you were working tonight, I thought you had the day off and was going to go to practice. You took my by surprise tonight and then you disappeared.”

“I don’t have to tell you where I am all the time and just because you didn’t know I was working gave you no excuse to not tell me about your girlfriend. Does she even know you have a sister?”

“Of course she does. I told her after we started getting serious. I just hadn’t planned on introducing you two yet I haven’t even told her that you are in Korea yet. It is a big deal to introduce someone to the family.”

“It’s not like I’m mom I’m not going to grill her or scare her off. But before your relationship goes farther you probably should tell mom and warn her about mom. As for me…I’m not interested in meeting her. I’m fine with you dating her as long as you don’t bring her home.” Snapped Becky and then headed towards the bedroom.

            Becky was very angry at Randy. He’d always told her growing up that he would tell her when he was dating someone and that she would be the first person to meet his girlfriend. What happened tonight made it look like he had been hiding his girlfriend from her. If Becky started dating someone she made a promise not to tell Randy about it just like he’d done to her. Then he’d know how it felt to be deceived. Becky was just coming out of the shower when she heard Havva’s phone go “Kakao talk”.

“Who keeps messaging you. I swear that your phone has gone off more than ten times since I picked you up from work.”

“If I tell you….you can’t get mad or freak out.” Said Havva

“Why would I get mad or freak out?” asked Becky, “It’s not like you’re doing anything wrong.”

“It’s Doojoon, apparently Kikwang and Yoseob talked the other members to go somewhere else for dinner after they’d already decided on Doojoon’s favorite place and now he’s not to happy. He likes to rant.”

“Yoon Doojoon has been Kakao talking to you!” exclaimed Becky grabbing Havva’s phone to take a look.

She scrolled through the conversation that the two of them had on Kakao talk it even looked like Yoseob and Dongwoon had gotten a hold of Doojoon’s phone and pretended to be Doojoon for a little bit before revealing it was really them.

“Lucky you,” she said tossing back the phone, “you’re free tomorrow night, I’m treating everyone to dinner. You know the restaurant that I like we’re going to go there. I’m going to show Lee Shin and Chan Young what real authentic Western food is like.”

“Sick of Korean food already?” teased Havva.

“No, I’m just craving a really good hamburger and sour pickles/”

            The following day Becky was still angry at Randy and both he and Havva knew that it would take a while for her to reconcile with him. Since both the girls didn’t have to be at work until later the two of them spent the day getting some shopping done. Havva’s parents had allowed to let Havva stay in Korea for a full year to work and then return to the States to study, although both girls would like to take a year and study in Korea now wasn’t the time to bring that up with either of their parents. Havva also had to get the paperwork done to get a longer visa so she could actually stay in Korea. Since Havva had only brought summer clothes with her the two of them went shopping for fall and winter clothes. Korea got a whole lot colder than Oregon  so they needed to make sure they had warm clothes for the winter. Becky also picked out a few sweaters and scarfs for herself. When they were finished they just had enough time to get to work.

“So I hear from Havva that she’s talking to Doojoon a lot.” Said Chan Young as she helped Becky with the dishes as they were closing, “Jealous?”

“No,  I would never be jealous of Havva. Besides if anyone has to worry about me it should be Randy, he’s got a lot to do before I trust him again.”

“Is him keeping a girlfriend a secret from you trust issue?”

“Of course it is, he promised to always tell me anything especially when it came to girls he was dating. This is the first time he’s dated someone and hasn’t told me. He asked me to join him for lunch today you know.”

“Let me guess you didn’t go.”

“You kidding! Wae would I go? He’s just trying to ambush me so he can introduce his girlfriend to me. As far as I am concerned right now he can keep his girlfriend to himself. I don’t care anymore.”

“Sounds like you do.” Remarked Chan Young

Becky glared at him.

            An hour later the two of them met up with Havva and Lee Shin at the girls’ favorite restaurant in Seoul, where they could find cooking that tasted like home. The boys loved the burgers and Becky dug into her favorite dish on the menu, poutine, although it was a Canadian dish it was one that Becky had learned to make at home and loved it. The boys joked that since they’d stuffed themselves, thanks to Becky, that they should go to the studio, to their surprise the girls agreed to. So they spent about a  little over a half hour at the studio practicing before they left since it was rather late  the boys just escorted the girls home since they all lived in the same area.

“Aw I ate to much,” said Becky as she walked into the entrance.

“ You’re not sick, I think we practiced to soon after dinner,” sighed Havva as she slipped off her shoes, “Oh looks like Randy has got some friends over.”

“I’m not going to clean up after him, it’s your turn this time.” Said Becky

“Oppa! Please tell me didn’t make a big mess.” Said Havva walking into the living room still carrying her shopping bags.

Havva dropped her shopping bags,  sitting in their living room was Randy along with all six of the BEAST members, they were playing some sort of game that Havva didn’t recognize. Dongwoon and Kikwang both waved at her while Doojoon shot her a smile.

“If you got into my cheese cake then I’m really not going to forgive you Randy Steven Ward.” Said Becky walking into the room. When she saw BEAST her face went red.

“How was work girls?” asked Randy like everything was normal. 

Oh wow! BEAST at the girl's apparetment. did you like their reactions? Are you guys enjoying the story? please write and subscribe,