TWO

LOVE SICK...

Seohyun was a typical woman who couldn’t fall in love easily. It seemed that she was just sick of the guys arround her. Chaebols always act so almighty, arrogant, jerk, etc. However she couldn’t trust a common people. Mostly they were just after her family’s name or money.

She had been in relationship with a chaebol and common people previously, but it didn’t take too long. Seohyun always felt disappoint in the end. That was why she didn’t rush herself and just let her destiny led her.

And about Jung Yonghwa, she knew really well what kind of chaebol he was. He loves party, and pretty girls, like the typical chaebol in common. But he had a very good point, he succeed to build his own company without relied on his family name. And he never forgot to donate too. He was indeed one of the most wanted bachelor in Seoul but he was not a playboy. His image in ladies eyes was very clean.

But he was Jonghyun’s best friend, and Seohyun knew that Yonghwa just saw her as his sister too.

Seohyun took a deep breath, when suddenly Taeyeon patted her shoulder lightly.

“Yahh, what happen with you? A bridesmaid can’t look gloomy, Dear. So, smile~” Taeyeon said as she looked at the mirror to check her flower tiara.

Today, Seohyun was a bridesmaid for her respected senior, Choi Sooyoung who getting married with Jung Kyungho. Sooyoung just begged to Seohyun to become her bridesmaid together with Taeyeon and Tiffany.

This was a simple but beautiful wedding. They held it in the small garden, so different with wedding party that Seohyun usually attended. Chaebol’s wedding was always huge and glamorous. Attend this kind of wedding was a really refreshing for her.

Seohyun was looking around the garden, when suddenly she felt that she was being watched. But maybe it was just her imagination, because she found nothing around her.

Seohyun took a deep breath for nth times this day. She was really envy when she saw Taeyeon and Tiffany who enjoyed the party together with their boyfriends. They laughed together, took a pictures, and so on.

How I wish I’m with someone too...Seohyun cried in her mind.

Suddenly, she felt that she got hallucination because she seemed that she saw someone who was so familiar. He really looked like Jung Yonghwa but with more casual attire.

Seohyun blinked her eyes to make sure, but suddenly he, someone who looked like Jung Yonghwa, looked at her too. He looked surprised for a while before he waved to her.

What? Seohyun was so surprised. Is he really Yonghwa Oppa?

“Yahh! I don’t know that you’re one of Sooyoung bridesmaid, Joohyun-ahh!” Yonghwa said as he walked toward Seohyun. “I couldn’t recognize you at first, you look so...different...”

“Oppa! Why are you here?” But Seohyun asked him back and it succeed make Yonghwa chuckled.

“Kyungho hyung is my senior in High School.” Yonghwa finally answered her. “How about you? It seems that you’re alone here. Does Jonghyun know that you’re here?”

Seohyun felt annoyed immediately. Yonghwa Oppa will always treat me like a little kid, Seohyun told to herself as she rolled her eyes.

“I’m not a kid anymore, Oppa. Please~” Seohyun replied annoyingly.

Yonghwa made a fake shocked expression. “Oh My God! I forget that you’re not a kid anymore!”

But Seohyun already irritated by Yonghwa’s silly jokes and decided to just turn around.

She still could hear Yonghwa chuckled, before she felt her wrist being pulled. It succeed make her turned around and...

“Yahh, Joohyun-ahh...” Yonghwa couldn’t finish his word.

THUMP!!!

Suddenly Seohyun’s heart beat so crazily. Her eyes met Yonghwa’s eyes. And she felt the time just stop immediately around her.

She didn’t know what happen between them. But she drown in his eyes. His charming eyes.

“Seohyun-ahh!!!!” a shout from Sooyoung broke the aura around her. “Ppallii! We have to take a picture together!”

And Seohyun felt so awkward as Yonghwa released her wrist.

“Well, enjoy your time, Oppa.” Seohyun told to him as she ran fast toward the bride, blushing.

 

That night, Seohyun really couldn’t sleep. She still could feel her heart beat crazily everytime she recalled what happen in Sooyoung’s wedding.

Oh My God! Please, no...not him...I can’t!!! Seohyun screamed in her mind as she burried her face to the pillow, frustated.

***

Today was her graduation day. She felt so happy but there is a strange feeling that disturbed her too.

It had been three days since the last time Seohyun met Yonghwa in Sooyoung’s wedding. There was not any occasions that could make her meet Yonghwa again.

Did he know about my graduation day?

Seohyun tried to erase her crazy feeling toward Yonghwa because she knew that it could just hurt her in the end. But it was so hard.

“Yahh! You look so hideous with those expression you know! Today is our graduation day, come on~” Jungshin said jokingly.

“What happen with you?” Minhyuk asked worriedly.

Yeah, they’re indeed my best friends, Seohyun told to herself.

“PMS.” Jungshin replied lightly and succeed got the hit by the flower that Seohyun held.

Their family were so busy to greet each other, when suddenly Jonghyun phone ringing.

“Yep, Yonghwa-yahh?” Jonghyun answered and it suddenly caught Seohyun attention. She tried to not look so excited, but deep inside her heart she was hoping something.

“What? Now?” Jonghyun still drown at his conversation. “I can’t. Today is Joohyun’s graduation day. Yes. What? Oh, okay. Wait a minute...”

“Joohyun-ahh, here!” suddenly Jonghyun handed her his phone. “Yonghwa want to congratulate you...”

“What?” Seohyun shocked.

“Here. Ppallii.” Jonghyun said as he placed his phone to Seohyun left ear. In the end, Seohyun grabbed the phone.

“Joohyun?” she could hear Yonghwa’s voice.

“Ye~ Oppa...”

“Whoaaa, congrats for your graduation. I’m sorry I don’t know that today is your day. But I’ll send you a dozen of flowers to your house...”

The rest, Seohyun couldn’t absorb what Yonghwa said. She just drown in his voice. His fresh voice, and because of that she felt so content. Her happiness for today was fulfilled.

Her change expression caught Jungshin and Minhyuk attention. They looked each other and aware with their best friend’s feeling.

After Seohyun finished their conversation, she couldn’t help to not smile. But suddenly she caught Jungshin and Minhyuk who stared at her with suspicious smiles.

“W – wae?” Seohyun asked worriedly.

But Jungshin and Minhyuk laughed so hard.

Oh My God!

***

It had been one month since Seohyun felt a strange feeling towards Yonghwa. She knew she was not a stupid teenager anymore to realize what the true meaning of her feeling right now, but she chose to deny it. She couldn’t fall in love with Jung Yonghwa! No, when he just saw her as a little sister.

Yes, they indeed met several times in the society events and so on, but Seohyun always avoided him as much as she could. And so far, nobody realized it.

But tonight, Seohyun tired. She was so tired of her feeling. And nobody could understand it, even Jung Yonghwa. So she decided to go to Nana’s graduation party, without Jungshin and Minhyuk (they refused it eventhough they were invited).

She thought that she could run away from her messy mind for a while, but she was wrong. She forgot that Nana’s party was meant the society circle, and of course Jung Yonghwa was invited.

But she tired to avoid him. So, she decided to stay and just ignored him.

“Please give me tequila!” she asked to the bartender.

She took a one shot and asked for the second glass.

When she about to take the third glass, someone took the glass first and drank it.

“Yahh! You’ll be drunk, Joohyun-ahh!” it was Jung Yonghwa who took her glass.

THUMP!

Seohyun became teary by Yonghwa presence, but she tried her best to hold her tears.

Not again~ Just leave me alone, please...

“I don’t know what’s Jonghyun thinking about. How come he let you alone in this kind of party without a partner or friend. Where is Nana?” Yonghwa said as he sat beside her and looked around. “Look at Soojung, she never...”

“Don’t compare me with Soojung. I’m not your little sister.” Seohyun replied coldly and succeed make Yonghwa surprised.

It took some times for Yonghwa to absorb the situation.

 “You avoid me, don’t you?” Yonghwa stated. “What happen?”

Seohyun just about got up, when she was surprised by Yonghwa’s sudden statement.

“I don’t know what are you talking about, Oppa.” Seohyun replied as she avoided his stared.

“Yahh, don’t lie to me! I know you avoided me these days. Just tell me what happen.” Yonghwa insisted.

“Thank you for your concern, but jinjja Oppa it’s not your business.” Seohyun stated back and got up from her sat, decided to leave, far away from Jung Yonghwa.

But Seohyun was indeed not a good drinker, just two shots and she already tipsy. She walked as she swayed. If Yonghwa didn’t catch her in time, maybe Seohyun had crushed the table beside her.

“Yahh, Joohyun-ahh.” Yonghwa said worriedly.

“Stop it, Oppa.” Seohyun refused as she freeing herself from Yonghwa’s grab.

Seohyun tried to walk steadily. She needed to go far – far away from him.

When she already out of the club, she reached her phone and called Jungshin.

“Jungshin-ahh, could you pick me up? Yes, please~”

But suddenly she felt a bad queasy in her stomach. It might be because she walked too fast and her body couldn’t stand for alcohol.

So she ran to the near tree as she hung up her phone. She squat and couldn’t help to vomit.

She vomited and she cried...by her sudden realization.

I’m falling in love with him...ottoke~?

Finally, Seohyun cried her feeling out with tears. She just admitted it, but it was just in her mind.

But suddenly she felt her back being rubbed. She turned around, and shocked...

“I told you.” It was Jung Yonghwa again.

“There is something that bother you, isn’t it? I know Jonghyun is really busy these days, so just tell me. Tell me your problem. Maybe I can help you. I’m so worried you know.” Yonghwa said again he still rubbed her back.

Seohyun choked because she tried to not cry. But she couldn’t hold it anymore.

“Don’t, Oppa. Please~” finally Seohyun said. She looked at Yonghwa’s eyes, begged.

“W – what?” Yonghwa surprised when he looked at Seohyun’s expression.

“Don’t say that you worry about me.” Seohyun said as she sobbed hard.

Yonghwa looked so speechless.

But suddenly they heard car horns.

It was Jungshin. Yeah, Jungshin’s house was in the same area with the club.

Thanks God. Seohyun scream in her mind, felt so grateful, as she stood up hurriedly and about to run to Jungshin, when Yonghwa held her wrist again.

“Joohyun-ahh...” Yonghwa couldn’t continue what he was going to say when he looked at Seohyun.

Hurt. It was a hurt expression.

Seohyun didn’t say anything, she just silently cry. She looked at him, hope he could understand her feeling. But Yonghwa just stunned, blankly.

“No, you don’t understand, Oppa. So please, just stay away from me,” Seohyun said as she trembled. She freeing her wrist and hurriedly enter Jungshin’s car.

Jung Yonghwa just stood there.

 

“You fall in love with him,” Jungshin stated as he drove calmly beside Seohyun. He needed to wait for about ten minutes until she stopped her cry.

Seohyun took a deep breath and she said, “Yes~”

“So, what’s the problem?” Jungshin asked curiously this time. “You’re an adult, but you act like a teenager. It’s totally not you~”

“He doesn’t see me as a woman. He treats me like a sister.” Seohyun replied tiredly.

“So what? Just show your true feeling. I don’t know you’re such a coward.”

“Yahh! It’s not that simple...”

“Love is complicated yet the most simple thing in the world,” Jungshin cut off Seohyun words. “See? It’s just you who think it’s complicated. Just try to think simply, Seohyun-ahh.”

“I...just don’t understand. Why should him? I know him too well as Jonghyun’s Oppa best friend. Why so suddenly.....” Seohyun stopped immediately, “...but it’s happened.  I feel so stupid out of sudden.”

Jungshin chuckled by Seohyun’s words.

“Yahh, since when loving someone need a reason?” Jungshin stated.

Seohyun stared at Jungshin.

Yes, loving someone doesn’t need a reason...