The Explanation

The Diary of a Hopeless Girl

 

Essentially what this short story is based on, is the five stages of grief. If you are unfamiliar with it:

First stage - Denial and Isolation
Second stage - Anger
Third stage - Bargaining
Fourth stage - Depression
Fifth stage - Acceptance

Five stages, five chapters. Albeit I've tried hard to mislead it, Luhan is the passed boyfriend of the original narrator.

 
Firstly, I apologise for the brevity of the chapters. It got harder and harder to write with each emotional stage, because I didn't want to bore you readers on the same line of thought. How could I write 1500+ words of angry, rejected thoughts on the same topic over and over again? I didn't know how to do that, and I don't think I now know. I thought it was inappropriate to merge actions and events into it, like going out with friends (because she has none lmao) or some murderer crashing through the window (ja, i can escalate things quite quickly). Upon publicising the story, I was really hoping to make you all think that Luhan in this fanfiction turned cold-hearted and abandoned the narrator, when I've actually killed him. I guess both plots are overly-cliche, and the disappointment I felt when halfway through the story someone praised me for this story, as they thought this was an amazing read without the boyfriend dying! Well, guess I failed then :/.

I am a person against lies, and I've made sure that throughout the chapters, I've been saying "gone" and "left" in a vague context, because it would also interpret death. I've re-read the chapters quite a few times, but I hope I haven't slipped up.

One more thing, if anyone's actually curious. Yixing and the narrator are 'more than friends', but it actually isn't stated that they are 'together' in a romantic relationship. I'm not the type of person to just leave the story with a broad ending and be all "okay lovelies, I'll leave it to you and your creative imagination to finish the story!". In fact, I hate that crap, like what the hell, my imagination is full of bull, YOU finish the god damn story!!!!!

Hate it 3:
If you like finishing stories though, go ahead, but in my mind, the narrator talks so highly of Yixing just like she treasures Luhan, because she hasn't had people by her side, she's inexperienced with people offering her comfort and being genuinely nice towards her. Unless I make some sort of sequel, for now, Yixing and the narrator will stay [close] friends.

And that's all, thanks to everyone who's reading this, and have a nice day!