First Chapter: EXO who?

Who are they?

First Chapter: EXO who?

“They are so hot! Who do you think looks better?” —Kelly asked me.

“Please, stop with it. I can’t even recognize who is who. How do you pretend I can choose who looks better?” —I said rolling my eyes.

“But look at him. Luhan is so cute.”  —She keep talking about how “cute” was a grown man named Luhan.

Kelly, my best friend, is obsessed with Korean boy bands. She have been my best friend since 3 years ago. She have been in “love” with all this Korean music since 2 years; I can’t manage it anymore.

Well, I am half Korean but I don’t like Korean music. I had been living in a Caribbean Island called Puerto Rico since I was 5 years old. Now I am 18. My mother is Puerto Rican and my father is Korean. I know how to speak Korean because of my father, but to be honest I prefer to speak English or Spanish.

I love to live in Puerto Rico, but now that I finished the school I will go to South Korea with my family, so I will study in a Korean university. I will miss Puerto Rico a lot, but to my good luck I will be living in S. Korea with my best friend. Kelly’s family allow her to live and study in S. Korea, with me. My family will be in charge of her.

Tomorrow in the morning, my family, Kelly and I will travel to South Korea. Kelly and my parents are so exited but I am not. I have so many friends and classmate that I will miss... Well, the reality is that I will miss my boyfriend or should I say mi ex-boyfriend? I ended my relationship with a nice guy named Peter 1 moth ago, when my father decide that we will be living in S. Korea. I still like him and everything, but I preferred to end with him because I know that we were not be able to keep a distance relationship. He agreed to end the relationship. We keep being friends but I still have feelings for him, he was my boyfriend for almost a year.

“Knock knock, is Min there? Helloooo? Min, please, don’t follow the light! Come back to the Earth! Miiiiin!”  —Kelly was calling me, but apparently I was deep in my thoughts.

“What? Are you talking to me?  —I asked.

“There’s someone else in this room?”  —She rolled her eyes. “I was saying that we should be sleeping. Tomorrow is the flight.”

“Oh… yeah. You’re right. Let’s sleep!”

“Ne~ (Yes in Korean)” –She said turning off her laptop.

“We are not in South Korea yet.” –I said turning off the light.

“But I need to practice my Korean. You’re lucky because you’re Korean and you know how to speak it but I’m not.”

“Oh for God’s sake! Actually, I think your Korean pronunciation is better than mine.”

“For real, unnie?”

“I’m not your “unnie” –I protested.

“But you are older than me...”

“I don’t care. Go to sleep or we will miss the airplane tomorrow.”

“That can’t happen. I will sleep now. Good night unnie, I mean, Min.”

“Night~”

 — — — — — — — —

“OMG! I can’t believe I’m in South Korea” –Kelly said.

We are here. We arrived to S. Korea. Now we are in our way to our new house. Actually, Kelly and I will be living with my parents just while we are in summer vacations. When we start the university, we will live in the campus. We are going to share a room.

“Min Hwa, do you remember anything about how Korea looks like when we were living here?” —My dad asked.

“Dad, I was 5.”

“Oh, right. You was a really cute little baby back then.”

“She still is a cutie pie” —My mom intervened.

“Gosh! You know what? I want the university to start already.” —I said frustrated.

“Why?” Kelly asked.

“So I can get rid of those two.”  —I said pointing at my parents.

They just laughed.

We arrived to our house. It is so big and pompous. Kelly almost pass out when she saw it.

The first thing I did was choose my room. The rooms are also so big. I think I can make like 3 house inside of my room. Let’s not mention the bathroom, is ridiculously huge.

“Oh my sweet baby Jesus! Did you saw the pool? Is so big and pretty!” Kelly enter to my room like a little girl. “This house is amazing! I think I don’t want the university to start. I want to live here for-ever-ever-ever.”

“Do you wanna go out? Walk aroud the city?”

“Du-uh~ Of course I want to. I want, no, I need to meet Koreans men. Haha, I mean, people.”  —She said winking her eyes.

“Mom! Dad! Kelly and I will go to walk around the city. See ya later!”  —I shout to my parents.

“Okay, but take care. None of you know about the city. Call us If you get lost or something.”  —My dad said.

“Ok, dad. We will not get lost. Bye~”

Kelly and I go out of the house. We live in a calm but luxurious part of Seoul, the capital city of South Korea. It was really easy to find a tourist area.

We go to the Banpo Bridge (반포대교), a bridge ubicated in the center of Seoul over the Han River. It is so pretty. Today is Tuesday so there not many people over here. We just walked around taking photos aroud the bridge.

When the night fell, lights illuminated the bridge. It was the wonderful. Kelly take like 100 photos, no joke. We read before about it, it is called “Banpo Bridge Rainbow Fountain” (반포대교 달빛무지개분수), is the world’s longest bridge fountain. The fountain is programmed to play different shows during the day and night. During the day, the fountain shows a hundred different configurations meant to evoke waving willow branches and willow leaves. When the sun goes down, 200 lights illuminate the fountain as it sends up dancing, rainbow-colored jets of water in the air in synchronization with music.

We were enjoying the show when some guys arrived to the area where we were. Some of them started to look at us like we were aliens or something. Kelly was too emerged in the view of the bridge fountain that she don’t even noticed it. They were like 6 or 7, I don’t know. Like 3 of them keep looking at me so I look back to them. Obviously, then they looked to another side.

“Kelly, let’s go to the house. There are some creepy guys looking at us” —I said to Kelly, trying to catch her attention.

“What? Where?”  —She asked me, looking around confused.

“Over there.” —I pointed to the guys, in a dissimulate way.

“Hold me!”  —She said almost screaming. — “I'm going to faint. Those creepy guys, like you just called them, are EXO. Oh my God! Is EXO.”

“EXO who?”