Inner Strength

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was going to kill him.

She was going to murder him, grab his tongue from his and hang him to let him bleed. Then, she'd flay his skin off with a blunt knife. If he passed out, she'd wait, splash him with water until he was choking on it and then chop off his fingers one by one with rusty scissors. He wouldn't die right after. She wasn't going to allow it. She was going to make sure he was very much alive. After that, she was going to scoop his eyes out with hot spoons, and then she was going to hack into his chest and rip out his still beating heart.

It was an excellent plan.

Despite it, the pain in her chest only increased ten-fold.

She'd ing failed.

The vision replayed in her head, showcasing the black and white snippets like a roll of an old film. The sharp images were now merely haunting, dull reminders that she was a failure.

She'd failed.

Kai.

She couldn't think as she struggled onto her feet. She didn't look at the castle. She couldn't bare it. Instead, she gazed up at the moon wondering if the Moon Goddess herself had witnessed the destruction caused by her son's hands. Was she going to do anything for the lives lost? Her son was on a killing spree. He crushed lives with a simple clench of his fingers.

"Holy ."

Yoon turned her head, only giving her visitor her profile.

Still donned in the Academy's uniform, Xipil stared wide-eyed at the remnants of the castle. His chest was moving erratically in short, heavy pulses. His expression gradually morphed into a strange mixture of fear and rage. "Who did this? WHO ING DID THIS?"

"Quiet." Yoon said.

His bewildered eyes snapped to her, as if he was drowned in cold, icy water. "What?"

"Quiet." She repeated.

The fear that had been present in his expression wiped out, only leaving pure undisguised fury. "You want me to be quiet?" He asked, scarily calm.

Yoon nodded, and returned her focus on the castle.

Suddenly, she was pulled onto her feet by the hair on her head and slammed onto her back. Xipil's burning eyes struck her with cold determination. "Where is he? Where is Kris?" He asked, holding the collar of her shirt.

"You want daddy?"

He tightened his hold, "Where. Is. He?"

"Don't know."

"What's wrong with you?" He snarled.

"What do you mean?"

"You sound ing dead."

"Release me."

"Stop diverting."

"I'll give you three seconds."

"Who do you think you are-"

"-3."

"What the fuc-"

"I said quiet." Yoon snapped, holding her hand across the vulnerable spanse of his neck. Just enough pressure, and he'd be gone. His pulse fluttered beneath her fingerpads, tempting her to just press down and see what will happen. He was a wolf, so it couldn't do that much damage...unless she twisted.

Just as she suspected, she could hear a stampede of feet in the distance and judging by the noise, there were alot of them and they were coming towards the castle. "We need to go." She hauled the annoying boy up by the material of his shirt. Xipil slapped her hands away, and shot her a glare, "What the hell is happening?"

"Didn't I tell you be quiet?" She snarled, grabbing his wrist and running the opposite direction of the oncoming noise. She couldn't tell who it was, but she had a fair guess that it may be the Rogues. They were coming to finish the job under Luhan's command. They couldn't be near the castle if they had a fighting chance of surviving and coming up with a stratagem to find the Nobles. She had to hope that those in the safehouse were kept safe by the guards inside. They wouldn't be able to find the safehouse, seeing as on the Royal Family and teleporters knew where it was. It was the safest place one could be, and the reason Kai sent her there.

Xipil and Yoon broke into the crest of the forest, and ran like flames were the heels of their feet. Yoon forced her sight to the front. She couldn't look back, or she'll be running toward the ruins looking for Kai and her family. She didn't even want to think about their bodies being crushed by the heavy rubble.

"We need to morph, it'll be easier." Xipil said, jumping over a fallen tree trunk.

"No, if we're in our other forms, they'll be able to scent us more distinctly. We stay in this form."

It felt like hours as they ran relentlessly. They couldn't stop unil they were a bit further. By the time they found a place to rest, the sun was beginning to rise. They stumbled to their feet under a cacophony of leaves that sheltered from the rays of the sun. A glistening, steady stream ran a few metres across, seperating the trees from each other.

"I ing need a drink." Xip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter