Tender Touch

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once the amber sunset bloomed with a colourful explosion of pink, orange and purple colouring the sky, Yoon knew she had to return to the Rogues.

She knew Luhan and his family would be worrying over her and she loathed putting that emotion in them. Outside, crowned by the sunset, Yoon gave a peaceful sigh. She could feel Kai's gaze boring into her from behind. He was leaning against the one of the archways, both his ankles and arms crossed. Yoon peered over her shoulder, and watched the calm breeze tousle his dark locks across his brows. His full lips were pinched together, and his eyes wistful. There was also something else lingering in his gaze. Guilt. For what? She had no idea. When he departed from Sanghee earlier, a mist of guilt had filled his melted chocolate gaze. She wasn't sure if it was Sanghee who put it there, or someone else. 

Yoon warily approached her mate. He stiffend, but recoiled from the arc way, his eyes watching her closesly. His movement was swift and graceful as he unfolded his long limbs to stretch into his full height. Toe, to toe, Yoon cupped his smooth cheek. His eyes immediately drifted close, and the points of his lashes brushed against the high crests of his cheekbones. She could feel the shudder run through his body from the single touch. "I can't leave you if you're going to be like this." Yoon whispered, brushing her fingers over his skin.

He kept his eyes closed, "Then don't leave."

Yoon sighed, "I can't."

His warm hand spread around her slender wrist, before he slowly opened his eyes. Warm pools of dusky brown looked right at her. "You know everytime you leave here, I have to restrain myself from going after you. Sometimes I even wonder if I'll see you again." He tilts his head to the side, rubbing his thumb across her soft palm.

The wind rustled quietly around them, trapping them in their own little world for a moment. Through the bond, Yoon was aware of the sad thrums emitting back and forth betwen Kai and her. It actually broke her heart. She didn't like that she had to leave either, but she had to return. She didn't want Luhan coming after her, wreaking havoc in the palace. For now, she just wanted to be around her mate, savouring his scent and warmth that only Kai could provide.

"There's only one thing to do Yoon to make me endure you leaving me for now." Kai retracts his hand, taking away his warmth. She also drops her hand, watching him in confusion.

"What is it Kai?"

A small grin overtakes his lips while boyish mischief illuminates his face. He doesn't say anything, because he's pointing to his lips with an I-dare-you-to-kiss-me type of way.

Yoon flushes, just as Kai erupts into small, taunting chuckles.

"B-But why?" Yoon splutters, staring wide-eyed at him. She almost hated that he had the power to make her stumble over her words.

Kai leans against the frame of the arc again. He's huge, towering over her with that stupid smirk attactched to his lips. His hair drapes slightly over his gaze, and his eyes are hooded with a sultry look. "We're mates." He states in a matter-of-fact tone, "It's about time we get down and dirty." His words drop an octave.

Yoon is stunned speechless.

Kai erupts into laughter, hunching over and clasping his arms around his abdomen.

Yoon simply glares at him, unimpressed. "."

Kai knew she didn't mean it because there was a twitch to her lips.

Once his fit disappeared, Kai straightened up, wiping a fake tear away. "Wow, I didn't realise how the thought of kissing me would make you abhored."

He runs his hands through his hair, while the other is tucked safely into the side pocket of his jeans. He's jesting, but for some reason Yoon could hear the underlining pain in his words. She didn't like it. Hell, she wanted to kiss him but she was totally inexperienced. She didn't want to ruin their first kiss together with her being awkward but the way Kai was staring at her with longing made her reach for that confident streak she had. She decided then that she wanted this. She wanted to kiss him and she would do it now.

Gathering every inch of courage she could muster, Yoon squared her shoulders and met his cunning gaze that beheld challenge.

It'd been a long time since she saw him like this- carefree, content and smiling.

He almost looked boyish the way he continued to smile, making sure that he was the only thing she could see. He didn't have to worry, because she only saw him. Even in a room crowded with beautiful people, her attention would soley be locked on Kai. She naturally gravitated towards him, no matter their location.

"I'm leaving now." She says.

The easy smile that graced his lips only seconds earlier completely vanished. His gaze dropped, and he dipped his head low so his hair could cover his eyes like a curtain. He moved both his hands into his pockets, and just stared at his shoes. He clears his throat, but doesn't look up when he finally speaks, "Oh okay, you should go."

Yoon shook her head, hiding her smile. Yip, he definitely seemed boyish now. She was not used to Kai being shy, or self-conscious. His presence alone was formidable and unapproachable. It was why he was the Beta of the most powerful Pack in the Kingdom. He took command, handled everything with meticulous precision and all with easy confidence and dexterity. To see him so unsure of himself in front of her was adorable. He appeared tameable like a cub, and not wildly ferocious like his ink-black wolf.

She really wanted to kiss him.

She closed the gap between them with a few stri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter