A Visit From Her Past

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon didn’t expect Kai to react the way he did.

Instead of being in front of her, he teleported behind the desk and held his chest, where his heart was located. A painful look warred his features, and he slumped on his desk and from what Yoon could observe, he was trying to rid of something that made him feel pain.

“Are you okay?” Yoon turned around and approached him. She halted a safe distance of 2 metres away from him, and watched him with concern. The look on his face had the potential to make Yoon feel haunted but also deeply affected by his wounding expression.

“I-I’m fine.” He grimaced, “Just go sit down so your detention can end soon.”

Not wanting to give Kai a hard time, she obeyed and slumped into a seat. She observed him warily for a few moments before she diverted her attention to the outside world through the arced window. The detention consisted of a torturing, long silence that was also incredibly awkward. When time was up, Yoon spared a look up at Kai who was packing up his materials into his bag silently.

His face showed no evidence of the painful emotion he had an hour ago. He looked neutral and tired as he packed.

Yoon sympathised with him and walked towards the door. When she glanced over her shoulder, Kai was looking at her with a calculating look. When he didn’t say anything like she expected, she reached for the door but his hoarse voice held her back.

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but Yoon is a common name, right?”

His question caught Yoon off guard, but she shrugged. “Probably.”

Something indecipherable flashed in his eyes and he nodded, “You’re probably right.” He whispered absently, before slinging a black side bag onto his shoulder. “Well than Ms Yoon, I didn’t expect that this detention would be this…pleasant. Next time, keep out of trouble so you won’t have to have detention again.”

“Okay.” Yoon nodded and left the room.

She was surprised Kai hadn’t recognised her, but she knew that her name triggered alarm bells in his head. She had to be careful the upcoming days so her identity isn’t revealed and that also meant that she had to heed Kai’s instruction, and stay out of trouble, if she could help it.

True, she wanted Kai to know that it was really her, the little girl he often hung around with but when the silence ensued, she had to rationalise that she was being stupid. She had to keep her identity locked away, and it was a relief when Kai didn’t bother connecting any dots. She should’ve been ecstatic in the least, but her shoulders hung when she exited the classroom.

                                                        

 

Kai watched as Yoon left his classroom. As soon as the door closed behind her uniformed figure, he sank into his chair and tilted his head back. He didn’t bother to keep on his mask of indifference on and let his true emotions spread over his features.

He knew he looked tired and alert but no one had noticed it that much. He was that perfect at hiding his feelings.

Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter