#2 - The Rainbow After The Rain

Loving Unconditionally

Sunlight shines warmly through the window, onto Luhan and Arielle, who are tangled to each other on the bed, while soft snores fill the room. Luhan watches as Arielle nuzzles his neck in her sleep, bringing out a contented smile on Luhan's face. Luhan plays with Arielle's hair, twisting the locks around his fingers. He kisses her forehead gently, careful not to wake her up.

Today is Valentine's Day. A day of smiles and laughs, feeling warm and fuzzy, being romantic and... heroic. Yes, you saw it correctly. Heroic, according to Luhan who is now swinging his "light saber" (which is actually just a broom) in the air and challenging Arielle who somehow became the villain.

"This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi, and will soon see the end of the rebellion!" Luhan points the end of the broom towards Arielle. "And this is not a broom, it's my light saber!"

"Right." Arielle rolls her eyes for the nth time today. To think she actually anticipated a peaceful, normal day with Luhan, the 5 year-old. She gives up waiting for Luhan and went into her bedroom.

Luhan is now "flying" across the room on his broom, jumping onto the sofa and back onto the floor. Luhan catches a glimpse of the clock this time and halted his action. "Time is making fools of us again."

"You are the only fool here." Arielle walks out of her bedroom, all dressed up and ready to go. "Go get dressed, we are heading out for lunch."

Just as Arielle finished her sentence, dark clouds rapidly covered the blue sky. Luhan looks at Arielle, waiting to hear a plan B. "It's not raining so we're still going as planned."

As if the skies can actually hear Arielle, large raindrops began dropping onto the ground, together with voices of people cursing at the sudden weather change. Arielle turns to see Luhan still looking at her, holding a broom between his legs. "We can bring an umbrella, the weather's not that bad."

Thunder roared across the sky and lightning strikes, occasionally lighting up the sky. This time, it was Luhan who rolled his eyes at Arielle.

Luhan sits in front of Arielle on the dining table, sniffing in the scent of food as he slurps a mouthful of ramen in. "This isn't that bad, actually."

"Tell me you are just kidding."

"You are just-"

"Don't even."

---

Later in the day, Arielle wakes up from her nap to an empty spot next to her. The warmth that was supposedly there had long dissipated. She looks at the clock. It was already 7 in the night. She rubs the sleep off her eyes and stretches her arms out as she let out a yawn. She walked out of the room, looking around the house but Luhan was nowhere to be found. Luhan rarely goes out on his own and when he did, it would usually result in him losing his way or him in a restaurant, without his wallet. She started to worry.

"Where did this idiot go to?" She says under her breath, as she picks up her phone that was seated on the bedside table, and speed-dialed number 1.

"Where are you, you idiot?" Arielle spat into the phone immediately when Luhan answered the call.

"Just outside the house. Can you open the door for me?" Arielle rolled her eyes and walked towards the door.

She opens the door with a quick pull and allowed a drenched Luhan into the house. "What were you doing in the rain?"

Luhan answered her question when he pulled out a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolates from under his coat and presents it to Arielle. Arielle looked at the gifts, then at Luhan, and back to the gifts without saying anything.

"Do you not like these?" Luhan asks without confidence. "You didn't seem to be in a good mood and it's Valentine's Day today so I thought these would make you feel better." He looks down at the floor, feeling unsure.

Arielle took the gifts into her hands, the feeling of gratefulness and happiness filled her heart. "I love it. Thank you." She says, tears welled up her eyes.

"You do?" Luhan said with a bright smile, his eyes turned into that of crescents. Arielle nods her head and pulls Luhan in for a hug with a whispered thank you.

Arielle hurried Luhan into the bathroom and places dry clothing on the bed for him to change into. She sits on the bed and waits for Luhan to be done before she reaches her hands out to Luhan, inviting him to join her on the bed. "Can we cuddle the night away?"

Luhan jumps onto the bed with a chuckle and pulls Arielle into his arms, caressing the back of her head gently as she snuggles into his neck. They stayed like this for a while, enjoying the warmth of the other until Luhan broke the silence with his stomach growling.

Arielle would usually be annoyed by this. It spoils the atmosphere, she thinks, as she sprang up from the bed and walks to the kitchen to prepare dinner. She smiles when she sees the vase of roses on the dining table. but today is special.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know why but Lu is always dumb in my head BUT THERE YOU GO (not so) ROMANTIC LU.

This story isn't really dramatic but the stories are linked, so I guess it's still considered a chaptered fic? Is it not? No? Well, I DON'T CAREEEEEE.