Chapter 2: My First Day

Perfect Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stepped out of the car. In front of me was my new school, and where I will not have anyone to rely on.

“Miss, here is your schedule,” my chauffeur handed me.

“Thank you,” I said and grabbed the piece of paper. I looked at the piece of paper. “First class, English,” I murmured to myself. Taking one last glance at the paper, I bid goodbye to my chauffeur and walked towards the gates. Once I set foot onto the campus, I looked around. It was indeed a school for the riches. The garden was perfectly trimmed, the school building itself was beautiful, and it looked more like a palace than an institution for educating.

Once I was inside the building, students were already in their groups of friends, talking about their summer. I glance at the map of the school and looked for my first period class.

“245,” I murmured while pointing at the piece of paper. The room should be on the second floor. Without looking ahead, I started my footsteps. Then the next thing I knew, I was on the marble floor. My papers were scattered everywhere.  

“I’m so sorry,” I felt someone’s hand on my arm. I looked up and saw a boy with goofy glasses on. His hair could almost cover his dark brown eyes. Staring at him made my heart skip a beat. This never happened before.  

“It’s okay,” I said and pushed his arm away, then got up from the floor. Dusting off my skirt, I grabbed all my paper and rushed away.

I reached class about 15 minutes early, and no one was in yet. I grabbed a seat at the back corner by the window. Once seated, I took out the book and continued reading where I last left off.

“Is the book good so far?” I heard someone asked,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter