Chapter 1: My Life

Perfect Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I glance at the newspaper I was holding. There was a particular picture that made me want to laugh, and scream out loud. It was a picture of me and my parents, smiling. To me, this picture is not something I will cherish. The picture was showing a happy family, but in reality it’s fake, the smiles were forced on. My parents, never has time for me, but they always except me to be the perfect daughter.

All my days, since childhood, I was always in lessons, studying literature, manners, music, etc. The happy families shown in dramas, is what I want to have, but could never get.

“Miss, it’s time for dinner,” I turned my gaze to the servant girl and gave her a slight nod, giving her permission to finish her other duties. Placing the newspaper back onto the coffee table, I stood up and made my way to the dining room.

I entered the empty dining room, and took my usual seat.

“Young Miss, we’ll be serving, Chicken Caesar Salad as the appetizer, for the main course we’ll be serving medium rare steak, and last and not least, a piece of strawberry cheesecake for dessert, we hope you enjoy,” the head chef announced.

“Thank you,” I said and he bowed.

After the meal, I went to my study, and started reading a book I recently brought. Then an hour or so of reading I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in,” I said, loud enough for the other side to hear.

The maid came in with a nervous expression on her face.

“Madam and Mister had just arrived,” she said nervously. I glance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter