Chapter 5: My Hands

Perfect Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The memory of me touching him burned into my brain. The feeling of his soft skin, and his chocolate brown eyes staring directly at me made me feel odd. I liked the feeling and it was scaring me.

After disinfecting his wound and patched it up, I ran away from him. Sungyeol was making me feel too much. In the months that past he manages to break through my walls that I built up as a child. He was like a tornado. Every second I spent with him, the more I could escape from the reality I was in.

“Joanna,” he called and I knew he was staring at me. I looked up but enough that I only see his chin. I couldn’t look at his eyes. My heart will feel like exploding. I don’t want that. I crossed the line that day. I shouldn’t have touched his cheek, except treat his wound.

“Yes,” I said, feeling my heart race. The loud thumping noise I hear was my heart. He was affecting me even by his voice.

“A-a new action movie came out, and I really want to watch it, so I was wondering if you wanted to come with me,” he said and I could see him fidgeting with his hands. He was nervous. I was taken by surprise by him. He was asking me out, and wants to hang out with me. Even if we talked a little, he still affected me. It wasn’t normal. I was not supposed to feel this way for anyone. 

“I’m not sure,” I said and turned my gaze back to what was in front of me.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to go with me,” he laughed but I could hear a little bit of sadness behind it. My heart hurts when he is sad. I don’t know why. When he was beaten up, I couldn’t do anything; my heart was breaking when I saw him struggling under the guy’s hold. It was painful, and that day was the first time I shed a tear.  It was unexpected, that a tear came out. I didn’t know that, him hurting affected me too.

“No, I’ll go with you,” I heard myself saying and I looked at his face. His glasses were about to fall off, and I reached over the table and helped him push it up his nose. I could feel my breath hitched, as I made contact with his skin.

“Really,” he asked like a child that almost made me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter