Chapter 3: My Lunch Time with Him

Perfect Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every day, since the first day, he’ll follow me to the cafeteria, or to the school library. His footstep after class is what I am used to hearing now. We never talk or spoke a word. We just sat there. He was the closest thing I’ll have to a friend here in Korea.

“Why don’t you have a lunch?” I broke the silence between us for the first time. Every day he’ll sit there staring at me eat.

“Um…,” he started looking at me, “I can’t afford a meal here, and the school rules states that I can’t bring my own lunch,” he said and looked down to his lap.

“Oh,” I said and that was the last word we exchange between each other. I ate my lunch and dump the remains into the garbage can. I took my sit across from him. “How did get into the school?” I bluntly asked. He looked up, while pushing his glasses to the bridge of his nose. I stared into his chocolate brown eyes.

“I got a scholarship,” he said quietly, gazing into my hazel eyes. Thump. Thump. I felt the funny feeling again. I raised my hand and touch my chest.

“Oh,” I said again like the last short conversation. With that last word said between us, my gaze shift somewhere else.

Lunch was over and I gather my things then shoved them into my bag. I got up and was about to walk until I bumped into something. I looked up and saw his face up close. My cheeks were heating up and my heart began to race.

“Sorry,” I softly said and moved away from him.

“It’s okay,” he scratch his head and smiled. Seeing him smile made my heart skip a beat again. What is this feeling? This question was always floating in my mind fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter