Chapter 4: My Heart Beat

Perfect Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was afterschool; I was in the library with Sungyeol. I was his tutor, because he wasn’t doing that great in history.

I glance at Sungyeol, he was concentrating on his history homework. My eyes roamed around his face, his messy hair, big glasses, then landed on his lips. I quickly looked away. His lips were forbidden territory. I place a hand on my chest; my heart was racing wildly, pounding against my ribcage. I could feel heat creeping up my cheeks, and there I know my face was burning up.

“Jojo,” he called and I looked at his chocolate brown eyes. His soft gently voice was driving me crazy. The softly in his voice was soothing at times.

“Yes,” I said with coldness, hiding what I was feeling. I will never show him what I am truly feeling.

For the pass month, whenever I’m close to him, my heart beats and my palm would get sweaty. I’m truly clueless, I have no idea what this feeling means and why I am responding like this to him, I’ve never experience this with anyone. The truth is that I’m scared to find out this feeling. I enjoy Sunyeol’s company, he was nice, goofy, and he has a sense of humor. With him, I forget my worries.  

“Who was Napoleon again?” he asked, and stared directly at me.

“He was the ruler after the French Revolution.”

“Okay, thanks,” he smiled and continued working.

Moments later, I stood up from my chair.

“I’m going to get a cup of coffee,” I said emotionlessly. I exit the libra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter