Chapter 6: My Date

Perfect Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was my first time outside in public and having fun. I’ve never gone into public without my parents and bodyguards around me. This experience would always be in my memory.

I was standing by the washroom waiting for Sungyeol, he was getting our tickets. We’re going to watch an action movie that he was dying to see, as he exaggerated it. Seeing him getting all excited makes me smile. He was cute…

“Joanna,” Sungyeol was standing in front of me, waving him left hand in front my face.

“Yes,” I said and met his gaze.

“I was trying to get your attention for the past minutes,” he said and smiled. His smile made him look like a fallen angel from heaven.

“Oh,” I looked down to my flats; I could feel a blush showing from my cheeks.

“Let’s go and get our seats,” he grabbed my hand, I could feel my heart hammering against my chest violently.

Once we got into our seat, and settled in. I glance at Sungyeol, his eyes were sparkling, he was happy. I smiled and turned back to the big screen. There were trailers for future movies, and I was amazed by the movie effects. I’ve never been to the movie theatres, or watched a movie. My life had no enjoyment, living as a princess is not what I want. My parents’ coldness, it hurts me. I hate how they have that effect on me. Parents aren’t supposed to treat their child like a robot. They should give them love, I was never loved. The happiness normal people have, I was never given that. All the smiles I had were meaningless, and no feelings of enjoyment. 

“It’s starting,” Sungyeol whispered to me, making me lose my train of thoughts. Without retracing my thought, I turned my focus to the huge screen. It was a Hollywood movie, and it was all in English. I understood every word. The effects in the film were cool. How the film editors can make the characters in the movie fly.

I really enjoy the film, it was something different, and this movie was simply for entertainment.

“That was so cool,” Sungyeol grinned when the movie ended.

“Yeah, it was,” I replied to him and he reached for the side of my face. I could feel his fingers brushing against my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter