Chapter 4

My Sweet Cakes

Tiffany’s recent client has been giving her a lot of problems. He wouldn’t want to meet her in the public; he would only sign his policies if she would come over to his place. For many clients, Tiffany wouldn’t mind but not this guy. He’s a little ert. Tiffany has always wanted to give up on this client but her manager refused to let go. He said this guy’s worth a billion. Tiffany was frustrated.

“Why don’t you go with me then?”

“I would love to but I have other meetings.”

“I need someone to go with me.”

“Tiffany, I don’t think he dares to do anything.”

“You haven’t seen his profile, aren’t you?”

“Look, this client brings a lot of money for us. He’s close to sign the proposals. You just need to sacrifice something.”

“What?”

“If you don’t get this client, you can leave my company.”

What a jerkass.

Tiffany was so tempted to leave but she couldn’t bear to leave her group behind. She’s not only a financial adviser but also a team leader to a group of young advisers who have just joined the company. She could have asked one of them but all of them were out; for appointments and meetings.

“Sheesh, that guy better not try to do anything funny. I’m so not in a good mood right now.”

Tiffany parked her car and looked up. His neighbourhood was luxurious. It was obvious he belongs to the upper cast of the society. She made her way up to the lift and called him. He answered immediately.

“You’re here?”

“Yes, I’m going up now.”

“Good, I’ll be waiting.”

Tiffany hates guys. She couldn’t stand being with one and now she was forced to endure just because he’s a big fish for her company.

“I better call Jessica in case something happen.”

-

“Yoona ah, thank you for much for visiting.”

Yoona nodded. The old lady whom she has been visiting for the past few years could now stand on her own. Yoona’s not only a baker but she often spends time at old folks’ home to entertain the elderly. Mdm Park lived at the old folks home for years before she finally returned back to her home. Her son was trying so hard to persuade her to go home but the old lady refused. After Mr Park’s death, Mrs Park went into a depression and her children couldn’t take care of her. So they put her up at the old folk’s home for a couple of years before her son took her home. He finally completed his degree and was able to work at a MNC; earning a high salary.

“Halmeoni, I bought your favourite cupcakes. You can share with your grand daughter and grandson later.”

“Of course I will. I’m so glad that you came. I was bored to death.”

“You can watch television here.”

“Hayong doesn’t allow me to go out. I hurt my ankle and he told me to rest at home.”

“Hayong oppa is right. He’s worried.”

“Yoona ah, I haven’t thank you for everything you’ve done. If you hadn’t introduced Soojin to Hayong, I don’t think Hayong will ever get married.”

“You don’t have to thank me. You have to thank Soo Young. Soojin unnie is Soo Young’s sister.”

“That’s right but how come she isn’t here with you?”

“She’s busy. She asked me to bring these tonics for you.”

“Aigoo, I’m so glad I’ve met Soojin. Soojin’s heart is as pure as Soo Young’s.”

“Of course they are! They’re sisters.”

“Yoona, when are you going to get married? Soo Young’s getting married soon, right?”

Yoona smiled and nodded.

“I haven’t met my rightful one yet.”

“You just cannot sit around and wait. You have to actively look for her.”

“Halmeoni, I’m happy with the way I am right now.”

“I just want to see you have someone special in your life. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon are forever bringing their girlfriends and boyfriends to visit me but not you.”

“Yuri is single too.”

“Yuri and you should be together.”

“Halmeoni, Yuri’s my cousin!”

“Aigoo, I’m sorry! I’ve forgotten about that!”

Mrs Park and Yoona laughed heartily. Soon, Soojin and her children returned home. The children ran straight for their grandmother and Yoona could see the sparkle in Mrs Park’s eyes. Yoona smiled earnestly.

“Shi Eun and Shi Bin are back. They can keep you company.”

“Where are you going?”

“I have to return back to my bakery. I have to do more orders.”

“Ah, that’s right.  Be careful, Yoona. Remember what I’ve said. Fate and destiny play a crucial part in love but you must not wait. You have to look too. Can you imagine if your fated one is also waiting for you to come to her but you’re not doing anything? You will lose out without even trying.”

“Yes Halmeoni. I’ll remember.”

“Good, I’ll see you again.”

“I’m leaving now. Take care.”

Yoona left after that.

-

Jessica received a text message from Tiffany. She asked her to come to this address. Jessica looked up; the apartments really looked expensive.

“She must be meeting her client. But what the hell she asked me to come here for?”

Jessica parked her car next to Tiffany’s. She recognized Tiffany’s car. Who wouldn’t? Tiffany’s car is in pink. Jessica some music and replied Tiffany to inform that she’s here.

While waiting for Tiffany to reply, Jessica recognized a silhouette of a woman approaching her car quietly. She grinned and quickly got out.

“IM YOONA!”

The woman stopped and turned around. She was surprised to find Jessica there.

“Hi Miss Jung. What are you doing here?”

“YA~ stop calling me Miss Jung. I’m not that old.”

“I’m sorry but you live here?”

“No, Tiffany asked me to come over. I have no idea why.”

“Oh? She’s here?”

Jessica nodded and then peered over Yoona’s shoulders. Yoona turned around and realized something. Jessica must be wondering if Yuri was around.

“She’s not here.”

“Oh. You know?”

“Of course.”

Yoona smiled.

“Hee, so what are you doing here?”

“I’m here to deliver cakes.”

“What’s wrong with the delivery git?”

“She’s not feeling well today.”

“Oh.”

Yoona was amused. Jessica seemed disappointed at one moment but another second, she became all worried. Well, she didn’t really say it out but her expression said it all.

“Don’t worry. She’s having the normal flu and cough. She’ll be fine tomorrow.”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“Your facial expression tells me a lot of things.”

“Damn it. I can never control my emotions.”

“It’s okay. I find it cute and endearing. My cousin’s lucky to have someone like you to worry about her.”

Jessica’s face lighted up immediately and she gave the cutest grin at Yoona. Yoona laughed.

“You really like my cousin?”

“She told you?”

“Yeah, she’s freaking out.”

Jessica giggled softly.

“She’s funny. She’s honest and she cannot hide her feelings sometimes.”

“Ah, she’s a dork.”

“Yeah but I really like her. I mean, she makes me feel comfortable.”

“Oh? But she saw you .”

“Well, I don’t really mind about that. She caught my eyes the first time we met. I mean I was but I didn’t even care. All I could think of; the girl in front of me.”

“And that girl happened to be my cousin?”

Jessica nodded and Yoona was really amused. But she didn’t say anything much. The two chatted for a bit more before Yoona decided to leave.

“I have to leave now.”

“Oh okay. I won’t hold you back.”

“Tell Tiffany I say hi.”

“Sure!”

Yoona was about to walk away when she suddenly heard a loud scream. Both Jessica and Yoona were stunned for a second before Yoona looked up. She saw a lady struggling with man at the balcony.

“Looks like someone’s in trouble.”

Jessica looked up as well and recognized the lady immediately.

“THAT’S TIFFANY!”

Yoona was stunned.

-

“Get away from me!”

“! I’ve waited for so long for this!”

“I know you’re trouble! I don’t know why my boss thinks you’re GOD!”

“Well, if you have been good and listen to me well, he wouldn’t have to worry so much about the proposals.”

“I rather die than to meet a scumbag like you!”

“SHUT UP!”

The man slapped Tiffany across the face. He tried to force himself on her but Tiffany tried to withhold him. Unfortunately, Tiffany didn’t manage to send a message to Jessica that she’s in trouble.

“Stop moving! It’s going to end really soon!”

“Over my dead body!”

Tiffany kicked his balls with her knees. She jabbed him really hard and the man fell onto the floor with a loud thud. But she didn’t manage to run far. She was caught by the ankle and the raging man pushed her to the balcony. He then grabbed her neck and tried to strangle her.

Tiffany managed a scream but the mad man held on so tightly.

“Die woman! DIE!”

Tiffany struggled to breath. She tried to hit him but her body was too weak to retaliate. Her face was turning blue and Tiffany thought she would die tonight but not for long. She heard someone breaking the door open.

“Tiffany!”

She heard the voice. It was familiar.

“You son of a !”

Suddenly Tiffany felt a sense of relief when the hands were no longer strangling her neck. She fell to the floor but someone managed to catch hold of her.

“Oh my god, Tiffany!”

Tiffany looked up to find her best friend Jessica was staring down at her worriedly. Her top blouse was completely ripped and Jessica was taking out her jacket to cover her.

“Who the hell are you?!”

“You don’t do this to a woman!”

“It’s none of your business!”

“It’s my business because she’s my woman!”

“Oh? So Miss Hwang is a lesbian? This is new. And in fact, it’s better. I can have a !”

“You can. You’ll do that in jail.”

“I won’t go to jail! You know who’s my father? I can ask my father to put you to jail!”

“You’re going to bribe the judges?”

“When you have the money, you can do away with a lot of things.”

“You’ve done this before?”

The man kept blabbering about those cases where he got away scot-free. Unknown to him, someone was recording the conversation.

“Now, where were we? Shall I start with you first?”

“Be my guest.”

Tiffany turned to find Yoona was squaring off with the man. She tried to call out to her but she was too weak. Jessica was holding on to her tightly.

“You’re quite gutsy.”

“Try me.”

The man lunged forward but Yoona managed to dodge him. While doing that, she managed to kick him in the chest. Jessica and Tiffany were stunned. Yoona knows martial arts.

“You ing !”

Yoona smiled at the man before the man lunged for another attack. Once again, Yoona managed to dodge him. This time, she did more damage than before. The man was almost half dead when Yoona unleashed her kicks and punches on him.

“Tiffany, your girlfriend is a fighter.”

Tiffany could only nod as she looked on with awe.

-

“Where the hell is this stupid girl?”

Yuri’s stomach growled. She was hungry. Im Yoona should be back with her dinner by now but she couldn’t even trace her shadow. She was recovering but Yuri was too lazy to cook. She grabbed her phone from the table and was about to call when she heard the front door opening.

“YA~ IM YOONA!”

Yuri was in her shorts and oversize t-shirt. She jumped on her feet and rushed out. She was about to unleash on Yoona when she came face to face with Jessica Jung instead.

“WHAT THE!”

“Hi Yuri!”

“Wait, this is a dream, right?”

Jessica stared at her for a second before coming closer. She then peered closely; so close to Yuri’s face that Yuri could smell her rosemary breath. Yuri blinked her eyes a couple of times. Then Jessica pulled Yuri’s nose.

“AISH! I CANNOT BREATHE!”

“So am I real?”

“Yes, yes! Let my nose go!”

Jessica let it go immediately and Yuri rolled her eyes at her.

“What are you doing here? How do you know I live here? DID YOU STALK ME OR SOMETHING?!”

“I thought you’re sick?”

“Yes, I am!”

“You seem fine to me. You can argue with me right now.”

“I’m in a shock!”

“Really? You look okay to me.”

“YA! What are you doing at my house?!”

Jessica giggled.

“Yoona sent me here.”

“Yoona what?!”

“Something happened. She had to send Tiffany home but she remembered you’re waiting for dinner. So she asked me to come over which I willingly obliged to.”

“Oh my god.”

“Yes, baby. Let me feed you. I’ll get you a bowl.”

Jessica waddled her way to the kitchen; leaving the infuriated Yuri staring with her eyes wide open.

“IM YOONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Yuri was completely bewildered.

-

Tiffany could almost taste Yoona’s cheeks with her tongue but she decided not to. Yoona insisted to carry her and she refused to piggyback Tiffany. She carried her like how a hero would after saving the damsel in distress. Yoona held her closely; Tiffany put her arms around Yoona’s neck so obviously she was close to Yoona’s face.

She couldn’t stop swooning at how gorgeous Yoona’s side view was.

“Stop staring.”

Tiffany bit her lower lip.

“You’re making me nervous. You’re quite heavy.”

Tiffany narrowed her eyes at Yoona.

“Put me down then.”

“You cannot even walk properly.”

“I can if you allow me to.”

“Just stay still and be a good girl. We’re reaching your house.”

Tiffany pouted her lips but remained quiet in Yoona’s arms. The girl was careful not to drop her and she was incredibly strong. Yoona managed to put the rich mad man on a ual charge and the conversation she had recorded with him put him in hot soup. The police was going to charge him anyway.

“Are you feeling better now? Are you still traumatized?”

Yoona was genuinely worried. Tiffany could see from the way Yoona was gazing at her. Tiffany’s heart skipped a beat. She’s definitely falling deeper for Yoona because she saved her life. And now she’s worried for Tiffany – Tiffany couldn’t stop swooning.

“Are you worried now?”

“Of course I am. The man almost you.”

“So you’re concerned about me.”

“Tiffany, what are you blabbering about? Are you really okay?”

“I’m fine. I’m feeling so much better now because you’re here with me.”

Yoona looked at her; not saying a single word.

“Yoona, your heart is capable to feel worry; concern for someone else. I’m sure your heart is capable to fall in love with another person all over again.”

Yoona looked away but her grip got tighter. Tiffany felt a little encouraged to come nearer. She cupped her hands around Yoona’s cheeks and made the girl to look at her. Yoona slowly turned to her.

“I love you.”

“Tiffany...”

“Shh. Just listen to me. I love you. And I’ll not stop loving you just because you have a dark past about your relationship with someone else. I’m not that someone, Yoona. I’m Tiffany Hwang. I’m a new person. Please take that into consideration before you decide to open your heart once again.”

Yoona was speechless.

-

“Are you going to refuse to open your mouth now?”

“I can eat myself.”

“I want to feed you.”

“Jessica~”

“You’re sick. Let me take good care of you.”

“But why? You’re not related to me!”

“Not even a friend?”

Jessica gave a pitiful look and Yuri was feeling guilty. She was really feeling weird about Jessica feeding her but she couldn’t bear to see the hurtful look on Jessica’s face.

“You’re a friend.”

“So can a friend feed you while you’re sick?”

Yuri was defeated. She couldn’t outwin Jessica. So she just relented.

“Okay!”

“You’re such a weird woman.”

“Well, you’re lucky that a weird woman is not giving up on you.”

“Why is it about me that you’re so crazy about?”

Jessica smiled.

“It’s a secret. I’ll let you know when you’re falling in love with me.”

Yuri was baffled once again.

-