Chapter 9

My Sweet Cakes

Jessica sat across Yuri; she was flipping through her magazine. Yuri was watching her; sighing occasionally and then gave up. She pulled Jessica’s magazine away and the girl glared at her.

“What do you want me to say?”

“What?”

“You’re ignoring me. We’re supposed to have dinner together.”

“You can eat with Hara, Chae Yeon and Yejin.”

Yuri rolled her eyes. Those were all her regular customers. They threw a fit when they saw Yuri with Jessica. The last customer, Yejin almost pulled Jessica’s hair out. Yuri barely pulled Jessica to safety. And somehow they ended up in this diner. But Jessica was already in a foul mood.

“Sica ah.”

Jessica looked on; she was pleasantly surprised with her new nickname. Yuri seemed apologetic. Jessica decided to tease the poor girl more. She looked away.

“Ya~ Sica ah, I’m sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing to me for?”

“You’re mad at me, aren’t you?”

“Does it matter?”

“Well, it does.”

“Why?”

Yuri pouted her lips and then sighed.

“I don’t like to see you like this.”

“Is there a problem?”

“No, it’s not really a problem but I feel awful for making you upset with me.”

Jessica smiled but Yuri couldn’t see it. She was too guilty to lift her head up. Jessica then slowly turned to look at her; Yuri looked like a small child being reprimanded by her mother.

“Yuri ah.”

Yuri looked up.

“I’m not upset with you.”

“You’re lying.”

Yuri subconsciously pouted her lips. Jessica grinned. Yuri was undeniably the most adorable girl she has ever met. Jessica then leaned closer and cupped Yuri’s cheeks with her palms. Yuri was taken aback at first but when she saw Jessica’s face up close; Yuri was entranced by the latter’s beauty. She just looked on as Jessica smiled widely; caressing her cheeks lightly with her thumb.

“I can never stay mad at you.”

“Why can’t you?”

Jessica didn’t answer. She locked her gaze with Yuri’s instead. They were staring at each other for the longest time and then Yuri caught sight of Jessica’s promiscuous lips. She leaned closer; Jessica bit her lower lip. She closed her eyes when she could feel Yuri’s breath against her lips. Then Yuri did the unexpected.

She kissed Jessica fully on her lips.

“Yuri..”

Jessica was breathless as she whispered her name softly.

“I’m sorry but I cannot resist you right now.”

Yuri took control after that.

-

The next morning, Yuri was awake before Jessica did. This time, she wasn’t drunk. She could remember everything that happened last night. She could recall how Jessica kept screaming her name as she came with a powerful force. And Yuri enjoyed it.

And when Jessica was falling asleep in her arms, Yuri stayed up to watch her breathing comfortably. Her arms draped across Yuri’s waist and Yuri pulled her in occasionally to kiss her on the forehead. Yuri has never done this towards any random girl which she had a one night stand with.

Only Jessica; she suddenly felt she ought to be responsible towards Jessica. Yuri was terrified at the thought. But she couldn’t seem to resist Jessica anymore. Each time she looked deep into Jessica’s eyes, she felt she was ered in. She was drawn to Jessica.

“Is this love?”

Yuri whispered softly. Jessica was deep in her sleep.

“Is this what you’ve been trying to show me, Jessica?”

Jessica stirred in her sleep and Yuri cuddled her closer.

“If this is love, then I’d love to embrace it, Sica.”

Yuri seemed decided.

“Let me embrace you, Sica.”

Yuri kissed her again.

-

Yoona was making coffee but her mind wandered far away. Her mind and soul were floating away from her. She didn’t even realize she has over-poured her hot water.

“Ah !”

The hot boiling water scalded her. Her pinkie finger was completely red and burnt. She rushed to the sink and let the water run over her finger. She bit down her tongue as the pain slowly increased but gradually subsided after ten minutes.

She went over to the bathroom and pulled out the first aid box when she saw Yuri in her shortest boxers and her over-sized baseball t-shirt. Yuri frowned.

“What’s wrong?”

“I scalded my finger.”

“What?”

Yuri rushed to her aid immediately and examined her finger. It wasn’t that bad but Yuri could see the finger was as red as a steamed lobster.

“How did it happen?”

“I was pouring hot water into my glass and didn’t realize it had overflowed.”

“Why? Were you distracted?”

Yoona shrugged her shoulders. Yuri rolled her eyes. She helped with the first aid before taking over Yoona’s role to make breakfast. Yoona settled down at the dining table instead.

“Where did you go last night? You didn’t return to the bakery after your deliveries.”

“I had something on.”

“Okay.”

Yuri grabbed three eggs instead of two. In fact, she has been grabbing sausages, meat patties in threes not twos. Yoona was curious.

“Are you really hungry?”

“Huh?”

“There are just two of us. Why are you cooking extra for?”

“Oh, it’s for someone in my bedroom.”

“Ya, Kwon Yuri, who did you bring home this time?”

“Don’t worry; she’s the same girl.”

Yoona was stunned.

“JESSICA?!”

Yuri nodded with a smile on her face.

“YA! HOW COULD YOU STILL SMILE?”

“I can smile all I want.”

“What do you mean by that?”

Yuri sighed happily. She turned to face Yoona and with her serious tone; she declared.

“Yoona, I’m in love.”

“What?”

“I’m in love with Jessica Jung.”

She confessed proudly.

-

Jessica woke up without Yuri by her side. She looked around the room but there was nobody. Jessica sat up and sighed. Yuri was missing again; this was the second time. The last time they did that; Yuri ran off after that. And she overheard her conversation with Yoona.

Yuri wasn’t ready to embrace her.

“Jessica Jung, what are you thinking of? She’s obviously not going to fall for you. She’s as stubborn as a mule.”

Jessica mumbled to herself. She grabbed her clothes and headed to the washroom. She washed up for a bit before heading out. She heard voices as she walked closer towards the front door. Someone was in the kitchen.

Jessica hid behind the pillar; she saw Yoona and Yuri. Yuri was making breakfast and Yoona was sitting there watching her. She overheard Yuri’s confession.

“Wait, you love her?”

“Yes, I love her.”

“You’re not making this up so that I won’t yell at you for sleeping with her again?”

“Don’t be an idiot. I won’t do the second time with the same girl unless she’s my girlfriend.”

“Hang on, you’re already embracing her?”

Yuri smiled.

“I just did, this morning.”

“Wow, this is new.”

“You really think so too?”

“Yeah, I mean you were planning to have one night stand with random girls because you cannot trust love anymore. So why this change?”

Jessica smiled; she knew she had finally caught Kwon Yuri’s heart.

“I don’t know, Yoona. Each time I look at her; I’m drawn to her. Her eyes call out to me all the time.”

“This is great!”

“But she doesn’t know.”

“Heh?”

“I haven’t confessed to her.”

“I thought you embraced her this morning?!”

“I did; but without her knowledge. I kinda embraced her in my heart.”

“You’re such an idiot. When are you going to confess?”

“I don’t know. I’m still thinking.”

Jessica smirked.

“Kwon Yuri, I’ll going to make you mine.”

Jessica was determined.

-

“So, you want me to hold your hand and act intimate with you?”

“Tiffany, Yoona’s a jealous woman. She may deny it but I can tell you; her jealousy is one of a kind.”

“What if it backfires and she hates me instead?”

“Do you want her as your girlfriend?”

“I do but I want her to love me naturally.”

“She is but she just couldn’t realize it.”

“So, she will make me hers?”

“I promise. If she doesn’t, I’ll make you mine.”

“Just shut up.”

Tiffany and Taeyeon decided to meet earlier. They were going to execute one of their plans to make Yoona jealous. They held hands and headed straight to the bakery. Taeyeon knew Yoona would be there earlier than anyone of us. True enough, Yoona was busy baking her cakes.

“Wow, is she your new girlfriend now?”

Hyoyeon was awed by Tiffany’s beauty. Taeyeon smirked.

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?”

“Yes she is.”

“She’s mine.”

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes; she just introduced herself and quickly attended to one of the customers who had just entered. Soo Young was standing at the cashier; watching them.

“Midget, you’re late.”

“I went to pick my girlfriend up.”

“Does she know about your other girlfriends?”

Tiffany gave Taeyeon a look and Taeyeon smacked Soo Young on her forehead.

“Don’t listen to her, honey. She’s jealous that I’m a lesbian and she’s straight.”

Soo Young rolled her eyes but nevertheless introduced herself to Tiffany before heading out. Just then, Yuri walked in from the kitchen. She was surprised to find Tiffany there; and worse, she was holding hands with Taeyeon.

“Tiffany?”

“Hey, Yuri!”

“What are you doing here and why are you holding this midget’s hand?”

“Stop calling me midget.”

“You’re a midget forever and always.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“She’s my new girlfriend.”

Taeyeon broke the news.

“Her what?”

Yuri was taken aback and someone else was equally stunned. Yoona was watching all the while. She heard Yuri calling out Tiffany’s name so she went out to greet her. But instead, she was greeted with a heartbreaking scene.

-

“Tiffany, you’re here.”

Yoona’s voice was soft and sad. Even her smile was done half-heartedly. Tiffany’s heart ached.

“Yes, Yoona.”

“I’ve packed your favourite bread. You can ask Taeyeon to get it for you. Oh, and congratulations.”

“Yoona..”

“I’m busy. I’ll talk to you later.”

Yoona turned her back on Tiffany and walked away. Taeyeon was grinning away.

“It worked!”

“She looks upset.”

“She’s jealous but she’s not going to let you see it.”

“Do you think this is a good idea? My heart is aching.”

“Just hang in there. I’ll end this before tonight.”

“You promise, Taeyeon?”

“Trust me. She’ll be yours by tonight.”

Tiffany nodded but she couldn’t help worrying for Yoona.

-

Yoona was in a foul mood. How could Tiffany do this to her? She promised she would wait but she jumped ship the moment someone new came into her life. And Yoona was perplexed. She thought she didn’t like Tiffany that much but now she knew she was wrong.

She likes Tiffany so much. In fact, she loves Tiffany.

“Im Yoona, you stupid fool.”

She sighed.  It was too late. Tiffany has become somebody’s girlfriend. Yuri went off to deliver the cakes. She was planning to confess to Jessica tonight. Soo Young was busy with her family and Hyoyeon was partying away with her friends at the club. Taeyeon, needless to say, was busy dating Tiffany.

“Geez, I’m alone tonight.”

Yoona was left alone to close her bakery. She pulled down the gutter and locked it. She was about to walk away when someone called out her name.

“Hello Yoona.”

Yoona recognized the voice.

“No, it cannot be.”

Yoona slowly turned to the direction of the voice and was stunned to find a lady standing there; smiling at her.

“Seohyun..?”

“Hello Yoona, how are you?”

Yoona’s world kept tumbling down. Her ex-girlfriend has returned.

-

“Tiffany, can you stop worrying?”

“Taeyeon, she doesn’t answer my calls. She doesn’t return my messages.”

“She’s upset. Of course she wouldn’t.”

Tiffany was restless. She didn’t hear from Yoona for the whole day since she found out about her fake relationship with Taeyeon. She misses Yoona.

“I cannot take this. I have to explain to her.”

“Are you that in love with her?”

Tiffany nodded.

“Yoona is such a lucky girl and she doesn’t realize it.”

“She needs time. She said that to me.”

“Are you sure you’re not going to continue with this facade?”

“Yes, I’m just going to win her heart through the proper ways.”

“Fine, let’s go and look for her. We tell her the truth.”

Tiffany agreed and both ladies went back to the bakery.  But Taeyeon was bewildered when she saw Seohyun.

“, why is she back?!”

“Who?”

“Yoona’s ex girlfriend; she’s with Yoona now. Look!”

Tiffany was crestfallen when she saw Seohyun hugging Yoona.

-