Epilogue

My Sweet Cakes

“KWON YURI! TELL US YOU’RE LYING!”

“WHAT DOES SHE HAVE THAT WE DON’T?!”

“Ladies, calm down!”

Yuri was pushed around like a rag doll. Her customers who were her huge fans were yelling and shouting at her. Yuri felt like dying.

“You told us she’s just a friend of yours!”

“Well, she was.”

“Then how the hell did she end up as your girlfriend?!”

Jessica just sat there; watching the chaos. She was not coming nearer; Yuri feared for her life. So she sat in the car; quietly. She was enjoying it though; her girlfriend needed to face their wrath. Who asked her to be such a huge flirt?

“She’s different.”

“We’re ladies too!”

“Yes, I’m totally aware of that but she’s the first one who makes my heart flutters so much. She might be as annoying as anyone of you but she’s been there for me. She’s always there when I need someone.”

“We could be there! You didn’t let us know where you stay!”

Yuri looked on in disbelief. Were the ladies for real?

“She caught my heart. I thought I couldn’t fall in love again but I did. She makes me feel like I can be anything I want. And I can do anything I want and that includes protecting her.”

Jessica heard every single word Yuri said and it made her blushed.

“I love her. I cannot be with anyone. I cannot imagine living my life together with the three of you but I could see myself in my future; living with her and perhaps having a family together.”

Jessica was taken aback. She didn’t think Yuri would have their future planned out together. She thought she was just falling in love with her but never would she imagine Yuri was falling deeply in love with her.

“The three of you are pretty. You can find someone else better than me. I’ve already found my world and she’s everything to me now.”

Jessica never knew Yuri could be so helplessly romantic like this. This was something new; something Jessica never thought she could see.

“I’m not asking for your blessings but I just wanted you to know that Jessica Jung is now the love of my life.”

Hara, Yejin and Chae Yeon broke down into tears immediately. Yuri felt sorry but she didn’t attempt to comfort them. She knew if she did, they would never let her go.

“I’m sorry. You can hate me if you want. You can stop buying cakes from my bakery if you have to. But I really wish the three of you to find the right one to love. Unfortunately, that special one isn’t me.”

The three ladies didn’t say anything. They just turned away and walked off. Well, one of them managed to slap Yuri across the face. But Yuri didn’t flinch. She deserved it. But Jessica was a little unhappy with that. So when Yuri returned to her side, Jessica didn’t hesitate to chide her.

“Why did you let her slap you?”

“She’s really unhappy. Just let her.”

“Well, I own every part of you. I won’t tolerate any girl who touches you; not even your face or your hand.”

Yuri looked on; narrowed her eye brows together. Jessica was showing her jealous side.

“So you will flip even if it’s just an accident?”

“Don’t let me see it. I think you’d be safe just as long as I don’t see it.”

Yuri rolled her eyes but nevertheless gave Jessica a soft kiss on her forehead.

“I love you, Jessica.”

Those three words were just enough to make Jessica falls for Yuri all over again.

-

Yoona was busy mixing the cake mixture. The flour; eggs and some other condiments went into the mixture. Yoona looked so incredibly y when she was concentrating and someone was gloating away. She sat comfortably on the kitchen counter; watching Yoona’s every move. Yoona realized it shortly after.

“Why are you smiling like that?”

“My girlfriend is so y today.”

Yoona shook her head but a smile was plastered on her face. She went back to her cake mixture and someone joined her. She was already hugging Yoona at her waist as she peeped over her shoulder.

“You’re really clingy today.”

“I miss you.”

“But I just spent the night at your place last night.”

“It’s not enough. I need you 24 hours, 7 days a week.”

“Ah, so this is Tiffany Hwang.”

“What do you mean?”

“I didn’t know you’re full of aegyo.”

“And you don’t like it?”

“I didn’t say anything. I believe I can live with that.”

Tiffany grinned before she changed her position. She stood next to Yoona instead. Yoona had already put the mixture into the tray and placed it in the warm oven. She then took another cake that was already done. She needed to do the icing.

Tiffany looked on; she was curious before on how Yoona could beautifully decorate her cakes. The designs were complicated and had intricate details. But Yoona could easily pull it off so now Tiffany was able to witness first hand. She was actually excited about it.

“Why are you so happy today?”

“I have always wanted to stand next to you and watch you bake cakes like this.”

“It makes you feels like you’re the baker’s wife?”

“Well, I wanted to be the baker’s everything.”

“You already are. The baker cannot live without you now.”

Tiffany blushed immediately. Yoona was such a smooth talker. She never knew this side of Yoona. Just then Yoona placed the bared cake in front of Tiffany. Tiffany looked up; confused.

“Let’s do this one together.”

“Huh?”

“I’ve always wanted to bake a cake together with the one I love so much in this world.”

“You know, you’re going to kill me with all your sweetness.”

Yoona grinned but nevertheless grabbed some cream designs and then stood behind Tiffany. She got Tiffany to hold one of them and then she put her arms around Tiffany. She bent forward; Tiffany followed through.

“What are you doing?”

“I’ll teach you to design.

“You’re doing this on purpose, aren’t you?”

“Don’t you like it?”

Tiffany smiled widely.

“This feels like that scene from the movie, Ghost.”

“That’s what exactly I have in mind.”

Tiffany was blushing and her heart was beating so rapidly. So she let Yoona guide her as they decorated the cake together. Tiffany really enjoyed it; especially that close skinship she could share with her girlfriend. It was just so intense yet romantic.

-