Chapter 10 (Last Chapter)

My Sweet Cakes

Yoona sat on the high chair; Seohyun was standing opposite of her. Yoona kept her eyes away from Seohyun. She had enough of today. She just wanted to go home and sleep the night through but more unexpected things came unfold.

“Why are you so quiet? You’re unhappy to see me?”

Seohyun, on the other hand, was standing still; staring at Yoona all the while. She was hoping for Yoona to turn to look at her but the older girl didn’t.

“No, it’s not that. It’s just that I have so much on my mind right now.”

“Oh, is there something bothering you?”

“No, nothing. When did you come back?”

Yoona looked up and smiled at Seohyun.

“I just came back yesterday. I wanted to meet you yesterday but something got held up.”

“Okay, that’s great.”

Seohyun watched as Yoona got up and walked over to her kitchen counter. She pulled out the fridge and pulled out a couple of cream puffs which she made for tomorrow’s sales. She placed them on the plate and put it in front of Seohyun.

“I made these earlier on. Are you hungry?”

“No, but I don’t mind trying one.”

Seohyun took one and was surprised at how good it was.

“Wow, you’re getting better at baking.”

Yoona shrugged her shoulders.

“There was nothing much to do when you walked out of my life. The only thing that could you put you away from my mind was baking.”

Seohyun felt the heat. Yoona looked away as soon as she finished talking. She stood far away from Seohyun; she noticed the younger lady was fidgeting nervously.

“Don’t worry; it’s over. I’m not mad anymore. I’m not even upset.”

“I’m sorry for leaving you.”

“Don’t be. You did what you should.”

Seohyun held back her tears. She knew she had made the biggest mistake for letting Yoona go. She regretted so badly when she realized it was extremely difficult to move on without Yoona by her side. She put the puffs aside and turned to look at Yoona.

“I’m a stupid fool.”

Yoona looked up.

“I shouldn’t have walked out of your life. I shouldn’t have thought that whatever I was doing was right for us; for you. It was a lie that I’ve lived through painfully.”

“Isn’t a bit too late to tell me all this?”

“Is it so?”

Yoona shook her head. Her mind suddenly thought of Tiffany. That one lady who was so bizarre in her actions; caught her heart and now she was with someone else. She couldn’t fathom what had happened earlier on.

“Love is a lie to me. Everybody has been lying to me. It’s not that I’ve asked to be tormented like this but I don’t know if it’s possible for me to love another once more.”

“I don’t mean it to happen this way.”

“But it already did, Seohyun. And because of you, I couldn’t move on. I couldn’t even stand up on my feet; walking away from the pain you’ve put me through and I keep falling backwards even if my mind and body are already ahead of time. Only my heart got fallen behind.”

“Yoona..”

“If you’re coming back for me, please don’t.”

“You’ve found someone else new?”

Yoona scoffed. She stared blankly at the wall ahead of her. She spoke painfully.

“It was because of you that I couldn’t move on. I let someone slipped away from my grasp. I couldn’t embrace her because of the pain you’ve put me through. I thought she might do the same to me. I told her to wait but how long could someone wait for me, right?”

Seohyun was alarmed to find tears in Yoona’s eyes. They fell freely but Yoona didn’t bother to wipe them away.

“She’s with someone else right now. I’ve lost her.”

“Why didn’t you fight for her?”

“I couldn’t because my heart has fallen behind; it is still staying with your memories; your old you.”

Seohyun walked over to Yoona’s side and stood in front of her. She cupped Yoona’s cheeks gently and wiped her tears away with her both thumbs.

“I’m already your past. I’m not here to hope in winning you back. I regretted hurting you the way I did. I could have done better but I didn’t.”

“You’re blissfully happy with him, right?”

“I’m not going to lie on that. Yes, he makes me happy. But he’s not you sometimes. I know my words are contradicting but Yoona, I just wanted to return to see how you’re doing. I know I don’t have the right to do so but my heart has never felt at ease since I left you.”

Yoona laughed bitterly.

“Now you’ve seen me. I’m the new Yoona who is still trapped in the past.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. Please, stop apologizing.”

“Then don’t give up on that new someone you have insight. Hold on to her.”

“She’s with someone new.”

“Then the more you should try to win her back. Tell her you love her.”

Yoona was taken aback.

“Love?”

“Yes, you love her, don’t you?”

Yoona was confused.

“Im Yoona, you love her, right?”

“I’m not too sure.”

Seohyun put her hands on Yoona’s shoulders and gripped tightly.

“Yoona, you’re in love with her. If it hurts you so badly to watch her with someone else, you’re falling in love with her. You’re already halfway there. Don’t give up yet.”

“What if she still leaves me?”

“It’s okay. Then you won’t regret it because you’ve already tried.”

Yoona nodded as though she understood. Well, she did but Tiffany’s with Taeyeon. Seeing Yoona’s hesitation, Seohyun came closer and hugged her tightly. Yoona was taken aback.

“Does the hug feel the same?”

“No, not really.”

“Who do you wish to hug the most right now?”

Seohyun whispered softly. Yoona understood Seohyun’s question. She sighed as she whispered softly.

“Her. Tiffany Hwang. I wish to have her in my arms right now.”

Yoona was sincere about that.

-

Tiffany left after she saw Seohyun and Yoona hugging. She just walked away; leaving Taeyeon behind. She didn’t even say goodbye; she just quietly faded into the darkness. Her heart was heavy.

She never knew how difficult it was to watch Yoona in someone’s arms and not hers. Yoona’s meant to be hers right from the very start. Her inner conscience was arguing with her mind. It felt like as though there was an angel on her right shoulder and a devil on her left.

Suddenly, she felt someone pulled her arm; Tiffany was taken aback to find Jessica staring at her.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“What do you want?”

“Are you going to give up just like that?”

“She has her ex-girlfriend.”

“You said it. Ex-girlfriend.”

“That girl probably wants Yoona back. Who wouldn’t want Yoona back? She’s the most awesome girl in the world.”

“Then why aren’t you taking this chance to grab Yoona away from her?”

“Do you think I stand a chance?”

“Didn’t she say to wait for her? Why did you agree to go for a fake relationship with that midget?”

“I don’t know. I’m stupid I guess.”

Jessica rolled her eyes and grabbed Tiffany’s arm. She dragged the girl along with her.

“Where are we going?”

“We’re going back to take Yoona away.”

“Are you insane, Jessica?”

“No, I’m not insane. I thought you want Yoona? I thought you told me you will win Yoona’s heart?”

“Just because you have Yuri’s heart, doesn’t mean I have that good fortune as well.”

“Well, if you don’t try, how would you know?”

Tiffany just looked on; she was helpless.

“Look, I just want you to fight for your love. If you don’t, you’ll regret it one day. I tried all my ways; did all I could to win Yuri’s heart. She hasn’t confessed yet but I know we’re somewhere there.”

Tiffany looked away; Jessica’s words made sense.

“Just come with me. We’ll confront Yoona right now.”

Jessica pulled Tiffany along with her; the girl followed her blindly from behind.

-

“Wait, what is Seohyun doing here?”

Yuri was stunned to find Seohyun in the kitchen. Taeyeon was with her. Taeyeon called Yuri earlier on.

“Yuri unnie..”

“What are you doing here?”

Taeyeon asked next.

“I’m here to visit Yoona.”

“What?”

“I don’t mean any harm. I just wanted to see how she’s doing.”

“Are you trying to mock at her?”

Seohyun smiled. She already had expected this kind of reaction from Yoona’s friends. She hurt Yoona deeply and her friends have always been protective of Yoona especially her cousin, Yuri.

“Girls, don’t say that. She’s here to visit me. That’s all.”

“Is she here to win you back?”

Taeyeon asked.

“No, Taeyeon unnie. I don’t have that slightest intention to do so.”

Taeyeon looked at Yoona who was seemed distracted. She bit her lower lip and then sighed. She went up to Yoona and smacked her forehead.

“Ow.”

“You’re so dumb sometimes.”

“Excuse me. You smacked my forehead and then you call me dumb?”

“You are STUPID and DUMB.”

Yoona rolled her eyes.

“You’re with Tiffany right now. What else do you want?”

“That’s right. Kim Taeyeon, did you just bulldozer your way in? Don’t you know Yoona likes Tiffany?”

“I’m aware.”

“Then why did you steal Tiffany away from Yoona?”

“I didn’t. It was a fake relationship. It was just for a show. I wanted to push Yoona to the edge. But instead of winning Tiffany’s heart, she ran away.”

There was a tad of irritation in Taeyeon’s voice. Yuri then nodded.

“That’s right. That’s so Yoona.”

“Whose side are you on now?”

“I don’t have any sides to go to.”

Taeyeon kneed Yuri in her . Yuri poked her nose. And Yoona was confused as ever.

“Wait, you mean you’re not in a relationship with Tiffany?”

“No? She’s so in love with you. You know how worried she was? You didn’t answer her calls; you didn’t reply her messages. You’re supposed to fight for her; not running away!”

“I was afraid.”

“What are you afraid of?”

Taeyeon turned and then saw Seohyun watching them.

“Seohyun hurt you so what?”

Taeyeon suddenly spoke up.

“She’s happy with her boyfriend. Am I right?”

Taeyeon intended that question for Seohyun. The lady nodded.

“See. You’re just wallowing yourself in self-pity all this while. You basically keep pushing love away and now your heart is hooked on one person who loves you back but you didn’t appreciate her.”

Yoona kept quiet. Seohyun was feeling bad for Yoona and Yuri kept patting on Yoona’s back.

“Do you love her, Yoona?”

Yuri asked.

“Yes.”

“Then what are you waiting for?”

Taeyeon was urging her.

“What should I tell her?”

“Tell her you love her. Tell her what you said to me just now.”

Yoona looked at Seohyun who was already smiling at her. Seohyun was encouraging her.

“You told me you want to hold her in your arms.”

Yoona nodded.

“Then tell her that. Tell her that while you hug her in your arms.”

-

Yoona ran out of the bakery and went all over the street; searching for Tiffany. The first place she went to was Tiffany’s place. She ran with all of her might; she had to tell Tiffany her heart.  Just then her phone rang and Yuri was calling.

“Yoona! Tiffany’s at home! I’ve asked Jessica. She’s there. Jessica has left so that you could have some time alone with Tiffany. Hurry up!”

“I will. I’m on my way now.”

“Good luck!”

Yoona was grateful. She finally understood her own heart. She shouldn’t have run away. She should have just admitted how much she loves Tiffany right from the very start.

It usually took 15 minutes if Yoona took the train but she ran instead. So after 30 minutes later, Yoona finally reached Tiffany’s house. Her heart felt like it would explode any time but Yoona had no intention of stopping. She finally reached Tiffany’s doorstep. She was breathing heavily; her legs were wobbly but she needed to see Tiffany even if she dies that night.

She was about to knock on the door when it opened abruptly. Tiffany was at the door; seemed like she was preparing to go somewhere.

“Yoona?”

Yoona’s face was pale from all the running. She wanted to speak but she was still gasping for air. Tiffany turned worried when Yoona was bending down. She seemed to be struggling.

“Yoona, are you alright?”

But even before Yoona could confess, she fainted instead. The running took the toll of her.

“YOONA!”

Tiffany was panicking.

-

Yuri waited for Jessica at the park. She wanted to confess. She was nervous. Her palms were sweaty. She nervously caressed her hair and then finally she saw a familiar figure walking slowly towards the park. Her heart beat rapidly.

Jessica was strolling quietly; there was a soft smile on her face. And when she saw Yuri waving at her; Jessica’s cheeks blushed instantly. She was flushing red.

“Hi.”

Yuri greeted her immediately the moment Jessica was next to her.

“Hi.”

“Ermm, how are you?”

“I’m fine. You saw me this morning.”

“Well, after that I didn’t see you much.”

“Wow, you miss me?”

“Yes.”

Yuri’s eyes grew larger when she realized her mistake.

“I mean, no.”

“Are you that shy, Yuri?”

“Yes?”

“You’re a liar.”

“No, I’m not. I’m naturally shy.”

“Right, so why did you ask me to come over here?”

“I have something to tell you.”

“Oh? So what is it?”

Yuri bit her lower lip. Jessica’s eyes were boring into hers. She looked away but her cheeks were blushing red.

“Kwon Yuri, stop turning into a tomato and tell me why you asked me here.”

Yuri was still fidgeting nervously.

“Are you going to tell me?”

“I want!”

“Then tell me now.”

“I...I....”

“Why are you stuttering now?”

Yuri was already blushing red and Jessica was enjoying this.

“I’ll leave if you don’t speak now.”

“Okay, okay. Wait, I say.”

“Say.”

“I like you.”

Jessica smiled.

“Of course you should.”

“Huh?”

“You slept with me twice. You should have liked me since the first time.”

“I did but I was confused.”

“And then second time unconfused you?”

Yuri was amused and bewildered.

“Are you trying to confuse me?”

“I’m trying to see if you’re telling me the truth. Some girls only like me because of my body.”

“I’m not that kind of person!”

“Well, who knows?”

Yuri frowned and Jessica was enjoying this too much. She was tormenting the girl.

“I’m not that kind of person. I mean, yes I do one night stands but I would only did it once and never again.”

“That’s equivalent of you to be compared to a jerk.”

Yuri was completely speechless.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing?”

“You think I’m a jerk.”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Oh my god, stop confusing me! I’m trying to confess!”

“Confess what?”

“I like you. And I love you too. You were right about everything. I finally knew why you said I’d love you till death.”

“So what’s the reason?”

Jessica looked up; her eyes sparkled. Yuri smiled and then leaned closer. She whispered in Yuri’s ears.

“It’s because you’re a warm ice princess. You may be contradicting and frustrating at times. But you have slowly captured my heart without realizing it. You stood by my side when I needed someone. Even though you were annoying enough but at least you were there all the time.”

Jessica could feel warmth in her heart.

-

Yoona was coming around. She could feel a wet stuff on her forehead and opened her eyes slowly. Somebody has placed a cold towel over her forehead.

“Urgh.”

“Hey, you’re awake.”

Yoona turned to her side to find Tiffany staring at her; worriedly.

“Are you feeling better?”

“Tiffany..”

“What the hell happened to you? Why did you run? Where did you run from? You scared me to death!”

“I’m sorry.”

“Why did you run?”

“I wanted to see you.”

“Huh?”

“I need to see you, Tiffany.”

“You could always call me.”

“No, this time is more important.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Tiffany, listen carefully.”

Tiffany nodded.

“I’ve been selfish to keep you away from me and then telling you to wait for me. I mean, it’s heartless of me to keep you waiting; you could have just walk away and find someone new. But you stayed. You willingly put your life on the line and waited for me to embrace you.”

Tiffany’s eyes became watery.

“I kept complaining that I was in pain. And that I couldn’t move on from my past. But the truth was; I’m just passing the pain on to you. It was selfish of me to hurt you this way.”

“Yoona..”

“And when Taeyeon unnie took you away from me, I felt like hell. I felt so miserable. I felt so helpless. Nothing went right for me since I saw you with her.”

“Yoona... I have to say something.”

“Wait, let me say it first.”

Yoona put her arms around Tiffany and pulled her into her embrace. Tiffany was caught on with the perfume Yoona was wearing as she felt herself pressed against Yoona’s neck. She smells like heaven.

“I ran away instead. I should have fight for you. So what if she took you away from me; you were supposed to wait for me. I couldn’t lose you, Tiffany. I hate myself for not realizing my feelings for you.”

Tiffany was taken aback.

“I don’t care anymore.”

Yoona tightened her grip around Tiffany.

“I just want to tell you this.”

“What is it, Yoona?”

“I want to hold you in my arms like this for the rest of my life. Will you let me?”

Tiffany’s heart leapt for joy.

“I’ve been waiting for this.”

“Forgive this fool.”

Tiffany shook her head.

“I’m sorry for putting you through so much misery.”

“It’s okay.”

“The truth is, Taeyeon and me are just faking our relationship.”

“I know. Taeyeon unnie confronted me. She saw me with my ex-girlfriend.”

“She’s back for you?”

Yoona pulled herself away from Tiffany and then cupped Tiffany’s cheeks gently.

“Even if she is, she’s not getting me anymore. Because this heart is already yours.”

Tiffany’s ears tingled. Those words were just so perfect.

“I love you, Tiffany.”

“I love you too, 

 

--------------------

Epilogue next and I'll end this story. :)