Hired

Someone Like You

Hyun Ae 

 

Eun Mi took me to her high-rise condo. I swear, I was tired. I looked out the window and watched the sun set. Eun Mi was right. All those years I spent in America were in vain if I wasn't over him. It was one of the main reasons I left in the first place. 

"Earth to Hyun Ae!" Eun Mi said as she waved her hand in front of my face. 

"OH! Sorry. The sunset is so nice from this view." I commented.

"Of course it is. Why do you think I live here?"

I smiled. Typical Eun Mi. Prideful in her choice of...well....everything. She thinks she's awesome. It gets really irritating sometimes. But she's my best friend (even though I have no idea how we became like this).

"You hungry?" she asked.

"NAH, I think I'll go to sleep." Did I mention I was tired?

"Right. Uh, your room will be right here," she said, pointing to the first door on her left. 

I took my luggage and sat down at the foot of the bed with a sigh. Maybe sleep will make me feel better.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I was dreaming. 

 

 

It has to be a dream.

 

 

Because I was holding him.

 

 

And he was holding me.

 

 

Then he kissed me.

 

 

 

Yes. This is a dream.

 

 

 

It's too good to be true.

 

 

"I miss you," he said.

 

"I...." I began to say, then all of a sudden, there was an annoying ringing noise that didn't seem to shut up. Like.....like......an alarm......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes flew wide open. I turned to my side and the clock said 9:30 AM. Shooooot, I have a job interview today at.... 10 AM.

Eun Mi already left to go to work. We had already arranged to meet for lunch later. I remember the streets pretty well, so I assured her that I didn't need a ride. 

I jumped up and put on the most professional clothes I could fish out of my luggage. I brushed my hair and put on some light make up. WELL. This would do.

 

At the photography studio

"Good morning!" I said politely as I entered. I checked my watch. It was 10:05. Eh, just five minutes late.

"You're five minutes late," said the lady at the desk.

WELL. She looked like a nice person, actually. Until now. "Mianhae!" I apologized quickly. "I just arrived from America yesterday afternoon and I was very tired. It won't happen again." I bowed slightly.

"Please make sure it doesn't. Mr. Kim won't like it very much if his photographers are late."

Mr. Kim? "Yes ma'am."

"This way, for your interview. By the way, I am Choi Su Jin. I've been working here for about a year now. " She led me down a pristine hallway with an orange carpet down the middle. She opened the third door on the right. 

"Mr. Kim, the applicant is here," she announced to him.

"Let her in," a strangely familiar voice said.

Slowly, I walked to the door. When I cam in, the back of his chair was facing me. He turned and we both gasped.

"Jonghyun," I said as he said, "Hyun Ae."

Su Jin looked surprised. "You know each other?"

"Uh, yes, we do. Thank you, Su Jin," Jonghyun said and dismissed her.

Jonghyun

I was on Me2Day when I heard a knock on my office door. 

Su Jin came in and said, "Mr. Kim, the applicant is here."

Applicant? What----OH. RIGHT. Someone sent in an application a couple of weeks ago.Truth is, I haven't even looked at it. I opened the folder in front of me and glanced to check gender pronouns. I can't make myself look bad, you know.

"Let her in," I said. 

I turned my chair to face her and gasped. 

"Hyun Ae."

"You know each other?" Su Jin asked.

Of course we knew each other. "Uh, yes, we do. Thank you, Su Jin,"  I said and told her to carry on with her work. "Close the door," I told Hyun Ae.

As soon as she closed it, I cussed.

"Pleased to meet you, MR. KIM," Hyun Ae said condescendingly.

"If I had known...." What would I have done if I had known? I can't just trash the application. But I can't work with her either. She hates me too much. And I hate MYSELF for making her become like this.

"So. You gonna interview me, or what? Because I have things I want to do, especially now that I'm back."

"Do you really want this job?" I asked.

"Before, when I didn't know my boss would be you. But now...well.... let's just say I would'nt mind if you don't want to hire me."

Keep things professional, Jonghyun. "Don't be rude to your boss. That's not going to get you a job anywhere, " I said with a grin.

"Fine. Yes, I want the job. This company is one of the best photography companies I've done my research on. It pays very well, too."

Well, I'm flattered. Hyun Ae really knows how to be professional. "Do you think you can work extended hours on weekends?"

"If I have to, sure."

"Do you know how to use editing software and such?"

"Mmhmm."

"Congratulations, you're hired." I stood up and  extended my hand in the most professional manner across my desk. Hyun Ae shook it, her face devoid of feeling. "I expect to see you here tomorrow, at 8 AM. Don't be late. We have a massive photoshoot tomorrow."

Without any word, she left.

Hyun Ae

I can't believe I didn't walk out of his office the moment I saw him. What was I thinking?! That if I worked with him, we could get together again? No, I couldn't trust him, after what he did to me. Wait til Eun Mi hears about this.....

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HELLO READERSSS~

I miss you all so much! :DD I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like, 4 months. But I will try and update more often now! Maybe once a week or something. 

 

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. To be honest, I came up with it as I was typing LOLOLOL

And if you have suggestions as to what should happen in the story, I'll take those into consideration.

 

 

P.S. Have you heard about Block B's P.O. being hospitalized?? Don't you think it's horrible that the antis want Block B to commit suicide :C