Be Vigilant, Always.

Breakaway

"Please! Save me!!! Someone please!!" Seohyun heard a little girl screaming from far. It was one of her team's invasion to save the children who have been kidnapped by a serial killer. They managed to found all except this little girl. Going through the jungle, it was difficult as the sky was getting darker by each minute, and she was all alone with only her gun and a torchlight. "Seohyun, turn back now!" Her team leader ordered through the walkie talkie. "I need to find her." Seohyun replied simply then switched it off, did not want to waste more time trying to reason with her team leader. She was set to get the girl back with her, no matter how long she will take.

"Hana-ya!!!" Seohyun called out. "Unnie is here, tell me where are you!!" She hoped the girl responds to her. Branches were starting to cut through her skin as she tried to sift through the woods. However, she stepped on an uneven surface and lost her balance, resulting in her rolling down the steep slope. It took her awhile to endure the pain before standing up again. "!" Seohyun cursed. Her ankle was sprained and it was going to hinder her progress even further.

But her mission ended as she found her torchlight and shone it around. She found Hana, lying lifelessly on the ground, eyes still wide opened. Rushing over to take her into her embrace, only that the girl has already died with knife slit through .

"NO NO NOOOOO!"

Seohyun woke up screaming and tears were falling. "Unnie...I'm sorry...I'm really really sorry." She mumbled to herself non-stop. It was the dream. The one that haunted her for years, the guilt she put upon herself for not being able to save her niece.

===

"We have a newcomer." Jihoo announced as he brought a guy into the gym. He wasn't very tall, probably 10cm taller than she was, medium built. Not much of a threat. Seohyun thought as she continued her training without caring much.

"Seohyun, will you please pair up with Yonghwa. Show him around, brief him on our daily routine." Seohyun turned around, clearly displeased by what the team leader have said. "She's one of the most capable fighter here, I hope you can learn a lot from her, Yonghwa." Jihoo turned to the newcomer as he nodded his head, only to continue staring into her eyes.

"I'm Jung Yonghwa, 25." Yonghwa extended his hand as Jihoo left them alone. "Seohyun." Seohyun replied curtly without taking his hand. "First lesson." As Seohyun mentioned shortly after, Yonghwa had already been flipped onto the ground, groaning in pain and looking back at her in shock. "Be vigilant to your surroundings." She said, as she raised her eyebrow, expecting him to stand up immediately.

Yonghwa smirked as he stood up, his new partner was feisty and he felt it was all interesting.

===

Seohyun slowly got used to Yonghwa's presence. Him following her everywhere, to lunch, to dinner, to training, to meetings...and she could not even asked him to stop. He was after all her responsibility since technically Jihoo has assigned him to her. But she could not understand why this guy could not be a little more independent.

"Why did you join us?" Seohyun stopped in her tracks suddenly, while Yonghwa almost banged into her but managed to stop in time. "Don't we all have the same goal? To be stronger, to contribute to the organisation." Yonghwa answered. "Perhaps. People like us who have joined came from different background, we were not forced to join, but we just simply have nowhere else to go." Seohyun said. "In any case, I hope you find your true goal, and try to stop following me around. I do not show it, but I still enjoy my peace very much." Seohyun said as she walked away, leaving a puzzled Yonghwa behind.

===

"Dealing tonight, everyone be prepared. Yonghwa, it will be your first dealing, so take caution." Jihoo said. "He's joining already? He's only been here for a week." Seohyun said. She wasn't sure if Yonghwa could handle if he gets into a difficult situation, after all, there was no certainty every time they go. "Yes, we need him. Tao is down remember? He hasn't recover from his injuries. Don't worry Yonghwa will do fine." another member Taehwan reassured.

Seohyun did not pursue any longer. She did not want any casualties, but most importantly, she did not want the team to be dragged down. It would ruin her mission. But she did not want to make a fuss over such a decision, it wasn't it her position to do so, and would she care if the new guy loses his life? No. It has been such a norm to see one who comes and go easily.

"Let's go." Seohyun said as she glanced over to Yonghwa who was standing there quietly. "Just remember what I've taught you for the week. Be ALWAYS vigilant. I can't cover your back, but I will try. And don't look back, no matter what. Remember." Seohyun said briefly before entering the car. She took out a spare knife and passed it to Yonghwa. "Keep it in your shoes. You might need it if things go wrong."

"Thank you, Seohyun." Yonghwa said as he continued staring at her, while Seohyun did her preparations, closing her eyes, praying for another smooth dealing.

"Hand it over, Jihoo." Yoon Jisuk, the liaising man said. "Sure, but we need to see the cash first." Jihoo said casually, being very used to such situations. Yoon Jisuk looked over at his men, then gestured them to bring the case over. They then opened up the case, showing stacks and stacks of cash. "Taehwan." Jihoo said. Nodding, Taehwan stepped forward and picked the stacks up, scrutinizing if any were counterfeits. He then looked back to Jihoo to give him the green light.

"Here's the stuff you want." Jihoo passed the bag of the drugs to Yoon Jisuk, while Taehwan took over the case of cash, about to walk away.

'Bang'

Someone pulled the trigger, and Taehwan's agonizing groan was heard. Smoke bombs were used to blur the visions, and Seohyun immediately drew out her gun, trying to find the right target and fire back. Both sides were exchanging fires furiously, and Seohyun managed to shoot down two men.

She was busy scanning around to look for Jihoo and Taehwan, and finally found Taehwan lying on the ground clutching his leg. "Taehwan-ah! Hang on, I will get you out of here. Can you stand up?" She asked quickly. "Go Seohyun, it's dangerous here. You know we should never look back." Taehwan mumbled, as the pain began to embrace him.

"No. Come, hold onto my shoulders." Seohyun held Taehwan up as he staggered slowly. She tried to shift him to a safe place before she help the rest, unfortunately to have bumped into Yoon Jisuk. "Not that easy huh, being the only lady in the clan." Yoon Jisuk said. "Get lost before I hurt you." Seohyun replied. "Feisty...would be nice to have you to join our clan." He smirked, then accelerated towards them as he tried to grab Seohyun by her arms.

Seohyun placed Taehwan down before managing to dodge Yoon Jisuk's attempt. They exchanged a few blows and she managed to hit him hard, but he was still very strong. Without her realizing, Jisuk managed to kick her hard at her knees and she stepped back from the impact. She knew she had broken something already.

"Give up, pretty lady. Just leave with us and I can assure you I will not hurt you pretty face." Yoon Jisuk said. "Always...be vigilant." Seohyun smirked, as Yoon Jisuk screamed in pain, as Yonghwa stabbed him from the back with the knife Seohyun had gave him earlier on,  leaving him lying on the ground, unable to fight back anymore.

"Seohyun-ah, are you okay?" Yonghwa hurried over to her. "Go help Taehwan now. He's bleeding, we need to stop it before it's too late." She said, as she tried to stand up holding anything she could reach out too. "I will call the rest, wait here." Yonghwa said as phoned Jihoo.

The pain engulfed Seohyun's mind as her senses began to fail her...she falls to the ground.