New Start

Breakaway

Seohyun woke up in a familiar place. It wasn't the first time she found herself staring at the same ceiling, same sofa, same layout. She knew she out in a dealing, and she clearly knew why since it wasn't her first time here. The only thing she did not knew was the severity of her injury. "How is it this time round?" She asked the doctor at the side.

"Torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament, in short, your ACL." The doctor said. "You will be fine after an operation and some physiotherapy. Will be able to walk properly in 2-3 months." He explained. Seohyun flinched at the idea. Being needy for 2-3 months did not sound pleasing. She had important missions and this is a bad timing. The son of the organisation has yet to be announced. "Is there..." and before Seohyun could finish her sentence, the doctor said "No, Seohyun, you cannot." Seohyun sighed. She had been rebellious enough to always ignore the doctor, and now, he could actually predict her question. No, she cannot discharge earlier unless there is a miracle.

"Hey Seohyun, how are you feeling already?" Jihoo grinned. He had an injury on his arm after he tried to chase after Yoon Jisuk, who had ran away after Jihoo managed to get more back up. Seohyun scowled at him, since he clearly knew about her condition way before her. He was just trying to since he always knew she was one serious person when it comes to work.

"Is everyone alright?" Seohyun asked, suddenly remembered Taehwan, and also Yonghwa who saved her life. "The doctor managed to remove the bullet safely from Taehwan's leg, it's a relief though he lost quite an amount of blood. Yonghwa even donated his to him. What a kind chap." Jihoo said. "Is...is Yonghwa alright?" Seohyun hesitated, she did not know if it sounded weird to ask about Yonghwa. "Yeah he's fine, pretty good huh, for a first timer." He exclaimed.

Seohyun ignored Jihoo's comment as she lost him in her deep thoughts. "Seohyun, you will be taken out of the future dealings as for now. But we will still need your help at the points. Your cue, and your commands to alert us will help a lot." Jihoo explained. "Yeah sure, while I miss out all the fun." Seohyun replied, smiling. "Yeah you definitely will. But you will still need to help teach Yonghwa other hands-on stuff around the organisation. After all, he is still new." He added. Seohyun nodded.

"I will leave you alone to rest then." Jihoo said as he left the room, allowing Seohyun to rest. "Sir, I'm down for now, but I will still be with the team." Seohyun picked up her phone and pressed on the speed dial. "Are you okay? Hurt anywhere?" The person on the other end of the line asked. "Yeah I'm fine. Will be able to return to normal after a few months. Don't worry." Seohyun replied. "Thank you Joohyun. Please take good care of yourself." He reminded. "Yes Sir, I will hang up now then." Seohyun ended the call.

Seohyun adjusted the bed to a comfortable sitting position, then closed her eyes to think about the actual happening. She thought about how she could have prevented such a situation from happening and made her note to increase her fighting skills in the future after she has recover.

Her train of thoughts were quickly interrupted as she heard a knock on her door, followed by Yonghwa's presence. She stared at him, feeling a little awkward and weird at the same time. As Yonghwa's mentor, she was supposed to be the one strong, instead, here she was lying on the hospital bed with a broken knee.

"Hey, how's your leg?" Yonghwa approached her slowly, unsure if what he was doing was the right thing. After all, they are not that close to begin with. "I'm okay, just a broken leg, nothing unusual." Seohyun replied. "That's good.. He injured you pretty badly, I was kinda worried." Yonghwa laughed nervously. Silence fell upon them.

"Thank you." Seohyun suddenly mentioned without looking at Yonghwa. "For saving me." Yonghwa momentarily cleared his throat then said, "You're the good mentor, preparing me for such situations." He smiled shyly. "I'm down for a few months, I can still mentor you, just not on the fighting side. Verbal guidance can still work." Seohyun continued. "And thank you for helping Taehwan oppa."

Yonghwa raised his eyebrow at Seohyun for her choice of words. "Taehwan...oppa? Didn't know someone like you can call another guy 'oppa'" He teased. "What?" Seohyun stared at him, flustered by his remark. Did he not take her as a normal girl who calls an older guy 'oppa' too? Yonghwa became a little nervous with the sudden change of atmosphere.

"I..I don't mean it the way you're thinking right now. I'm sorry." Yonghwa apologized. "It's just that you seemed to be really cold towards the guys around here." He tried to explain."Yonghwa oppa?" Seohyun called.

"N-ne??!" Yonghwa exclaimed in shock. This time, it was his turn to be caught off guard. Seohyun could no longer hold it in and began to laugh. Yonghwa's expressions were really extreme and his facial expressions were ridiculously hilarious to her. Yonghwa found himself staring at Seohyun's happy face, it was new to him.

"You know..you're beautiful when you laugh freely like that." Yonghwa found himself praising Seohyun unknowingly. Seohyun coughed awkwardly as she retorted, "Change another pick up line, you will not get any girls from such old and cliche pick-up lines."

"I did not mean it that way though, I was just being honest." He mumbled. Just then, the nurse came in and it was time for Seohyun's check up. Yonghwa took his leave while the nurse helped Seohyun onto a wheelchair and pushed her to the consultation room to meet the doctor.

===

"It's been awhile, Dr. Choi." Seohyun smiled as the consultation room door opened, revealing Choi Siwon's face. "I would rather not see you here, Joohyun. We can always meet elsewhere." Siwon said seriously. He then nodded at the nurse as he took over the wheelchair and brought her to his table. Later did she know, the person she was on the phone awhile ago was in the room too.

"Kyuhyun, what are you doing here?" Seohyun said as her facial expression turned a little dark. "As your in-charge, I am informed of your condition, Joohyun. And I'm very worried." He said, well aware that he was doing this due to personal reasons and not for work.

"You are putting our whole team in danger! What if any of them sees you and me together, or one of them recognises you." Seohyun hissed. "Hey hey Joohyun-ah, you are still unwell, don't get agitated. You should know that you are an agent and whatever reports on you will be reflected in the system as well." Siwon tried to explain.

Seohyun sighed as she gave in. There was nothing much she could do but to pray hard nobody saw Kyuhyun entering Siwon's office. Siwon allowed the atmosphere to lighten a little before he start.

"Joohyun, it's been six months since you've came to look for me for your condition, right?" Siwon confirmed and Seohyun nodded. "Remember I told you I will send your lab test to the States for them to review and look more into it? The results are back." Siwon explained. "I tried contacting you last month, but apparently cannot get through, so I had to ask Kyuhyun for your whereabouts."

"As for your test results, I am requesting Kyuhyun to formally pull you out from your current assignments and concentrate on your treatments.