Unprepared

Breakaway

"You need to find a way, Seohyun." The girl nodded her head. She was carrying out a mission that was highly complicated and it was any little mistake could lead to a failure that could be fatal. It should be an honor to be chosen, but Seohyun was not too sure now. "I know Sir, I will try." Seohyun replied sternly. She had no time to be fooling about, she could not give empty promises either. "Thank you, Joohyun. I am really sorry to put you in such a tough spot. But you are the best suitable candidate. I hope you understand." The caller soften his tone. This mission, should it fails, could cost her life, but there wasn't any other way. "It's okay Sir, this is my job. I will get going now." Seohyun replied as a matter of fact. Seohyun ended the call as she continued her research and observations. She was on this mission for a year and only up till now she finally found an opportunity to progress. She had to make sure that nothing goes wrong or all her effort would go down the drain. 

It's 1am. She walked to her kitchen and popped a pill before heading to bed. It's been more than 6 months since she could last sleep properly. Even though Seohyun was trained for such an environment, the things she has seen over the year was enough to hunt her every night. There were just things where you cannot be prepared for no matter how much effort or preparations you have done and put in. She tried so many methods to exhaust herself out, but to no avail. After much considerations, she turned to a psychiatrist for help, which nobody knew about. The doctor was her sister-in-law. 

--

"Speak." Seohyun said as a call to her spare phone interrupted her sleep at 6am. "We are dealing again, Jihoo said he wants you to be there this time round." The guy over at the other end said. "I will be there in thirty minutes." She said as she hung up and began preparing. Things are going to get interesting. 

"You're here." Jihoo said as he heard the engine of the Seohyun's motorbike became silent. "What are we dealing with this time round?" Seohyun asked as she removed her helmet. " Always straight to the point Seohyun, that's what I like about you." Seohyun continued to put on her bullet-proof vest to prepare for later. Seeing there was no response from the girl, Jihoo cleared his throat and began describing the situation later. 

"The boss's son is coming." He said. Seohyun stopped whatever she was doing and looked at Jihoo. "The boss has a son?" She asked, a little caught off guard. For the past one year, she knew every little details of the boss, but she did not know that he had a son. He must have hid him away from the public eyes. "Yes, we were informed last night actually, it was a sudden decision to switch roles. His son will be taking over his role for now. 

Seohyun nodded as she tried to digest as much as she could. She did not want to make a blunder at such a turning point. This was new information to the team and it may be of some help in the future. "He's here." Someone announced as Seohyun's train of thoughts was disrupted. She took a deep breath and followed the rest to welcome the son of the boss. 

"Where is he? Has he arrived?" Jihoo asked as he paced back and forth. "What? Why were we not informed?" He said in annoyance. "Alright, I get it. Tell us when everything is ready." He then hung up the phone. "Sorry guys, the boss's son is already in the office. He went though the security route and we were not informed. Let's wait for their orders." Jihoo announced as he walked back to the building. 

Seohyun sighed. She felt a little relieved for not having to meet the boss's son without any preparations. She then followed the rest to start their daily routine. Today was Muay Thai, followed by shooting range. It is a must-know skill for them to be recruited, being well-versed in martial arts so as to protect their boss. Even though Seohyun is a girl, she was able to take down men few sizes bigger than her with her agility and skills, she was an outstanding recruit by the organization. 

However, she was a little off today. Her mind was occupied about this new finding and she could not concentrate. Her training partner managed to flip her thrice, with her landing heavily on her back. "Seohyun-ah! Just what are you doing!" Tao said. "Sorry, I'm a little tired today. Let's continue." She replied as she rub her back and stood up. 

"Call it a day. You might get injured under such a condition. Besides, there is a new dealing we need to understand today. It's gonna be a complicated one." Tao explained. "Alright, let me clean up first." Seohyun said as she excused herself to the bathroom.