Chapter 6

Paper Heart

"Uh..." Saera stared at the principal of the school dumbly. "Excuse me?" She blinked a few times. "But what did you just call me..? The.. chosen one? What's that supposed to mean?" She questioned causing the principal to merely smile as he said a simple 'Oh'. 

"Right. I should introduce myself first. I'm Principal Park, otherwise known as one of the members of the council of us, Phyrdans." Principal Park began. "You see, us people who have powers are called Phyrdans. We're humans, yes but we're special and hence we have a whole different category to ourselves. There are some pieces of DNA and some atoms in us that make us what we are." He paused before continuing.

You, my dear, are the very person we have been waiting for ever since the war between us Phyrdans and Eluns started. Eluns, are just like us. The only difference is that they're reckless and they were all brought up to be evil. They live in another world, fortunately. Howeve there is a portal that can be opened up by both sides so at anytime they can cross over which is something they managed to do about 200 years back. Someone by the name Haeyoung at that time who also possessed a dozen powers just like you managed to throw them all back into the other world and seal it. Now, the seal is slowly becoming weaker and weaker and soon, the Eluns will move over to our side of the world and destroy the human race as we know it." Principal Park explained.

"Now, that's where you come in. You see, we believe that you are the reincarnation of Haeyoung, the one who has the ability to stop them. We're not sure what powers you have but back then, Haeyoung did have telepathy, telekinesis, shape-shifting, enchanced speed and element manipulation which were the very things that helped her defeat the Eluns. From what Vice Principal Im had informed us, you have only three of the above with the addition of gravity manipulation." Principal Park put his hands together as he placed his elbows onto his desk.

"Therefore, you will have a different schedule from everybody as we need to make sure we get to improve every single power of yours." He calmly stated. "With me so far?" He questioned and all Saera could do was nod.

"You're supposed to say that while you were throwing information at me-" Saera covered after saying what she did. 'Curse me and my sharp tongue.' She thought to herself but all the principal did was laugh. 

"Right. If you have any questions, feel free to ask your teachers or any of us." He smiled warmly at her. "Also, is there any particular group you'd like to join?" He asked and Saera thought for a moment before nodding. 

"I'd like to join...











Pryldec please."