Chapter 1

Paper Heart

Saera was silently walking down the road when she came upon a crying boy. Feeling her heart wrench slightly, she carefully walked up to him and bent down till she was at his level. 

"Hello little boy, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Saera's voice was soft and gentle as she spoke to the crying boy.

"Omma... Omma!" The boy was repeating over and over and it was a no-brainer that he had lost his mother. 

"Don't cry.. Young men don't cry, alright? Noona has some candy with her so if you stop crying, noona will give you some candy. What do you say?" Saera smiled at the little boy who looked at her with his big eyes.

"Really, noona? You'll really give me candy if I stop crying?" Saera nodded with a big smile. "Then.. Then I'll stop crying now, noona!" The little boy declared and Saera smiled and as she reached into her bag for some candy she always carried around, the little boy was pulled away from her. There, a woman stood with a beet-red face.

"Youngwoon! What did I say about running off?! Don't go near this noona if you ever see her, didn't I tell you that?" The woman scolded her child harshly before turning to Saera who was slowly standing up. "And you! Don't ever come near my child. I don't want him to be near a monster like you." The woman walked away while scolding her child, leaving Saera standing there feeling hurt by her words. 

"It's not my fault.. I never asked for any of this.." Saera muttered, a sad atmosphere cast around her. Almost instantly, as if reacting to her emotion, the bush beside her got caught on fire and the ground around her began cracking. The citizens around her began screaming and fleeing from the scene. All except one male who stood on the opposite end of the road. He instantly caught Saera's attention because he was the only one not running away from her in fear. The male who had drawn in Saera's attention had somehow managed to get her to stop her powers from destroying the things. Instantly, the fire lit on the bush was extinguished and the cracks on the road mended itself. When Saera turned to look at the reconstruction before turning to look at the male, he was gone. 

 

"Who..was that?" Saera wondered.

5 minutes ago,

The male who had been watching Saera who had stood there with a gloom look on her face, couldn't help but be drawn into her. He didn't even notice the wreckage caused by her except for the fire nor did he notice the crowd of people running and screaming. It was as if it was just the two of them standing there. It was a little creepy, that he would admit but he couldn't help it. It was like he was a fly drawn to light, her. 


However, when she turned away, he snapped out of it and had walked away feeling a little dazed and lost, the feelings he shrugged off as he walked. 


A/N : That's it for the first chapter! I hope it wasn't too confusing..
Don't worry though, you guys will slowly get to know them c:
After all, that's what a story is all about, isn't it? ^^
Here's a slight preview of what's gonna happen next!

Preview

"Who are you..?" Saera asked the male who had been appearing out of nowhere for several times now and it had just became creepy when she caught him watching her after  another incident with her powers. "Why have you been staring at me..?" She added. 

"Princess, it's been so long.." The male replied as if it ought to answer all of her questions when all it did was confuse her. The next thing she knew, she had fainted with her body falling towards the male.

End of preview