Chapter 4

Paper Heart

"Right. My homeroom." Saera nodded to herself as she glanced at the door leading to the said classroom. She honestly didn't know what to expect.

She drew in a deep breath before opening the door and taking a few steps in. 

"Ah, you must be the new student." The male teacher standing before her commented and Saera nodded before handing him the pass the secretary had handed to her earlier. "Go ahead and introduce yourself." The teacher said and that was when Saera turned her head and thoughts instantly flooded her head.

"She's the new student? Damn she's hot."

"She's so pretty.."

"I wonder what kind of power she has."

"She's probably just one of those girls who had to do something in order to get into the school."

"It's her again?"


The last thought that flooded her head caused her to turn and look. It was Jongin who looked mildly surprised to see her there. She honestly didn't expect herself to be able to hear thoughts. In fact, it was her first time hearing thoughts and it freaked her out but after witnessing the snowball in Spring and the plasma that shot out of the secretary's hands, she wasn't all that surprised anymore. Who knew what other things she could do?

"Hello everyone." As soon as she spoke, almost as if it was a switch, she couldn't hear their thoughts anymore. "I'm Yoon Saera.." She nodded her head. 

"What's your ability??" Someone shouted from across the classroom and the rest of the class continued shooting questions at her.

"I-" She got cut off by her teacher.

"Settle down." The said teacher commanded before turning to Saera. "Take a seat next to Jongin. I have some announcements to make." He told her and she nodded before walking over to her new seat which was the seat by the window at the very back of the class. There were whispers of envy from the girls as she sat down next to him. 

"So.. it's you again." Jongin commented but she didn't pay him any attention due to the fact that the teacher was beginning to speak.

"As some of you may know, I'm Mr. Jeon and I'll be your homeroom teacher this year. Your schedules will be determined after going through an examination in the Great Hall which WILL be held after homeroom." The male teacher, otherwise known as Mr Jeon spoke. "Rules from the years before are still applied. Jongin, I trust you will tell Saera about it, yes?" Jongin nodded his head in reply. "Also, please do get your school uniform and supplies from the school's store as soon as possible. Hopefully, by today. I do not want any of the disciplinary teachers coming up to me and complaining that students from MY class are breaking the school rules." He went on and on about how students from his class should always be on their best behavior. 

Saera inwardly sighed as she listened to him drone on and on. Jongin glanced at her and chuckled softly at how bored she looked.

"He's always like that. He has extremely high expectations for all of us." He whispered and Saera sighed again, but out loud this time. A smile crept up to his lips at her reaction before turning to write some things down his notebook. 



"...dismissed." Mr Jeon said and Saera wanted to throw her arms up into the air in relief. It was just her first day there and yet she was already growing bored at the said teacher's constant talk about having to be the best class yet. If she didn't know any better, she would've said that the teachers must secretly have a bet to see who has the most troublesome class and who has the best class and Mr Jeon was probably betting on his class to be the best class yet. 

Saera got off her seat and was about to leave when Jongin grabbed her wrist. She turned around in surprise.

"Uhm.. Yes?" She asked as Jongin let go of her wrist hurriedly.

"Sorry." He muttered. "I was just going to tell you that I'll go with you to the Great Hall. You're new here and I was supposed to tell you the rules for the examination later." Jongin told her and she nodded.

"Right. Let's go then." Saera started walking as Jongin ran after her before beginning to speak. 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry if it's still really boring. It will get more interesting once we get to around chapter 5 or 6. For now, we need to do all that introduction part. Also, in case anyone got confused, I changed Manipulation Class to Homeroom because I just realized that they need to know what Saera's power is first.